PatrickAThompson
PatrickAThompson Recent Posts Threads Started
144 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
PatrickAThompson says

Ok… So, I’ve said this many many times in the AJ Forums – especially when people wonder why their tracks aren’t selling.

Let’s assume that the music is cool and that the track is produced well and sounds great… Even then, not all tracks will sell.

My mantra that I keep repeating is “you can’t sell it if you don’t write it”..

(This is the encouraging part)

I’ve had a track on here which went completely untouched, unloved, and unsold for about 2 months… and today… BAM ! Extended license.

I don’t say this to brag – but more so to prove my point. It will happen for you… Just be patient and keep doing your thing!

Best of luck!

922 posts Go Acoustic!
    Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
jhunger says

It will happen for you… Just be patient and keep doing your thing!

Probably the best advice you can give for this stock music gig.

Congratulations on the extended sale!

PatrickAThompson
PatrickAThompson Recent Posts Threads Started
144 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
PatrickAThompson says

And to go even further – someone just bought a normal license for the same track…

Weird.

1548 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+4 more
SoundFix says

Great advice dude, it’s been annoying me that my latest track still hasn’t sold once, but I guess it will at some point, I’ll just keep writing new stuff :D

572 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
tacoMusic says

Something to also keep in mind is that not all tracks fit a purpose at the time of release i.e. people bookmark tracks they like, share them with colleagues etc. which I think is why things like extended licences seemingly pop up out of the blue as customers keep the tracks they like ‘on file’ until they find a use for them.

I’m pretty sure that happened to me last month a couple of times as I got a couple of extended licences. Ultimately, I think it’s about improving your craft (whether for personal or commercial reasons), as in the long run you’ll form your own sound that is unique which will help sales as well.

335 posts
    Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
MeGustaMusic says

That is a great advice, and just happened to me after reading your thread. When someone compared AJ with a Marathon was 100% right.

thesensercomplex
thesensercomplex Recent Posts Threads Started
486 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
thesensercomplex says

Congrats. I have many of the same story too. You just can never tell when a track is going to sell. My most beloved tracks are the ones that don’t sell much, but when they do, make you realize that the track did have purpose after all. Thanks for the reminder to keep the faith. Cheers!

657 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Contributed a free file of the month Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
Blinn says

There’s a taste for everyone and there’s always someone out there who might go the extra mile for even the least known items.

by
by
by
by
by
by