1844 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
gballx says

This probably has been featured in the forum before but is there a need or likelihood of a Commercial / Advertising category. Is there a need by other authors because I would like to see one – but obviously if there is no demand I shall try and place the track in an appropriate or as the reviewer may suggest an inappropriate category!

Sorry just noticed the spelling in the header!

kristopherfisheraudio
kristopherfisheraudio Recent Posts Threads Started
504 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United Kingdom
kristopherfisheraudio says

I’d imagine there is a large need for music for advertising, after-all that’s what we are composing for right? The issue is – How do you define what is and what is not ‘advert/commercial’ content, music on adverts vary hugely depending on the visual content.

For example, an Apple advert might use something from the ‘corporate’ section with keywords such as ukulele, clapping, and glock’s. But an advert for some epic medieval advert would use something from the ‘cinematic’ section.

If you create a category called ‘adverts/commercial’ you might as well just combine all the music on AJ into one.

1844 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
gballx says

Thats true but I was thinking more of the 30 or 60 second specific area. Of course any track can be used for the visual but I was thinking of tracks written for the 30 / 60 second advertising bracket. I suppose just like jingle writing or logos and idents.

923 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Russian Federation
  • Exclusive Author
permian says

As I understand, people put such things into “Corporate” category.

1844 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
gballx says

As I understand, people put such things into “Corporate” category.

Thank you for that – I was not sure! :)

923 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Russian Federation
  • Exclusive Author
permian says

You’re welcome :)

6 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
sonicjar says

I think Advert/corporate etc categories, can be little confusing for the end user/buyer. Though a certain – inspirational, positive, happy kind of music works for these categories, but branding a music as a corporate or advert can be misleading misleading and does not convey right information which buyer is looking for.

I think music should be best categorized by the mood it conveys and then the genre. I like the way allmusic categorizes music with mood. That can help the buyer figure out correctly whats the best music in that particular mood, that will go with their presentation or ad.

for e.g : Acoustic music can be sad, happy, dreamy. but normally when then ad agencies are looking for music, they would like to search for happy music and then some people have in mind the kind of genre they want to go with. Acoustic or Hip-hop or whatever. what do you think?

599 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
TortoiseTree says

Thats true but I was thinking more of the 30 or 60 second specific area. Of course any track can be used for the visual but I was thinking of tracks written for the 30 / 60 second advertising bracket. I suppose just like jingle writing or logos and idents.

+1. Great idea man. There really should be a 30 sec and 60 sec (20 sec for radio too) section. I’ve seen it in other sites and to be honest, making the music fit in the time frame does require the extra effort and it is so useful for TV and radio so really we should have that as a subsection!

1844 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
gballx says

Thanks TortoiseTree – I thought I was going a little mad thinking about this! I completely agree with the others that any track can be used for a commercial but sometimes having something a little more bespoke may assist the editor?

by
by
by
by
by
by