15 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Denmark
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
JohnAlbedo says

One of my clients wants to use the same track/item, for which he has Regular Licence, for multiple videos. The sole purpose of this would be self promotion and not financial gain.

Would Extended Licence suffice in this case?

Or a separate license for each video/track use would be needed (this would be absurd)?

909 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Kurlykovs says

Tell him he needs extended license for each video! that way you will make more money.

(due to recent unfair deletion of my comment, I have to say that – Dear KING DOG this is a JOKE no harm intended)

565 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
Coriiander says

We are not selling products here. A buyer cannot become the owner of your product. What we do here is providing products, and sell licenses that grant usage of our products. A license can only be used once. For every item our product is used in, another appropriate license has to be obtained.

If your client uses your track in 1 video which is not for sale, he needs 1 regular license.
If your client uses your track in 2 videos which are not for sale, he needs 2 regular licenses.
If your client uses your track in 28394 videos which are not for sale, he needs 28394 regular licences.

If your client uses your track in 1 video which is for sale, he needs 1 extended license.
If your client uses your track in 2 videos which are for sale, he needs 2 extended licenses.
If your client uses your track in 28394 videos which are for sale, he needs 28394 extended licences.

99 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sweden
uppnerupp says

We are not selling products here. A buyer cannot become the owner of your product. What we do here is providing products, and sell licenses that grant usage of our products. A license can only be used once. For every item our product is used in, another appropriate license has to be obtained.

If your client uses your track in 1 video which is not for sale, he needs 1 regular license.
If your client uses your track in 2 videos which are not for sale, he needs 2 regular licenses.
If your client uses your track in 28394 videos which are not for sale, he needs 28394 regular licences.

If your client uses your track in 1 video which is for sale, he needs 1 extended license.
If your client uses your track in 2 videos which are for sale, he needs 2 extended licenses.
If your client uses your track in 28394 videos which are for sale, he needs 28394 extended licences.

But what if his client buys 2 tracks for AND but dollar!

I that case I didn’t even buy 1 dollar! WHY!

;-)

Ok to be serious, I am with Coriiander on this one.

1384 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Reviewer
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+5 more
lucafrancini Reviewer says

If his videos are part of a series, he just need to purchase one single standard license ;)

1990 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Switzerland
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
matsteiner Reviewer says

If his videos are part of a series, he just need to purchase one single standard license ;)

+1
And as long as it’s for promoting something, the video will be viewable for free, which means a standard license is enough. When it’s for a movie or TV documentary or something else where viewers pay somehow to see it, he will need to buy a extended license.

99 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sweden
uppnerupp says

So basically, just so i too understand, a client can buy one license and use it for as many videos as he/she likes, for eternity, just as long as he/she claims that the work is part of a series.

Correct? :-)

5222 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+9 more
KingDog Staff says

From the License FAQ:

Do I need a separate license each time I use an item in a series?

No. You only need to purchase the item once per series.

What constitutes a series (eg TV series, webisodes, or a magazine with monthly editions)?

To be considered a series, all things in the series (eg episode, edition) must be connected, and be released within 1 year of the first instalment. There is also a maximum of 52 episodes or editions within the series.

Example: A 12 episode TV series that starts in December and ends in July would only require a single extended license. A YouTube series that releases an episode every week (52 total) would only need to purchase a regular license once every year. A free magazine that releases an edition every other month would need to purchase a regular license once every year. A paid magazine would need to buy an extended license every year.

373 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
boomopera says

From the License FAQ:

Do I need a separate license each time I use an item in a series?

No. You only need to purchase the item once per series.

What constitutes a series (eg TV series, webisodes, or a magazine with monthly editions)?

To be considered a series, all things in the series (eg episode, edition) must be connected, and be released within 1 year of the first instalment. There is also a maximum of 52 episodes or editions within the series.

Example: A 12 episode TV series that starts in December and ends in July would only require a single extended license. A YouTube series that releases an episode every week (52 total) would only need to purchase a regular license once every year. A free magazine that releases an edition every other month would need to purchase a regular license once every year. A paid magazine would need to buy an extended license every year.

Ok, so lets say they bought the track and used it in a series for a year (which bothers me, I thought they can only use it in a single episode and thats it, new license for another episode etc). They used it for a year and the year has passed, they should purchase the license again right?

by
by
by
by
by
by