117 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
kcman0112 says

I have looked to see if I am able to change an old files name that appears in bold Yellow above the sound profile, but I have not had any luck.

would it be beneficial for audiojungle to add the ability for contributors to change their song / music’s original title.

or are we supposed to ask for someone to review the file again to change it?

213 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
vaisnava says

I have just been asking and they seem to respond within a day or two… kinda annoying, but it works.

117 posts
  • United States
kcman0112 says

Thank you for helping me figure out what is the current correct procedure is, I am just now updating all my old files.

172 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
joelfalconer says

@kcman: Just file a support ticket and we’ll get the names changed. The reason we don’t allow authors to change their files the same reason we have a review process: to ensure stringent quality standards. Hope that helps!

117 posts
  • United States
kcman0112 says

I filed a support ticket but I believe the inspector was very confused for some reason i think he /she thought I was someone who was wanting a contributor / author to change their title name of a file. Instead I am the contributor / author I want my file names changed. does this happen often? and how do I go about fixing the rest of my files titles?

Here is the response:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. Sorry, we do not provide support for individual files. You will need to contact the author directly on the individual file page. On each individual item page we provide users with the ability to leave comments and feedback for the author. On this page you are able to also ask the author questions regarding their file. Please advise if you require any further assistance.

Kind Regards, Anis

172 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
joelfalconer says

kcman, either they didn’t read it properly or it wasn’t a clear message, but either way, just reply to them and make it clear that you’re an author who wants to change the name of one of your files.

A sentence or two is best if you can manage it since they’re probably chewing through a whole lot of support tickets and not reading real closely, and if the request isn’t right in front there, it could be hard to determine.

For instance:

“I am the author and I’d like to change the name of my file “XXX” on AudioJungle to “New Name” – thanks.”

3206 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+9 more
ADG3studios Staff says

Yeah sounds like there was a bit of confusion there…

I can’t say this is the official party line, but might be worth consideration..

In the past a number of authors have requested a name change when they send a file upate.. So perhaps the easiest way for the time being is to go to the edit tab on your item’s page and just send an update request with only the name you would like to change to, in the comment field.. that way I or another reviewer could likely get that done more quickly, and not bog down support even still.

I guess staff would have to ok that as an official way of doing it now, but so far it’s been done a few times and seems there were no problems…

117 posts
  • United States
kcman0112 says

Thank you both for bringing me up to speed with Envato policy.

172 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
joelfalconer says

Well, what ADG3 suggests is not Envato’s “party line” but I don’t mind people doing things this way.

by
by
by
by
by
by