109 posts quanticalabs.com
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
QuanticaLabs says

I’ve noticed that for our latest updated theme there is ‘Licensing’ directory automatically added into zip package. I’m making my zip packages installable in WordPress (user can install theme straight using downloaded from ThemeForest zip archive) and that additional ‘Licensing’ directory is breaking theme install in WordPress. Why it’s even added? I’ve it already inside theme directory – named ‘licensing’. There is no need to add it twice in fact. Does anyone else experiences this issue? Is it related to that recent 100% GPL changes? I think that Envato should inform about such a practices…

563 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
kriskorn says

I’ve noticed that for our latest updated theme there is ‘Licensing’ directory automatically added into zip package. I’m making my zip packages installable in WordPress (user can install theme straight using downloaded from ThemeForest zip archive) and that additional ‘Licensing’ directory is breaking theme install in WordPress. Why it’s even added? I’ve it already inside theme directory – named ‘licensing’. There is no need to add it twice in fact. Does anyone else experiences this issue? Is it related to that recent 100% GPL changes? I think that Envato should inform about such a practices…

They wrote/announced it somewhere, but I don’t remember right now where it was. I make a little search and give you the link.

// Found i! Link – http://notes.envato.com/general/100-gpl-option-now-available-plus-woothemes-arrives/

Paragraph – “We’ve also improved the upload process — WordPress themes and plugins no longer need to manually include the license and Read-Me files in their upload, as they’re automatically added.”

Kris

366 posts WordPress Guy
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+5 more
Japh Envato team says

As Kriskorn has already said now, this was announced in the Envato Notes blog post, which was also linked to in the original announcement forum thread.

109 posts quanticalabs.com
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Has referred 500+ members
+7 more
QuanticaLabs says

Thank you @kriskorn and @Japh. I’ve read this article (have to missed the ‘improved the upload process’ part). Anyway I have choosed to create installable zip package because many of buyers reported problems with installation. So that’s why I’m worried about this modification. But I’ll give a chance to new structure and will see how things will work.

3343 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

woothemes preview themes had been disabled by envato because they placed a button that redirected this marketplace buyers to their website.

That could be an oversight rather than deliberate , if you look how they load their theme previews they do it by reference, if its loading from TF it doesn’t display the purchase button. When you use the switcher although TF frame is there its technically being referred from inside the frame(woos own site) so its not hiding the purchase button.

2010 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+9 more
bitfade says

That could be an oversight rather than deliberate
there were already a bit too much oversights about this particular author.
7794 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
doru says

That could be an oversight rather than deliberate

woothemes is not some teenage guy who released his first theme and did not figured out the rules of the game. is a full team of people who know perfectly well what they are doing.

the correct way to do this is to use a custom switch that cycle to your themes and then, when a themeforest user clicks on the purchase button, you redirect the user to the item page on this marketplace.

366 posts WordPress Guy
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+5 more
Japh Envato team says

That could be an oversight rather than deliberate , if you look how they load their theme previews they do it by reference, if its loading from TF it doesn’t display the purchase button. When you use the switcher although TF frame is there its technically being referred from inside the frame(woos own site) so its not hiding the purchase button.

As Chris mentions, this was an oversight. Woo had to do some development work to add in the ability to hide the “Purchase” button when the URL had a ‘ref’ of ‘themeforest’. However, if when switching themes you happened to get changed to a different demo server, the ‘ref’ didn’t follow. Woo has fixed this now too.

6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
klasikweb says

Our questions regarding why woothemes themes can be accepted still have no answer.

We just submit our wordpress theme and rejected…. but why woothemes themes can be accepted??

Can envato staff answer our questions?

2) Our wordpress themes was rejected with standard feedback from reviewer: “Your template does not provide a unique enough design with the necessary design quality, features and options to compete in the marketplace at this time. As higher quality templates become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality.

But when we see the woothemes themes, why those themes can be accepted?

Their themes is not bad, the design is good but still it “does not provide a unique enough design… ...to compete in the marketplace at this time.” as reviewer said.

thanks
287 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
candeed says

Our questions regarding why woothemes themes can be accepted still have no answer.

We just submit our wordpress theme and rejected…. but why woothemes themes can be accepted??

Can envato staff answer our questions?

Maybe those themes just to kickstart the new license ? Only to help socialize it to make people aware ?

by
by
by
by
by
by