900 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
CheshireCat says
Sorry, I’m sure this has been asked before.. What if I wanted to use an item that is in my download section for another site but not available anymore (dead link)? How do I buy another license and can I use it again??

If its only been deleted by the author then you may be able to re purchase by getting in contact with them, if the author is no longer a member of the den then not alot that can be done in regards to buying another license.

Speak to support if your unsure

LeatherwingStudios
LeatherwingStudios Recent Posts Threads Started
601 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
LeatherwingStudios says
Sorry, I’m sure this has been asked before.. What if I wanted to use an item that is in my download section for another site but not available anymore (dead link)? How do I buy another license and can I use it again??

I have yet to get a definitive answer from FD on this issue. And I have at least one item in my downloads where this has happened.

what if they remove an item for copyright violation? I do not think they automatically credit those who have purchased it. yet those who have purchased it clearly have no right to use it even once!

26 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
gcarpenter says

Wow, lots of nitpicking going on here. I’ve bought a ton of stuff here, and lots of it on speculation, that I will never probably use.

I don’t know why people are debating the concept of multiple use and what that means. It’s pretty simple. If you’re a buyer, you do the math and decide if it’s worth buying under those terms. To sellers, remember that a lot of your sales are most likely going to small-time users. Those folks may want to use your files for trivial projects that would not otherwise justify your multiple-use pricing model. In other words, it would be a total pass. It’s the bigger guns that are your target for multi-use licenses. And I bet that’s a small percentage of those who come here and actually buy. So you should consider whether the sales loss for those modified terms is balanced by the multi-use sales increase. Time will tell.

However, I’m MAJORLY CONCERNED with this very strange idea of “limiting downloads.” How absolutely, incredibly customer un-friendly that is! Do you really think such a thing would hinder someone intent on multiple usage? No, it wouldn’t. However, it would be a really negative thing to do to your average customer.

Should you, as someone pointed out, be responsible for someone else’s file backup? Of course not. But wouldn’t you WANT to be a pro-active, positive vendor that makes people want to come back and buy from you again? I sure would be!

One of the absolute, most positive aspects of Envato to me (as a buyer) is simply knowing that I can, if need be, re-download something. I don’t expect it, I APPRECIATE it, and it makes me feel REALLY GOOD about coming here. It is part of the total positive experience that MAKES ME BUY STUFF HERE REGULARLY , instead of elsewhere, and many times WHEN I DON ’T EVEN HAVE A SPECIFIC NEED for the things I buy.

I’m really disappointed in the few sellers who have latched onto this odd idea that eliminating re-downloads would somehow be a good thing. It won’t eliminate anyone with bad intentions, and it would just notch down this service by removing one of its major pluses. Why on earth would you do that?

I’d really encourage sellers on this thread to get out of the negative mindset, lose the worry, and focus more on creative output. That’s where the money is.

by
by
by
by
by
by