75 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
lion-audio says

Hi everyone,

If you would produce a track that you are going to upload to AJ, can you detach some parts/pieces and make a logo out of it – then upload both? sometimes i think while making a track this would be a good idea (depending on the track, of course). anybody did that already or did i just oversee some rules about it?

thanks, alex

1560 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+4 more
SoundFix says

Yes you can do that but only if you upload them as part of the same file and show both versions in the preview. In the description you write something like:

Included in the download -

Lion Audio track

Lion Audio track (logo version)

Hope that makes sense :)

12 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Portugal
Andrew_Parish says

Soundfix, if one does that, the upload will not be featured in the logos category, right?

Yes you can do that but only if you upload them as part of the same file and show both versions in the preview. In the description you write something like:

Included in the download -

Lion Audio track

Lion Audio track (logo version)

Hope that makes sense :)
1560 posts
+4 more
SoundFix says

That is true, but I’m not sure how else you could go about it as you can’t upload variations of the same track in different categories.

75 posts
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
lion-audio says

actually thats what i meant, Andrew. I understand what Sondfix said, but let me rephrase: If, during a production, you would “extract” a short phrase/part that might aswell be a base for a good logo/reveal sound, you’d make a new project out of it, add and delete stuff, change tempo etc. you would have a new sound, still with resemblance to the other though, and put into logos-category. this way you would kill two birds with one stone (if thats the right saying). is it allowed or, as Soundfix said, just within the main .zip??

1560 posts
+4 more
SoundFix says

Well I guess it all depends on how different it is from the original; if people hear them and automatically know they’re from the same musical idea then maybe there would be a problem, I’m not really sure.

I will flag for staff reply so you can get a definite answer :)

1418 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
UJ-pro says

Good question. Both is conceivable.

What I think and feel about it is, that parts of a project should be in the Item-Zip where it comes from. That’s also making the Item more attractive. I think this is what you should do, when you think a few seconds of the track sounds interesting standing alone.

Or you really should make something new out of it which don’t belongs to the main track anymore.

Another idea would be the possibility to put the parts of a Main Track with a pre-assembled setting like All Files / Music / Music Packs / Music Parts / .... where you put it into “Music Parts” and set a link to the original. There the author can buy the short version cheaper, when he only needs the part. And you can do more sales in case that the original Item would be to expensive.

2660 posts Community Team
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+19 more
contrastblack Envato team says

Hi guys, I`ve forwarded the question and you should be getting a reply sooner than later :)

Thank you for your patience.

3221 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+14 more
ADG3studios Envato team says

Well I guess it all depends on how different it is from the original; if people hear them and automatically know they’re from the same musical idea then maybe there would be a problem.

Sam is correct. If it’s immediately identifiable as being a variation, then it has to be bundled with the music item.

If, however, the arrangement is completely transformed, especially any melodic passages, to where it could be construed as an entirely different work, then it could arguably be accepted individually as a logo item alone.

75 posts
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
lion-audio says

thank you all for clarifying this!

by
by
by
by