1028 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
simaudio says

@ Simaudio Thanks a lot for sharing this mate!Help me out with this one then :

I prepared something to upload around wednesday (calculated the days so it gets on AJ on a Monday :) ). The zip file contains the following: 2 main tracks (different from eachother of course) and 5 smaller tracks. These 5 smaller tracks, I don’t know if they can be considered variations cause they are just some logos. The only similarity with the main tracks is that they are played with the same instrument. So, will it be considered as a sound pack? In my opinion they aren’t variations so even if I have 7 files in the zip, it shouldn’t get the soft rejection you were talking about.

Thanks for your opinion

I’m not a reviewer but the way I see it is; if you uploaded zip as a music file then you are only allowed five versions. If you uploaded a zip as sounds then you are allowed up to fifty sounds to be included in a sound pack (this means sound effects not music)

With a bit of luck some will clarify this but I’m pretty sure that’s how it is.

30 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
HarryAndre says

Cool! Thanks for that JumaStudios!

TortoiseTree, I 100% agree with you.

I think putting variations in makes the track more attractive to the buyer and hence should mean it is rewarded with more sales (which I would rather than it being valued at a slightly higher price but only selling once)

That’s the next step, I think. Adding variations and looped tracks. Though, I have a question about looped audio. It’s probably obvious, but looped audio means you can press repeat and hear the track again and again without noticing that it stops and starts again, right?

276 posts
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
JumaStudios says

@Harrycane Yup. Someone can just ’’glue’’ together the track several times and out of 1 minute lets say, he can multiply and make it as much as he needs.

866 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
+2 more
MichalskiMusic says

The zip file contains the following: 2 main tracks (different from eachother of course) and 5 smaller tracks. These 5 smaller tracks, I don’t know if they can be considered variations cause they are just some logos. The only similarity with the main tracks is that they are played with the same instrument. So, will it be considered as a sound pack?

I think you are going to get soft rejected on two counts. First, only five files total are allowed from my reading of the requirements. In addition, all the variations must be direct derivatives of the main file. From what you describe, this is not the case with the additional logos.

In addition, it cannot be considered a Pack unless all the tracks already exist separately on Audiojungle. So it would not count as a pack, either.

I just submitted a track yesterday with a main file, short version, loop and logo. Sounds like this might be what buyers want…at least the buyer in the OP. Great topic! Thanks for sharing, all!

2 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
gossen says

Indeed a great topic. Thanks for all the info, and @Joonique, thanks for clarifying! Much appreciated.

6 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Alchemix says

It would be good if we can set the option that makes buyer could choose buy out the track for high price.

276 posts
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+4 more
JumaStudios says

Indeed this turned out to be such a full of great information thread. And I started it just to share some recent knowledge received from a buyer :)

@MichalskiMusic I would really keep these 7 tracks I have together. Because they would work very nicely specially for a Vgame production. There is a winning logo, loosing, some running out of time tune, 2 main tracks very easily usable for credits or start…So you suggest I should upload everything separately and then upload it as a pack? Or should I just give up 2 logos, create the zip with only 5 tracks and the remaining 2 upload them separately and make a refference to them in the description maybe…Decisions decisions :)

3221 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+14 more
ADG3studios Envato team says

Indeed this turned out to be such a full of great information thread. And I started it just to share some recent knowledge received from a buyer :) @MichalskiMusic I would really keep these 7 tracks I have together. Because they would work very nicely specially for a Vgame production. There is a winning logo, loosing, some running out of time tune, 2 main tracks very easily usable for credits or start…So you suggest I should upload everything separately and then upload it as a pack? Or should I just give up 2 logos, create the zip with only 5 tracks and the remaining 2 upload them separately and make a refference to them in the description maybe…Decisions decisions :)

Yes, the only option in this case is to submit the zip with up to 5 variations (main file + 4 versions max), and then upload other sound effects or thematically unrelated logos separately, and cross-reference them in the descriptions.

Hope that helps. :)

QAudioProductions
QAudioProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
36 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in Europe
QAudioProductions says

Hi folks, indeed it`s an interesting topic. In the pro or exclusive production music market it quite normal to produce a main track with variations, 30 sec and 15 sec versions and it`s nice for a cutter. Anyway, an experienced cutter will cut the track like he needs it. It`s maybe more smart to produce a main version with different options for the cutter to make something out of it. It`s simply not good to offer a whole package, with track edits, for 14 bugs. That really ruins even more the market prices but it`s my personal opinion.

1028 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
simaudio says

Indeed this turned out to be such a full of great information thread. And I started it just to share some recent knowledge received from a buyer :) @MichalskiMusic I would really keep these 7 tracks I have together. Because they would work very nicely specially for a Vgame production. There is a winning logo, loosing, some running out of time tune, 2 main tracks very easily usable for credits or start…So you suggest I should upload everything separately and then upload it as a pack? Or should I just give up 2 logos, create the zip with only 5 tracks and the remaining 2 upload them separately and make a refference to them in the description maybe…Decisions decisions :)

Yes, the only option in this case is to submit the zip with up to 5 variations (main file + 4 versions max), and then upload other sound effects or thematically unrelated logos separately, and cross-reference them in the descriptions.

Hope that helps. :)

Thanks for the info Adrien :)

by
by
by
by
by
by