844 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
PhilLarson says

Not too long ago I was a youth pastor. Here’s a series of 8 texts I received from a former youth student of mine last night at 4 am. Stuff like this keep me going. Hope you are able to find some encouragement in it and maybe restore some faith in humanity. This student just turned 18. He’s had a horrible family life, but has something wonderful about life figured out.

The texts:

“I know it’s early but I want to share my night at work with you, and while I was doing it I was thinking about how much you and Kylee are a blessing to my life and how many great things I appreciate that you would never have had to do and I love both of you like family I’ve never had, so here’s my night as I closed my shift at work. Some old man came up to my window crying, so I asked him if he was alright. He said his granddaughter was being flown to Indy. She was in a bad wreck and she wasn’t likely to make it so he gave me $5 and said this is our last money, give me gas on pump 7, we’re gonna at least try to make it. I said, can do. I put in $25 and closed my shift and started to leave as I was walking to the store the man called me over and said the pump gave him too much. I said I put in 20 extra, I hope you make it and I’ll pray for you and your family. The man grabbed me, cried on my shoulder, called me a blessing… and I’m just thinking like if I didn’t give him that money, he wouldn’t have made it to his granddaughter. He would have lived his life not seeing his granddaughter again.”

Please pray for this man and for a good outcome with his granddaughter. I showed my wife Kylee the texts and she said she had recently given this kid $20. This is how he paid it forward.

387 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Located in Poland
+3 more
DamianN says

Well, now I’m going to give away my money to my friends, maybe they can make it more useful :D Amazing story! I thought this only happens in the movies ;) A pity that we will not know how it will end… [[ I would say a few more words but I don’t know how to express it in English :D ]]

139 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
SERFmusic says

Awesome story Phil

911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
Carmen says

That’s a beautiful story Phil, made me feel a bit teary. :)

75 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
taperecorder says

This is really a very touching story, Phil. It compelled me to be thoughtful. It caused a kind-hearted smile.

263 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
W3llm4n says

Phil.. I just wanna say thanks for sharing this with us…WoW! What a great way to start a day!

by
by
by
by
by
by