• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

It’s bad business for the authors having an item in the bundle as well. Now 10.000 potential buyers won’t buy their items because they already got it for $0.05 each?
Could not disagree more. I’ve made a ton of money in the bundle (made more in first 4 days than in 8 months of being here) and my bundle track has been in the Top Sellers because of all the bundle hype and it is looking to be in the Top Sellers again this week with 12 sales so far.

+1. There is no doubt about the gains of participating authors, it is a worthy opportunity for any author. But it is not a problem here – the biggest problem is how Envato will continue in the future. We are just 2 steps near a disaster:

Step 1: Release next bundle for 30 days
Step 2: Release bundles every month
Result: 365 days bundle.

Hope the above situation wont happen anytime within 2013. If a staff confirms the bundle strategy as a limited campaign, it would be a relief. And isn’t this the right time to think about little bit advanced search filter? After gaining enormous traffic through bundle attraction, we supposed to allow buyers to find what they need with reasonable accuracy, isn’t it?

4594 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+6 more
KingDog Staff says

If a staff confirms the bundle strategy as a limited campaign, it would be a relief.

Alex has already answered this:

We’re also running this as a test for 14 days. We’re considering both options for the future – 7 days or 14 days. We are watching for a drop in sales everywhere – not just overall but for specific types of items as well. All signs point to there being NO drop. Nothing corporate here. That is the data that me and our data scientist have derived and we have analysed at length. Lastly, as a marketing person, running this for 14 days lets us run way more marketing AND run way more testing on our marketing that makes our marketing perform better. More revenue = more marketing = more traffic to the marketplaces.

There has been no talk of anything other than the current 14 day test. There’s no 30 day, monthly or year long bundle even being hinted at. Hope that helps :)

5542 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says

There has been no talk of anything other than the current 14 day test. There’s no 30 day, monthly or year long bundle even being hinted at. Hope that helps :)

Thanks. That’s a big help :D

264 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
soundengine says

It’s bad business for the authors having an item in the bundle as well. Now 10.000 potential buyers won’t buy their items because they already got it for $0.05 each?
Could not disagree more. I’ve made a ton of money in the bundle (made more in first 4 days than in 8 months of being here) and my bundle track has been in the Top Sellers because of all the bundle hype and it is looking to be in the Top Sellers again this week with 12 sales so far.

Congrats on your earnings. By the way, I want to know how much “a ton of money” make exactly? :)

Anyway, don’t think in the short-term. Selling at $0.05 (or so) you’re both undercutting yourself and the whole market. I don’t want to argue about it. Undercutting kills any business, it’s a proven fact.

6767 posts
  • Italy
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
doru says

The bundle looks like a success. The 14 day trick squeezed a couple of thousands sales more than the average 8000 and there are still 48 hours to go.

I can safely assume that the 14day bundle is here to stay.

Unfortunately it looks like I’m the one who got the sales eaten by the bundle :( Not funny.

Well is a tough world where people have to earn money so there’s no point for me to ask for fair treatment. Fair and money can’t stay in the same bucket. But I’m just egoistical. I’m asking someone to cut outstanding awesome earnings so that I can earn something.

sales dropped to half and can’t find another explanation than this bundle. somewhere in those 10000+ buyers who chose the bundle there are some of my potential buyers. Well enjoy the bundles my lost friends, can’t blame you, the offer was too awesome. why buy ONE item from me when at the same price you get 54

Just a small suggestion that I hope you will pass to the management above. When the birthday bundle will come up there should be 1000$ packed for 20$. Just imagine the promotion and how awesome that will be. I will definitely buy that.

98 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
ssievert says

The bundle looks like a success. The 14 day trick squeezed a couple of thousands sales more than the average 8000 and there are still 48 hours to go.

I can safely assume that the 14day bundle is here to stay.

Unfortunately it looks like I’m the one who got the sales eaten by the bundle :( Not funny.

Well is a tough world where people have to earn money so there’s no point for me to ask for fair treatment. Fair and money can’t stay in the same bucket. But I’m just egoistical. I’m asking someone to cut outstanding awesome earnings so that I can earn something.

sales dropped to half and can’t find another explanation than this bundle. somewhere in those 10000+ buyers who chose the bundle there are some of my potential buyers. Well enjoy the bundles my lost friends, can’t blame you, the offer was too awesome. why buy ONE item from me when at the same price you get 54

Just a small suggestion that I hope you will pass to the management above. When the birthday bundle will come up there should be 1000$ packed for 20$. Just imagine the promotion and how awesome that will be. I will definitely buy that.

+1

5542 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says

@doru, sarcasm fail. It isn’t needed though here. But one more request to staffs after reading doru’s last para:

Can we get a confirmation from staff that the future bundles will not add more than $500/20 ratio? I mean it is already a 96% discount – this should be sufficiently close to free and should work for any marketing system. The current bundle offers 96.7% discount. As of now the number of days of bundle, price, Discount ratio, Fitness of items everything sounds so close to beyond perfection in terms of “Giving Away”.

6767 posts
  • Italy
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
doru says

sarcasm?

In sarcasm, ridicule or mockery is used harshly, often crudely and contemptuously, for destructive purposes.

you think I was trying to be cruel, contemptuous and destructive? But I’ve failed?

309 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
GroovingGecko says

Congrats on your earnings. By the way, I want to know how much “a ton of money” make exactly? :)

$1678 with 11192 sales of the bundle. Could be a bit more since AJ prices were increased.

3156 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
ToivoMedia says

My sales haven’t been this bad since maybe a couple of years ago.

by
by
by
by
by
by