Congratulations.. :)

28 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
cidepix says

congrats.. nice graphic design..

I was checking the port and here I noticed “photo is included” line:

http://graphicriver.net/item/long-play-party-posterflyer/2629372?WT.ac=portfolio_thumb&WT.seg_1=portfolio_thumb&WT.z_author=moodboy

I don’t think this is right.. Please someone from graphicriver clarify.. If your extended license is allowing this kind of usage I am going to go and disable extended license on my vectors..

I am sure the photographer would have been happier if photo was not included, and instead a link to his image was placed so people could purchase it if they wanted.. That way he could make way more than the extended license commission..

the design is nicely put together but the photo is very good and the photographer deserves more compensation I think..

28 posts
  • United Kingdom
cidepix says

also your extended license cost $300

http://graphicriver.net/item/long-play-party-posterflyer/2629372?WT.ac=portfolio_thumb&WT.seg_1=portfolio_thumb&WT.z_author=moodboy

while the other day I sold one for only $60

http://graphicriver.net/item/pirate-map/131521

something is seriously wrong here.. so little compensation for the original image creator while much bigger compensation for the brochure designer..

also, when you sell en extended license of this brochure, does the photographer get compensated again? (which I think he should)

Please don’t get me wrong, I am really asking these in a nice manner, you are lucky I am not posting this on a popular microstock photographers forum, you would be crucified If I did :)

(I have flagged both my messages for staff reply)

369 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Belgium
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
styleWish says

congrats!

9 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
moodboy says

First, thanks a lot people! :)

Second:

Please don’t get me wrong, I am really asking these in a nice manner, you are lucky I am not posting this on a popular microstock photographers forum, you would be crucified If I did :)

I am sure you had good intentions but I really don’t like the tone.. I am lucky because of lot a things, but i just don’t care did you or did you not post something on the net.. And threatening over the internet was and always will be.. well just lame at the best..

So before stuff get here and hopefully remove both of mine and your replies you should read this:

The following examples are acceptable uses of files “purchased” (i.e. licensed) using the Extended License: ... 6. A photo from PhotoDune could be used as an element of a flyer for sale. ...
http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/375/70/extended-license-usage-examples

I am not making the rules, I am just playing by them, so this was by all means wrong address for you to complain..

Don’t get me wrong, but that post sounded really offensive..

Cheers!

4594 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+6 more
KingDog Staff says
1024 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
TanyDi says

Congrats!!! Hope you reach soon 5 000 sales :-)

28 posts
  • United Kingdom
cidepix says

I am not making the rules, I am just playing by them, so this was by all means wrong address for you to complain..

Don’t get me wrong, but that post sounded really offensive..

Cheers!

I am sorry If I did offend you.. that wasn’t my intention and I agree that it may have sounded like I was threatening (which “definitely” I didn’t think I was..) So I apologize..

I started by congratulating you because I really think your flyers are great and wish you so many more sales..

I referenced that forum because I read that “many photographers were complaining about envato’s extended licenses before” (but never paid attention) Now I found out that this was the reason that they hated extended licenses here so much :) that was why I mentioned that forum, not as a threat to you :) but you had no idea so it sounded bad..

congrats again and thank you for making me realize that there are also “pricing inconsistencies” in extended licenses..

I would like to hear your opinion.. Don’t you think photo extended licenses are too cheap, while your flyer’s extended license is $300

in my opinion, it’s not fair and I still believe photographers are not compensated well enough which obviously is not your fault..

849 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
Rewroc says

Congrats. :)

1388 posts
  • Exclusive Author