• Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
doru says

Agreed! Until one day competition arrives and it always does.
Competition already arrived, i cant say theirs name, but they are a very [name removed] ;)

can you send me the link?

5542 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Everyone starts with the mission of ‘creative’ and day by day go towards cra…

1216 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Slovenia
Anps says

Very interesting, like competition arrives on themeforest so other marketplaces are rising. Envato wake up, the critical mass effect does not apply on this kind of business.

1657 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Europe
+2 more
flashedge says

Ok, this is just an idea merged from a bad sleepy night, but…
What about if Envato is growing hugely and quickly in term of files and users (bundles brings a big bunch of new them) for an upcoming BIG sale? fishy thinking! :P
Ya, my joke was already written on the first page. But I’m pretty sure we’ll get there.
3156 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+2 more
ToivoMedia says

Everyone starts with the mission of ‘creative’ and day by day go towards cra…

Crazy? Crap? Cranky? What do they go towards?

2255 posts Small, but tough
  • Elite Author
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says

I dont know about bundles, but if envato doesnt do something really quick about some major issues stated here (first what comes to my mind is search engine, video rollovers @ videohive,... Etc) competition might crash them at some point. I hope they’re aware of that. Imho, often bundles arent helping either.

2211 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
+4 more
crozer says

I just want to add a little comment, in hopes of helping Envato understand the underlying problem here. It must be tough going through all these comments and grasping the source issue. I’ll try to summarize it in one sentence.

You are prioritizing things (read features, visual changes, bundles, etc.) over requests that we, as authors, consider essential to the positive growth of the marketplace(s).

Instead of the 50+ design-related changes you have done in the past 3 years, you could have improved the rating system. Instead of the useless bar to my left, you could have put the reply-button on the comments-section under each reply. Instead of adding the “Upload item” feature to our dashboards (which, I am sorry, but I find completely senseless), you could have simply enabled us to see all of our followers, you could have dedicated 3 months to producing a good searching-system, shopping carts, a way for authors to communicate with buyers anonymously, and oh so much more.

Guys, it’s not about throwing rocks at you, but you keep doing struff that we (or at least I) can’t really comprehend. We have asked for features that are simply essential, necessary to the marketplaces, and we have received exactly the opposite (with some exceptions of course). I stood behind your back when the requests were 1, 3, 4, 5 months old.. but it’s been 3 years! The Envato marketplaces have always been strong because of their strong relationship with the community. If you decide that adding, for example, a “Upload item” feature to the author dashboard will enhance the author’s UX, then tell us why, talk to us.

181 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Lithuania
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
MRMdesigns says

^ +1000000000 I haven’t read the whole thread, but I completely agree with crozer.

964 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
purethemes says

I just want to add a little comment, in hopes of helping Envato understand the underlying problem here. It must be tough going through all these comments and grasping the source issue. I’ll try to summarize it in one sentence.

You are prioritizing things (read features, visual changes, bundles, etc.) over requests that we, as authors, consider essential to the positive growth of the marketplace(s).

(...)

Guys, it’s not about throwing rocks at you, but you keep doing struff that we (or at least I) can’t really comprehend.
Someone should print it and hang in Collis’ office.
1238 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Forum Superstar
graphic4444 says

+1 crozer

Suggestion for Envato: hold surveys at least twice a year, short ones, that ask authors about features they most think would help the marketplace, for everyone (and same, for buyers), then take action on Those top 2-3 requests from buyers/sellers alike. Surveys and followup are essential for top sales.

by
by
by
by
by
by