• Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
+15 more
scottwills Staff says

Hey Greg,

Thanks for the feedback. :) Please write to support if/when you ever encounter problems or errors submitting content to AudioJungle. That way the devs can investigate and try to fix. If we don’t know about it, we can’t try to fix it. :)

Just a note about descriptions: A good description is important because (a) it helps make your file + AudioJungle look professional rather than have a list of 100 keywords like some sites do (b) descriptions are useful for the customers who purchase your music, they can get an overview of your file as they listen to it and (b) descriptions are really useful for getting your file to appear in search results when customers try to find your music. So the reason we require descriptions is because it helps you the author make sales and it helps the customer find what they are looking for.

Please also try to keep threads on topic, many thanks! :)

688 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
robGD Volunteer moderator says

Here’s a fun example: search “vulcan” under all items and see what you get. ;) Not that anyone would but the search is quite good. You could nest a keyword in your description that you could use that way. The search terms “mushroom” & “fragrance” yield really cool results also. ;)

9 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United States
gregdoesmusic says

Interesting tactic. Plus, If there was a way to see the most common search terms in real time we could use them for our keywords. I’m just kidding, that’s probably cheating.

I didn’t mean to come across as complaining about the submission process. I was making fun of my own aversion to the administrative side of being a composer in general. It’s a hard transition going from artist to business person and I like to make light of things that are difficult.

2576 posts
  • Community Ambassador
  • Community Manager
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
+15 more
scottwills Staff says
I didn’t mean to come across as complaining about the submission process.

Heh, heh, it didn’t come across that way, Greg, no problem. :) Next time, just change your avatar from “GregDoesMusic” to “GregDoesSarcasm” so we’re all clear. :D Just messing with you. :)

688 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
robGD Volunteer moderator says

As long as the search terms apply, and buyers like what they hear, it’s all fair game. ;) I think that would be a great feature. Give authors the last so many (50 or so)search terms used at any given time. That would make it easier to see what buyers are looking for and might change the priority of projects I have in the can.

by
by
by
by
by
by