28 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
cidepix says

(I have flagged both my messages for staff reply)

All our licensing info can be found on our Knowledgebase here – http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Live/Knowledgebase/Article/View/220/70/which-license-should-you-buy

and here – http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Live/Knowledgebase/Article/View/375/70/extended-license-usage-examples

Thanks!

Thank you for this..

I have disabled extended licenses on my items.. it is not acceptable for me.. Not for those prices..

the price should be equal or more than the flyer’s (or website template’s, or wordpress theme’s) extended licenses..

9 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
moodboy says

... I would like to hear your opinion.. Don’t you think photo extended licenses are too cheap, while your flyer’s extended license is $300 in my opinion, it’s not fair and I still believe photographers are not compensated well enough which obviously is not your fault..

Well it was classical misread by me.. I am really sorry for that, and for my reaction too.. :) And thanks for nice wishes..

About your question, I actually believe in freedom of choice above everything else..i know that’s cheesy statement :) but Envato is a club, club has a rules, you can choose to follow that rules, or you can choose to join some other club with different rules.. Or you can, at the end, form your own club and set your own rules..

I believe that Envato stuff here are doing things with some reasons.. And I can only assume that maybe the reason because ext. licence for flyers are so much more expensive then for photos is because there is no real thing you can do with extended licence for flyers.. Why would anyone purchase that? And we can analyze are photographers loosing money because of that, or not, but at the end we will go back to my first statement – they had chosen to put their photos here and to make ext. lic. purchase available – so I think they know best :)

37 posts
  • Palestinian Territory
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
damsol1 says

Congrats !! ;)

846 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Malaysia
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
kaixer says

Congratulations :grin:

28 posts
  • United Kingdom
cidepix says

There is a big problem here envato don’t realize.. this may get them into a HUGE legal trouble.. I will try to simplify it..

If you sell an EL for that brochure and if the buyer includes that photo that came with the EL download into another brochure and puts it on envato for sale, he/she will violate the photographer’s copyrights because he only paid you the EL price, not the original photographer.. (this is copyright violation with the help of envato’s agreement.. not your fault, totally envato’s fault.. they make the copyright violation legal and that is not good) photographer is only paid once and the photo is included in 2 items.. what’s scary is he can sell another EL and that buyer can include the photo into another flyer and place it on graphicriver for sale.. this may create an infinite loop of EL’s and infinite copyright violations with envato’s so called scheme..

I don’t know If you understand what I mean.. I may be complicating it by wording it badly.. but there is an open door for copyright violation and the door is opened by envato.. because you are the only one who paid an EL fee to the photographer.. but in case someone buys an EL from you, then they have the photo + the EL which gives them the so-called right to sell it and offer another EL without paying the photographer, but only paying you..

Well it was classical misread by me.. I am really sorry for that, and for my reaction too.. :) And thanks for nice wishes..

About your question, I actually believe in freedom of choice above everything else..i know that’s cheesy statement :) but Envato is a club, club has a rules, you can choose to follow that rules, or you can choose to join some other club with different rules.. Or you can, at the end, form your own club and set your own rules..

I believe that Envato stuff here are doing things with some reasons.. And I can only assume that maybe the reason because ext. licence for flyers are so much more expensive then for photos is because there is no real thing you can do with extended licence for flyers.. Why would anyone purchase that? And we can analyze are photographers loosing money because of that, or not, but at the end we will go back to my first statement – they had chosen to put their photos here and to make ext. lic. purchase available – so I think they know best :)
46 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
GraemeVoigt says

AMAZING ! Well done

170 posts You imagine... We Design!
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author