2154 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
Creattive says

Hey everyone,

It would be great if there were some abilities to make slight adjustments after submitting an item.

I’ve just submitted an Item and now have seen that the preview-jpeg was in the wrong resolution (thanks to after effects default settings). I now have two options: re-upload everything, re-typing my description, tags etc. or wait until it is hopefully approved, and then change the preview-jpeg, which will take another couple of days since it has to be reviewed again.

Since my Upload is only around 60mb that’s not such a big deal, but if you come close to 500mb, and have to reupload everything just to change the 15kb preview image, that’s a bit inconvenient.

It would be just great if there was the ability, to look at the submitted items in my Hidden-Section of my dashboard, just like it is after a soft rejection.

This would make everything much easier: I could copy the description and tags and resubmit it with the right preview-jpeg, check if all the html codes work properly, see how everything will look after an approval.

A preview-option at the item-submission-page would be great, too.

I guess I’m not the only videohive author who would like to see these options.

Greetings, Tobi

1102 posts inlifethrill
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
InlifeThrill says

I think you can resubmit new icon without need for additional review.

+8 more
Creattive says

At least at the upload page, there it says that everything that’s uploaded needs a review. Of course this review will go faster, but you land in the queue, at first.

327 posts UnitedMotions
  • Located in Turkey
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
Balistique says

Review not necessary for preview and thumb image. It will be online in a moment after the upload.

+8 more
Creattive says

Ok, than I’ve interpreted that wrong. Sorry.

Nevertheless, it would be great to have the ability to look at a preview of how the item’s page will look like.

I see many items jumping on the market with 1-2 sentences of description. Then after some hours, the author edits the description, imports screenshots, headings, lists etc.

435 posts butlerm.com
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+14 more
butlerm says

Nevertheless, it would be great to have the ability to look at a preview of how the item’s page will look like.

I see many items jumping on the market with 1-2 sentences of description. Then after some hours, the author edits the description, imports screenshots, headings, lists etc.

Over the life of your file (lets say just for an example 2 years) having 2 hours out of 2 years where your item description is a little off I believe will be just fine.

1036 posts Massfocus
  • Has referred 500+ members
+7 more
Massfocus says

I know there is someone that made a app for that exact reason. Somewhere on the all marketplace section and i know that it was well received but i cant remember the name :(

+8 more
Creattive says

Over the life of your file (lets say just for an example 2 years) having 2 hours out of 2 years where your item description is a little off I believe will be just fine.

Hi, I have to disagree with you. The most important time of an item is the start, while it’s still on the frontpage. Especially for new authors. In some cases, that’s not even a whole day. Regarding the time the author needs to realize that his item was approved (because of different time zones this may happen while you’re asleep), that could be half of the time your item will be viewed by the most people.

Of course, this is not a problem with top priority. But the ability to preview the item’s page like you can do with your post on many forums should not be too difficult to implement.

It’s just a suggestion and something that I would like to see. Of course I can copy the html code and try it somewhere else etc, but it would be a good feature.

Greetings, Tobi

7308 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Regarding the time the author needs to realize that his item was approved (because of different time zones this may happen while you’re asleep), that could be half of the time your item will be viewed by the most people.

and that is why, when I upload an item I never sleep and wait on front of the computer till it gets approved. it was hard at first, not sleeping for a couple of days but now is better.

590 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
flashato says

The most important time…
Is the one you spend on your file in order to make it useful over time.
by
by
by
by
by
by