• Elite Author
  • France
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
Pixelworkshop says

Hi there, I just found a JS library to make IE behave like modern browsers, here’s the page and also the Google code page

Did you already try this ? I was just wondering if it could “magically” solve all (or almost all) bugs and issues with IE…

2529 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Blog Editor
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+6 more
JeffreyWay says

It doesn’t solve everything, but it does allow you to use things like advanced selectors in your CSS . Just remember that this is dependent upon JavaScript being enabled. :)

174 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
nedalm1 says

IE 6 (and IE 7 sometimes) will never be modern browsers. I am trying to fix bugs when coding a web site for IE 6 , but not for too long. For one or two year (hopefully) only 5-10% of internet users will still use IE 6 . The technology is moving on, there won’t be IE6 forever. ;)

42 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Indonesia
islammunity says

why there are few people whose still using IE 6 and 7? though there are many modern browser and absolutely free for download…. like firefox, flock, chrome, opera, safari.
And as designer, why you get work hard to fix your design for ie6 and 7? I confuse, and frustrated

688 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Uruguay
_rg_ says
why there are few people whose still using IE 6 and 7? though there are many modern browser and absolutely free for download…. like firefox, flock, chrome, opera, safari.
And as designer, why you get work hard to fix your design for ie6 and 7? I confuse, and frustrated

Simple, because many clients ask for IE6 -7 compatible sites. Even you explain to them ie6 is old, they want it. So, we do it. Also are many users that still using this old browsers, and many of them are not gurus with computers, so, they use what the os has. There are many win users, and they use the ie because is there. They don´t care or they even don´t know or trust in some other thing.

Is frustrated? Yes it is, for sure.

But, if you do a vaid css and use a good reset, then the ie fixes are not a big deal.

I don´t use any js to fix that, in reality doesn´t work as expected…. unless for me.

2323 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+1 more
CreativeMilk says

If you know how to code a site you dont need an script ;)

962 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
webdesigndeluxe says

Guys I feel that we can’t be wasting our valuable time creating these complex scripts to fix IE6 bugs and spend more time putting our code to real use making something awesome :)

But really, if we continue to support these crappy browsers, then people won’t even bother upgrading because it looks fine to them. Am I making since? If we make our sites, and code and test them in everything exect IE (okay maybe IE in general is pushing it) but IE6 , then people will realize “Oh, this browser sucks, time to upgrade to Chrome!”. Then everyone is happy.

83 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Bruno_V says
But really, if we continue to support these crappy browsers, then people won’t even bother upgrading because it looks fine to them. Am I making since? If we make our sites, and code and test them in everything exect IE (okay maybe IE in general is pushing it) but IE6 , then people will realize “Oh, this browser sucks, time to upgrade to Chrome!”. Then everyone is happy.

Couldn’t say it better ;)

1036 posts
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • France
+4 more
Pixelworkshop says

Of course I understand, really if I could I would stop but sometimes, as developers, we don’t have the choice. Anyway this has been discussed a lot of times in this forum, I just wanted to talk about possibilities to fix bugs in IE, not start a thread about supporting IE or not, it’s a personal choice after all :)

1036 posts
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • France
+4 more
Pixelworkshop says
If you know how to code a site you dont need an script ;)

Right ! But it happens sometimes I feel like blind, I cannot find where the problem comes from and I’m still learning :)

by
by
by
by
by
by