ShdwsClldWithPpl
ShdwsClldWithPpl Recent Posts Threads Started
15 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
ShdwsClldWithPpl says

I’ve submitted 3 files in the passed few days and the first was up there for the normal time, the second was blasted out after awhile by the masses of SFX and thank god the third was accepted after that happened. I also agree with some sort of separation of walls or something. That way you can upload all the SFX you want and then all those sounds will be competing and than all the music will be competing against each other. I know theres obviously creativity being put into SFX but when your heart felt 1,2,3,4 minute masterpiece is blown out of recent files by a series of half to 2 second blips, clicks and bleeps, it can be discouraging. That said, to not offend anyone, I have nothing against anyone making as many SFX as they possibly can. A good thread and I thought I’d put my two cents in as well.

688 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
robGD says

I’ve mentioned this before and it’s my only real issue with AJ. Everything else is great. I’m sitting on the edge of the queue right now and I know that there are tons behind me and most of them are sfx. This latest track of mine will probably see the front page for a few hours today before it gets cleared out. I think a new release wall for sfx and music separate would be neat.

2715 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Switzerland
+7 more
DanielKeller says
I’m sitting on the edge of the queue right now and I know that there are tons behind me and most of them are sfx.

hey Rob, the SFX queue and Music queue is seperated… just to let you know, it sounds like you think its in the same queue

688 posts
+4 more
robGD says

1st out of 17 in Music. 19th out of 41 on AudioJungle.

That looks to me like I’m next in the queue and there are 41 items total. Either way, as they get looked at and added my track probably won’t last out the day. :(

That’s Ok though. I’d rather figure out how to promote my stuff and get those tasty referral deals. As soon as I do I’ll be stoked. ;)

877 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
AndySlatter Envato team says
how about splitting the wall one row for SFX only the remaining two for music

I agree, this idea would be very helpful.

4247 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says
how about splitting the wall one row for SFX only the remaining two for music
I agree, this idea would be very helpful.

Wouldn’t it be a more logical thing to do if you made two separate Recent Items sections. One section would be for the most recent of sound effects, and the other section would be for the most recent of tracks and loops? Its not always a sure thing that there will be a consistent amount of sound effects to display for the amount of time there are loops and tracks displayed, especially since they are unpredictable in how they are uploaded, reviewed and approved. It means there are always different amounts of the two types of audio files being approved and displayed at once. How exactly would you regulate the exposure time for each section if they were part of the same section. Granted they are split into rows, but they would still share the same section. That would mean that the exposure time for every item in all three of those rows would be affected by each new individual upload. So by making two separated sections you could then better regulate the exposure time of both audio types, the loops/tracks and the sfx.

2708 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
scottwills Envato team says

Hey guys, I totally agree that there’s room for improvement. :-) My hands are tied right now however because any major development work to the current site is halted while the dev team finish up with the redesign. I can assure you however that your comments have been noted and it will be discussed. :)

Look Beyond Recent Items on the Home Page

As an aside however, I encourage everyone to not get too hung up on the home page as far as file promotion is concerned. I know for a fact that regular customers coming to AudioJungle find new music here (a) through the search engine and (b) through the top level category pages where all new items are listed chronologically. Of course the home page is important, but it’s a bit of a myth that the home page on AudioJungle (or any other marketplace) is where customers go to or “hang out” to find and buy music/files they want.

Think about your customers. When they come to this site to find audio, they will of course see the recent items, but when they come here, most will have an idea of what they are looking for. So more likely than not, they will search on specific keywords in the search field. This is why it is incredibly important that your files are tagged well. If your files are not tagged effectively, you are missing out on a lot of potential sales.

Marketing

I also encourage all authors to market themselves and their AudioJungle portfolios as much as possible. Don’t think that uploading a file to AudioJungle is the end of the marketing process. It’s just the start. To be successful at selling stock, you must market, market, market! :) Most people don’t do it because it involves extra work, but as with most things, that extra work always pays off.

Let me give you some ideas and suggestions what you can do, but note that this is not a golden formula by any means, and you could probably come up with 100s of more/better ideas.

• Create your own Web site. Link to your AJ portfolio from your own site. Add your referral codes to all links.
  • Use your Facebook account to talk about your audio.
  • Promote your AudioJungle RSS feed (every author has one) and get people to sign up to it so they will be notified when your new audio is released.
  • Use your Twitter account to tell the world about your new audio.
  • There are a billion other social networking sites out there. Use them to promote your audio!
  • Create a blog and write about any exciting audio projects you are involved with.
  • Something as simple as adding your AudioJungle portfolio URL at the bottom of all your e-mails is positive marketing. Don’t underestimate seemingly small details like this! :)
  • Use your AudioJungle portfolio URL as a signature on any music production forums you’re involved with.

I’m really just scratching the surface here of all the things you can do. Use your creativity and always remember to market your work. While it’s awesome to get on the home page, I honestly think you’re putting all your eggs in one basket if you think it’s the only way to sell files. I can assure you, it’s not. And I hate to say this, but, envato is approaching a quarter of a million members. As we get more and more authors uploading content, time spent on the home page is going to get shorter and shorter… Which is why you should not entirely rely on the home page to sell your files.

While I encourage you to be responsible for your own marketing, I would also like to point out there are lots of things going on behind the scenes right now that tie into AudioJungle marketing. I’m not going anywhere until they’re released so please stick around. I think there are some good times ahead of us. :-)

by
by
by
by
by
by