ILoveThemeforest
ILoveThemeforest Recent Posts Threads Started
22 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
ILoveThemeforest says

Hello Guys, Do you think the Affiliate Program is low at 30% most websites have a Affiliate Program at least 50% Affiliate Program , I think Envato should consider raising it a small bit, Tell me guys what you think?

5358 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

The problem is that many authors are at 70% commission. So this opens the door for abuse.

ILoveThemeforest
22 posts
ILoveThemeforest says

The problem is that many authors are at 70% commission. So this opens the door for abuse.
I’m not trying to start a war here or anything just want to hear peoples views, That’s all :)
280 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has referred 200+ members
+6 more
johnnybd says

would rather have %5 but as an ongoing fee rather than a %30 first time deposit and thats it.

ILoveThemeforest
22 posts
ILoveThemeforest says

would rather have %5 but as an ongoing fee rather than a %30 first time deposit and thats it.

Sounds more interesting :)

5358 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

I’m not trying to start a war here or anything just want to hear peoples views, That’s all :)

I’m not sure you understood my post. If authors make 70% commission, and the affiliate percentage were higher than 30%, that means that someone could effectively game the system by clicking an affiliate link and then buying their own items. I doubt anyone would get away with it on a large scale, but a few times here and there and it would probably be difficult for Envato to track. Then consider a few times a month for even 1% of authors and it starts to turn into big losses over time.

ILoveThemeforest
22 posts
ILoveThemeforest says

I’m not sure you understood my post. If authors make 70% commission, and the affiliate percentage were higher than 30%, that means that someone could effectively game the system by clicking an affiliate link and then buying their own items. I doubt anyone could get away with it on a large scale, but a few times here and there and it would probably be difficult for Envato to track. Then consider a few times a month for even 1% of authors and it starts to turn into big losses over time.

Oh, yes I understand now. But I think that johnnybd idea is good. :)

632 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
UBLThemes says

Its not about fixing anything.

There are a lot of users who are on 70%, so giving 30% now sometimes means that they are making a loss.

Sometimes if a elite user who gets 70% get a referral for his own item that makes 70% + 30% = 100%.

You guys are forgetting that paypal take there fees, so do moneybookers etc. so sometimes envato make no money and actually make a loss.

That is why they do it only for new users signing up and not just for per user referred.

951 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
Giallo says

yes it is low. And also about the referrals: they’re cookie dependent so when the buyers clear the cookies you loose every future percentage on those.

332 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
vtimbuc says

I think 30% is good and enough. I also like the idea of 5% from all the purchases and deposits made by a referred user.

by
by
by
by
by
by