3012 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
TNL3542 says

hey everybody ive been a member of activeden for awhile.. im just woundering what kind of music did you like back in the older days like 80’s going into the 90’s.. me i went to high school from 1989-1993.. so i grew up loving rock music. who was your favorite band back then.. i have several.

2704 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
scottwills Envato team says

I grew up listening to 80s music so I’m particularly fond of it. :) The 80s was a fantastic era for pop music (which is one of my favorite genres of all-time) – it’s a shame that we no longer see/hear so many simple pop songs that concentrate on melody and lyrics. If I had to choose just one band that epitomizes extraordinary pop music and 80s culture in general, I’d probably have to go with A-Ha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvkdYr54f0Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EXxMlIExpo

As for the 1990s, I got heavily into hardcore/rave/jungle music. I spent all my pocket money on a lot of vinyl records! Here’s a couple of my personal favorites from the early 90s:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2eko6Ix-Sc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyowsBWbAm8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixL_jmGRDXY

Ah, happy days! ;-)

37 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
vftek says

I was only born in the 80’s but that’s not to say I didn’t appreciate the music that was being made by the end of that decade. As far as music goes, I didn’t have any real taste back then (for obvious reasons) but tracks that take me back to my green corduroy trouser wearing days were the likes of A-Ha take on me, Duran Duran- Wild boys Tears for Fears – Shout Mr Mr – Broken Wings (probably called something else just cant think of the title) New order – blue monday (probably 90’s) Peter gabriel – Sledge Hammer

There’s too many to add here!

As far as the 90’s went, just like Scott, I got into rave and hardcore. Anything by the prodigy made me run around the house like a lunatic kicking and punching any inanimate object that was directly in front of me. some of my fav’s from back then were

Liquid- Sweet Harmony Bizarre Inc – Playing with knives Legend B – lost in love Anything by cosmic baby

But the track that made me realise that Dance music was indeed going to be the genre of music I was going to listen to for the rest of my life was Santransisco by Punchunella. I was only 7 or 8 at the time it was released. :D

135 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
biala says

QUEEN ,
Michael Jackson,
Prince,
King Diamond :)

120 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+1 more
MusicToSuit says

The music from the eighties was awesome , there were so many great artist/songs !

Take On Me -AHA , was the first vinyl single I ever bought (it was 1985 , I was 13 years old). The guys from AHA are still making great music !

Some Songfacts about Take On Me

I will only name a few of my favorite bands/artists from the eighties :

Genesis/Phil Collins AHA Simple Minds Toto Foreigner Tears For Fears Vangelis Jan Hammer Wax Billy Ocean Mister Mister Duran Duran Spandau Ballet Bryan Adams Talk Talk Lionel Richie Starship

............. My list could go on and on.

112 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
FHR says

Oh, my list of pop music 80-90’s is very long too!
This great time is connected with interesting memories and famous names.
Alison Moyet – Bronski Beat -John Farnham – Maxi Priest – Joe Esposito –
La Tour – F.R. David – Far Corporation – Bryan Ferry – George Michael – Imagination -
Johnny Hates Jazz – Matia Bazar – Maywood – Secret Service …and many many more!

And when i found 50 CD “I love disco dimonds” my life had become more sunny! :-)

3012 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
TNL3542 says

thanks for your feed back everybody.. i still listen to a lot of 80’s music while im at work.. i mean i like rap and hip-hop but i dont think anything can replace.. the music of like gun-n-roses, posion,def leppard etc

735 posts Plastic it's fantastic:))
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
plastic3 says

My favorite artists also from 80s – Phil Collins (“Genesis”), Depeche Mode, A-Ha…Great time, great music…:)

9 posts
  • Located in Europe
Dragon60 says

The 80´s were those years when I played with some friends in a Band called “The Affair” heavily influenced by Duran Duran, ABC , Spandau Ballet and all these great bands and artists of these days. I saw some great live acts such as Manfred Man´s Earth Band, Thin Lizzy, Graham Parker and the Rumour, Billy Idol, Journey and a lot more. It was the the time when music was played and not constructed.

735 posts Plastic it's fantastic:))
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
plastic3 says

Duran Duran…How i could to forget them?:)))

by
by
by
by
by
by