911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Carmen says

As seen on Envato Notes:

We’ve got some exciting news! Today we’re happy to announce that authors on ThemeForest and CodeCanyon can now choose to license their WordPress items through an 100% GPL option. You can find all the details about the new GPL option on the Envato Knowledgebase.

To help us launch this new feature, one of the most well known and respected theme outfits is joining ThemeForest’s ever growing library — WooThemes!

This is a very exciting change for Envato and you can read Collis’s post on Notes for all the details! If you have any questions about the new 100% GPL option, please feel free to ask them in this thread. :)

277 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
candeed says

Wow, WooThemes has joined Themeforest (After Appthemes few weeks ago).. That’s a breaking news!

Themeforest is getting huge, huge and huge..

:grin:

Congratulation, TF / Envato!

854 posts Envato Studio Communications Manager
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Featured in the Envato Market Community podcast
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+7 more
Jordan_M Envato team says

Yeahhhhh booooooooyyyy! Very glad to see this :)

64 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
Kiss_Collective says

A little slow off the mark, but you got the idea in the end.

2268 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
jonathan01 says

@jonathan01 it’s the old “do as we say, not as we do” tactic. HAHA! Rules are meant to be broken when dollar signs are involved $$$$$$$

I love this line the most “To help us launch this new feature, one of the most well known and respected theme outfits is joining ThemeForest’s ever growing library — WooThemes!”

What? You gotta bring some other theme provider into the mix when there are plenty of current authors who would be more than willing to help launch this new feature.

Yeah the whole thing is just a little insulting to every author here that has helped build it to what it is today…. ah well.

1002 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
purethemes says

I love this line the most “To help us launch this new feature, one of the most well known and respected theme outfits is joining ThemeForest’s ever growing library — WooThemes!”

What? You gotta bring some other theme provider into the mix when there are plenty of current authors who would be more than willing to help launch this new feature.
Yeah the whole thing is just a little insulting to every author here that has helped build it to what it is today…. ah well.

just what I wanted to say, I don’t want to be involved in discussion about this, but I fully agree with you.

Time will show how many of authors will really decide for 100% GPL

2590 posts
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
+17 more
contrastblack Envato team says

Hey guys,

you were right, and the link was removed. That being said, some of the comments pointing to that error have also been removed as they no longer apply. Please stay on-topic from now on, and jonathan01, thank you for pointing that out. It happens to the best of us :)

Cheers

2590 posts
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
+17 more
contrastblack Envato team says

Hey guys,

you were right, and the link was removed. That being said, some of the comments pointing to that error have also been removed as they no longer apply. Please stay on-topic from now on, and jonathan01, thank you for pointing that out. It happens to the best of us :)

Cheers
Oh man, now you guys censoring people… not good :*(

I’m sad you feel “censored” but holding a discussion on topic, after an admitted mistake has been corrected, and previous comments have been taken into account and affected a Staff members reply is anything but “censorship”. Any comment in relation to the GPL issue or personal opinions on the matter have been left untouched, and will continue to do so.

Thank you for your understanding.

911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
Carmen says

Hi guys, the reason I linked to WooThemes was to give you an idea of who they are and what they do. They aren’t technically our competitors since they’ve joined forces with us. :)

My concern is that some of you are focusing on off-topic chit chat rather than contributing to the thread. If you’d like to give me any feedback, please feel free to do so via my profile. Otherwise, please lets focus on discussing GPL licenses.

1594 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
+10 more
contempoinc says

Gotta agree, not sure why Woo adding their themes to TF is anything to celebrate

by
by
by
by
by
by