67 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
DokZayas says

Hey folks. We won’t call this a complaint at all, because it’s not, but I’ve got an idea to toss onto the table regarding the New Release Wall.

Here’s how it started: I woke up this morning about 8 hours ago to find that some time during my 5 hours of sleep my new song had been approved for sale. Great! It’s a wonderful feeling seeing your new baby sitting there on the New Release Wall for all to play without any searching of any kind. I signed on again just now to find that my file has already disappeared from the wall…. sigh. That’s a record quickie for me. It’s a little disappointing for one reason only – the wall was pounded pretty hard by SFX files. I have nothing against SFX files whatsoever, but I think it’s a little unfair for one or two artists to consume all that real-estate with files of this type. I laboured for a long time over my file, and in all honesty, just a little more time on the wall would have been nice. I propose that any time an artist uploads a great whomping load of effects files, perhaps only two or three are showcased. Besides “spreading the love” a tad, it will also ensure that new customers understand that we have a wide varitey of files being offered for sale by a wide variety of producers. Just a suggestion, and I don’t wish to raise any hackles with this post.

Any thoughts? Has anyone else experienced the same sort of thing?

Let’s chat! :)

Good lord… I almost forgot my shamless plug!!

Link Removed

315 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
brandtz says

Hi & welcome DokZayas

Can only agree, my personal opinion is that sfx should be uploaded in packages with a least 8 or more in it …

That way the general view would be a lot better for buyers and the wall wouldn’t be flooded … with rows of tic, tac, crash & bang …

I have suggested this before ..

As I see it it should be implemented yesterday ;)

You don’t raise any hackles with your post at all, all suggestions, opinions are very welcome here …

All the best!

315 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
brandtz says

... I am aware that some buyers only need maybe one little blip or similar, but …. well, the prices for a package is very fair here, so …...

For the contributers it would also be easier to maintain & update their portfolio in the long run … And the machine behind the curtain wouldn’t have to deal with so many files ..

346 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
musicformedia says

Yea I agree with whats being said here. People upload 40 sound effects in seperate files sometimes and it just makes the whole new release wall full of all those sound effects and nothing more – seems pointless and unfair really

12 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Soundsfromearth says

how about splitting the wall

one row for SFX only the remaining two for music

67 posts
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
DokZayas says
how about splitting the wall one row for SFX only the remaining two for music

You might be on to something there, my friend. Anyone else have any input? Perhaps a mod/admin?

Well, back to work (the REAL job… ugh).

4909 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

I like the idea of multiple rows. It has come up before. I don’t think it should be split based on a specific category, but by just having more rows, would support a longer lifespan because more items would fit on each page.

I will pass the suggestion along.

20 posts
  • Located in Austria
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
ma9sharp11 says

Here’s another suggestion:

How about a track limit? Only 2 or 3 tracks per producer are simultaneously displayed on the wall.

In case somebody submits more tracks those get put into rotation and this way a bigger variety of producers gets featured on the homepage.

67 posts
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
DokZayas says

Perhaps there is a workable way to combine both Soundsfromearth’s split columns idea and ma9sharp11’s (henceforth to be referred to as “Chord” ;) ) ideas would suffice in helping to improve the New Release Wall?

I honestly believe that either proposal, or perhaps better yet, an amalgamation of both ideas, would vastly improve the home page’s effectiveness and consumer-appeal.

Thanks for posting up here, guys. We’re a great community, but all too quiet when it comes to these forums. lol

I’m definitely interested in hearing the opinions of other producers, however. The more the merrier!

70 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
tomh says

Great ideas, Soundsfromearth and ma9sharp11. I’d like to see this too. Most of the sales I get are due to my newest tracks being on the wall at the right time.

by
by
by
by
by
by