• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Germany
+2 more
Creattive says

Hey everyone,

It would be great if there were some abilities to make slight adjustments after submitting an item.

I’ve just submitted an Item and now have seen that the preview-jpeg was in the wrong resolution (thanks to after effects default settings). I now have two options: re-upload everything, re-typing my description, tags etc. or wait until it is hopefully approved, and then change the preview-jpeg, which will take another couple of days since it has to be reviewed again.

Since my Upload is only around 60mb that’s not such a big deal, but if you come close to 500mb, and have to reupload everything just to change the 15kb preview image, that’s a bit inconvenient.

It would be just great if there was the ability, to look at the submitted items in my Hidden-Section of my dashboard, just like it is after a soft rejection.

This would make everything much easier: I could copy the description and tags and resubmit it with the right preview-jpeg, check if all the html codes work properly, see how everything will look after an approval.

A preview-option at the item-submission-page would be great, too.

I guess I’m not the only videohive author who would like to see these options.

Greetings, Tobi

1096 posts inlifethrill
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bulgaria
+5 more
InlifeThrill says

I think you can resubmit new icon without need for additional review.

2046 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Germany
+2 more
Creattive says

At least at the upload page, there it says that everything that’s uploaded needs a review. Of course this review will go faster, but you land in the queue, at first.

322 posts UnitedMotions
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
+3 more
Balistique says

Review not necessary for preview and thumb image. It will be online in a moment after the upload.

• Elite Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Germany
+2 more
Creattive says

Ok, than I’ve interpreted that wrong. Sorry.

Nevertheless, it would be great to have the ability to look at a preview of how the item’s page will look like.

I see many items jumping on the market with 1-2 sentences of description. Then after some hours, the author edits the description, imports screenshots, headings, lists etc.

432 posts butlerm.com
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Beta Tester
+10 more
butlerm says

Nevertheless, it would be great to have the ability to look at a preview of how the item’s page will look like.

I see many items jumping on the market with 1-2 sentences of description. Then after some hours, the author edits the description, imports screenshots, headings, lists etc.

Over the life of your file (lets say just for an example 2 years) having 2 hours out of 2 years where your item description is a little off I believe will be just fine.

1030 posts Massfocus
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Beta Tester
+3 more
Massfocus says

I know there is someone that made a app for that exact reason. Somewhere on the all marketplace section and i know that it was well received but i cant remember the name :(

• Elite Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Germany
+2 more
Creattive says

Over the life of your file (lets say just for an example 2 years) having 2 hours out of 2 years where your item description is a little off I believe will be just fine.

Hi, I have to disagree with you. The most important time of an item is the start, while it’s still on the frontpage. Especially for new authors. In some cases, that’s not even a whole day. Regarding the time the author needs to realize that his item was approved (because of different time zones this may happen while you’re asleep), that could be half of the time your item will be viewed by the most people.

Of course, this is not a problem with top priority. But the ability to preview the item’s page like you can do with your post on many forums should not be too difficult to implement.

It’s just a suggestion and something that I would like to see. Of course I can copy the html code and try it somewhere else etc, but it would be a good feature.

Greetings, Tobi

7186 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
+1 more
doru says

Regarding the time the author needs to realize that his item was approved (because of different time zones this may happen while you’re asleep), that could be half of the time your item will be viewed by the most people.

and that is why, when I upload an item I never sleep and wait on front of the computer till it gets approved. it was hard at first, not sleeping for a couple of days but now is better.

583 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+4 more
flashato says

The most important time…
Is the one you spend on your file in order to make it useful over time.
by
by
by
by
by
by