715 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
majd_abdul says

About two weeks ago I stumbled upon an offer to try the MMORPG World of Warcraft for 10 days.

I’ve been a gamer since the nintendo days and I know great gameplay design when I see it. I’m also a fan of the Warcraft lore and story, so I decided to try it out.

From the moment I started playing I wondered what made this game so special and why are +11 million people playing it?

In terms of gameplay there was nothing that required any motoric skills or much thinking. All I did was fetch X ammount of Y item or Kill X Number of Y creature, still I kept playing this thing.

I’d spend ALL of my free time in the game world, and each time I logged off to work on my FlashDen files I’d get stuck on a tiny scripting issue and find myself back in the game.

At last, the trial period ended yesterday. Right now I’m literally itching to open a new trial account, but I’m grateful it’s over. Tomorrow I’ll take a hike to the mountain. Hope it clears the poison out of me.

Looking back I feel like I’ve lost 10 days of my life and achieved absolutely nothing.

1955 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
Emroni says

I know exactly how you feel! I was a wow player myself, for a few months. Got to lvl 70, and thats where the fun actually began. It was pretty cool to play and all, but in the end, I hadnt achieved anyting.. I decided to stop playing, and have been clean for 2-3 months now :) Better yet, Ive made a shitload of money after I quit, since I had a lot more free time to do freelance :P

1246 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Greece
+4 more
zefs says

WoW has become a fashion. That’s why so many people are playing that “game”.

1234 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
MBMedia says

I’ve stayed away from WoW for the same reason I’ve stayed away from cocaine, I would like it way too much. If I just make sure I never try it, I’ll never know what I’m missing :)

1092 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Located in Netherlands
+7 more
Reconcept says
Looking back I feel like I’ve lost 10 days of my life and achieved absolutely nothing.

Lol :D

I don’t get it either. I’ve never tried it myself. I’m not much of a gamer: don’t have the patience :P I rather go and produce some Flash(Den) files.

3868 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+9 more
flashjunkie says

i know someone who made a helllllllll of a lot of money on there, he had a way of leveling up a character to lvl 70 in about 10 days, he then sold these characters for anywhere between 200-300 quid online. however he was shut down and almost prosecuted lol.

715 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
majd_abdul says
i know someone who made a helllllllll of a lot of money on there, he had a way of leveling up a character to lvl 70 in about 10 days, he then sold these characters for anywhere between 200-300 quid online. however he was shut down and almost prosecuted lol.

Yeah, it’s an industry in china. And I respect those who level up accounts to provide for their families. It’s just a job.

8251 posts Community Moderator
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says
I’ve stayed away from WoW for the same reason I’ve stayed away from cocaine, I would like it way too much. If I just make sure I never try it, I’ll never know what I’m missing :)

lol but aren’t you tempted :P

1234 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+5 more
MBMedia says
lol but aren’t you tempted :P

Every damn day ;)

723 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+4 more
BigZ says

I never understood things like WoW. No skill, doing the same things over and over again, too much patience. I never played it and never attracted to play it.

What makes it so many people wanting to play on and on?? And what about those online funeral things in WoW, I think that’s really crazy…

by
by
by
by
by
by