496 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
JType says
In the time it’s taken you to imitate another with a computer, they’ve moved on, written another original song. Google ‘Art Replica’ and find hundreds who can recreate history. There is a clear and obvious difference and a real appreciation for the original work. Why not try and make history with something different?

I disagree.. By the time an instrumental musician has got his guitar/drums set up, in tune, mic’d up, sound checked, etc. A computer musician could have already be in the mix-down stage of even a simple song.

But, I think we have digressed here. I never wanted this to be about which is better, digitally made music, or instrumentally recorded music. No one can reasonably deny that both have their individual strengths, and can do things that the other cant. So a combination of both can produce an excellent outcome.

You mentioned before that you don’t think it’s asking too much to have a vocalist that is note-perfect. How many of those actually exist? Honestly?

“Music for musicians is effortless. It’s their vocabulary.” I think those two statements contradict each other. Using the analogy of one’s vocabulary, is it always easy to express what you mean? No. It’s not. The same goes for musicians.

Backtracking slightly, the whole beauty of “live” or “recorded music”, is that it naturally has those little perfections in it, like a slight variation in dynamics/pitch/rhythm/tempo. So, asking for a musician/vocalist to play/sing something perfectly, is asking them to be a computer.

1045 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
iDraw says

you ever thought about to be both…. 1 person records live music, he plays on a guitar/piano or whatever and edit it on the computer further and master/render it to the best quality….......... I want to be something similar, would be amazing

take a look at this guy http://www.windwalker.co.kr/

the main song on this site is the best live recorded song I ever heard and I guess he edit it on the pc…...... whatever I think he’s a guy that is both, how I told you

I can’t imagine how many opportunities you have like that….. its awesome

496 posts
+2 more
JType says

Actually, I think I will be uploading some tracks soon that I made a little while back, with my brother playing the guitar, but processed and edited by myself.. I do think it is really a nice way of making music.

On one of the songs, I reversed certain sections of the guitar, for effect. And you simply just can’t do that without computers.

1045 posts
+2 more
iDraw says
Actually, I think I will be uploading some tracks soon that I made a little while back, with my brother playing the guitar, but processed and edited by myself.. I do think it is really a nice way of making music. On one of the songs, I reversed certain sections of the guitar, for effect. And you simply just can’t do that without computers.

thats the cool thing… and thats why its a awesome new way… even it isn’t new…... but the new ways you can create with this style are amazing

keep it up man, you’ve got a cool brother eh :)

do you saw this guy’s site, his background melody?... he recorded different instruments…. I can’t find a word for this music style :D

496 posts
+2 more
JType says

Yeah, I saw it man! I like it alot! I’m not sure exactly what you would call it, but I guess it could come under the Jazz umbrella.

Haha! Yeah, my bro is cool! He’s really helping me with my soon-to-be-launched website too. Doing all the coding and CSS and whatnot..

1045 posts
+2 more
iDraw says

yea could be a new style of jazz… but I guess it depends to nu jazz or acid jazz

cool hehe good help for you

496 posts
+2 more
JType says

Anyone seen this clip before? It’s a routine by DJ Kentaro. Not perfect, but he really gets going about half way through. Some amazing skills. Check out how many styles he manages to throw into the set:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfmh_f0LXB4&feature=related

1045 posts
+2 more
iDraw says

he’s got really fast hands

djing is not really my type for making music in the future hehe but I like how he made his end

496 posts
+2 more
JType says
djing is not really my type for making music

No? Ok, well how about this guy? He is an excellent producer (In my opinion). Here is a clip of him recording his latest album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlwG3DSESyE

10 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
lovershorizon says

Seems legit. Probably that’s the samples I needed for a Flash games. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by