• Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+3 more
DanielKeller says

fact is, he made that song, Katy Perry loved it and tweeted it, that’s how it was spread from Asia over to Europe and America, it was luck… but anyway you see it and if you like it or not, he produced a hit.
I had to google for ‘Katy Perry’ and i still don’t know who she is..

did you live in a cave for the last 5 years or do you just never listen radio or watch tv? It’s like saying you don’t know madonna! :D

56 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
JMDDesigns says

Old news. The guy is an internet sensation living off revenue purely because of his talent and not just this video. Alone, with advertising from Google, that video would of made an estimate of around 5 million in Ad revenue, if not a hell of a lot more. And the Katy Perry thing is rubbish, the guy was well known before, clocking over 200K subscribers before Gangnam Style made it to his channel :) He’s had plenty of releases before this, it’s just different because it went viral.

Besides that, it’s not just the song that made it what it is, it’s the cheesy choreography that goes with it and that specific dance Psy does. :P

The thing is, no matter how bad it is to you, the dude is holding world records left, right and center. He’s now just a tool for the commercial world of product. He will be sold on everything you can think of. I wouldn’t be surprised if he appears on this marketplace somewhere. The thing is, big companies are paying him just to feature in commercials, that alone would generate mass revenue. He’s a walking money machine haha. Can’t fault him, regardless of how cheesy and bad the song is, for his success.

324 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Serbia
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
NikolaSusa says

fact is, he made that song, Katy Perry loved it and tweeted it, that’s how it was spread from Asia over to Europe and America, it was luck… but anyway you see it and if you like it or not, he produced a hit.
I had to google for ‘Katy Perry’ and i still don’t know who she is..
did you live in a cave for the last 5 years or do you just never listen radio or watch tv? It’s like saying you don’t know madonna! :D

No i don’t watch TV or listen to radio and i didn’t live in a cave. I just don’t bother with wannabe ‘musicians’ that will be gone in few years(gone as in – no one will remember them). :P

1257 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
graphic4444 says

actually I personally love this song, and even learned how to play electric guitar along with it since it’s fun and upbeat…. it’s exactly because it’s different from regular pop we’ve heard, and is still catchy, that helps it be so popular. I like it, especially this version w/MC Hammer at the music awards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOyo7JD7hjo

what’s not to like about it? i’ve been a musician for decades, this is an original, well done song. His main one is the Number One Video in the World, on youtube… that tells you it’s popular. If for some reason you don’t like it, though… what are you missing about commercial success, in terms of lessons learned? What matters, is what has mass appeal and sells.

But hey, as a creative type, I’d be thrilled to make something that gets the #1 most-watched video in the world spot, and makes millions in sales… but that’s just me :)

199 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Romania
DanThemes says

Who’s Madonna? :stress:

229 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
martinjamez says

when i saw this image it reminds me about this thread

368 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Beta Tester
  • Europe
Mirtt says

Most of you guys sound like you are forced to listen to it. It plays here everywhere and I do not have any problem ignoring or listening it when is fun to do so.

But, hey man this is not music, have you listened to true music, yes, true music? Do not listen to your taste, just listen to what people are saying and that is true music. Soon we are going to find ourselves eating true food and drinking true drinks, although, not sure what is going to be like.

324 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Serbia
NikolaSusa says

Most of you guys sound like you are forced to listen to it. It plays here everywhere and I do not have any problem ignoring or listening it when is fun to do so. But, hey man this is not music, have you listened to true music, yes, true music? Do not listen to your taste, just listen to what people are saying and that is true music. Soon we are going to find ourselves eating true food and drinking true drinks, although, not sure what is going to be like.

If it’s playing in every coffee shop, in every club, on every corner.. Yes we are forced. True music as every art is way for an artist to express it’s feelings and/or confront the reader/public with some major problem.

1602 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
cyzer says

this is total shit :)

368 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Beta Tester
  • Europe
Mirtt says

Most of you guys sound like you are forced to listen to it. It plays here everywhere and I do not have any problem ignoring or listening it when is fun to do so. But, hey man this is not music, have you listened to true music, yes, true music? Do not listen to your taste, just listen to what people are saying and that is true music. Soon we are going to find ourselves eating true food and drinking true drinks, although, not sure what is going to be like.
If it’s playing in every coffee shop, in every club, on every corner.. Yes we are forced. True music as every art is way for an artist to express it’s feelings and/or confront the reader/public with some major problem.

“I do not have any problem ignoring it or listening it when is fun to do so.”

You cannot label a music or a genre as a “true music”, that is just stupid. Just because today music is made much easier and it takes less time does not mean that it is not qualitative. Yes, it seems that we have quantity over quality but you are free to choose what you want to listen to.

by
by
by
by
by
by