Hi mate. ThemeForest author here. I got ZERO sales lol! My last sale was at 23.48 the night before the 100% commission day. 12 minutes too early. Hah!
Whatever – i still had my part of the birthday present by having one of my items featured in the mega birthday bundle – so i’m not complaining
devotchkah saidReally clever for the customers side, but I prefer my full 100%
or perhaps, instead of giving us more money, cut envato half from the price and give buyers a 50% discount
Well, a 50% discount for buyers means a lot more sales for the authors..
I’d say the best would be something in the middle: 25% extra commission for the authors, 25% discount for the buyers. That’s a win – win!
It’s a very sad day for all of us who shared doru’s feeling – as mentioned in one of the most popular forum thread ever on the marketplaces..
Authors are losing an essential emotion about item upload. Even if it didn’t reflect the real progress, you cannot deny the excitement and the anticipation build this progress bar would provide.
It seems the reason behind the new (failed) user badges is to create excitement. If you ask me, i am taking my old badges and progress bar back with no second thoughts!
+1,000. These look clean, scalable, speak for themselves and the tooltip details would make it a perfect solution.
1) We get to keep the color coding for the paws (and other color-changing badges upon achievements).
2) There is no extra, pointless stuff going on in there. Straight to the point, no boders, depth, cartoons. Clean and pure.
3) They are consistent. All round, all unicolor bg. No hexagons sometimes, round sometimes, stroke sometimes, weird sometimes, and all yellow..
Will fill the survey now.
Anyone knows what the final amount of sales of the bundle was, before it disappeared and vanished in thin air?
I checked the script 2 hours before the deadline, and the sales were ramping up very nicely. Did it end up reaching 10,000 sales?
@SlowClay a theme MUST include a style.css file in the root theme folder to be a working theme. There is absolutely zero chance that you will purchase a theme here on ThemeForest that doesn’t include a stylesheet. If you are getting the “stylesheet missing” error, you are doing something wrong and there could be 2 very probable reasons:
1) You are trying to install an HTML template and not a WordPress theme (ThemeForest doesn’t only sell WordPress themes)
2) If you are 100% confident you are installing a WP theme, you may be uploading the wrong .zip file (maybe you are trying to upload the whole download package including documentation, psd files etc, instead of the theme itself).
See what i mean, i think you will find the feedback more constructive if you share the working demo you are trying to get approved.
First thing to do is share a link to your theme demo, so people can give you actual feedback on your work rather than “best practices to get your theme approved”.
Create a new thread in the item discussion forum and i am sure you will get some valuable help from experienced authors.
When envato says ”$1,000” worth of items, does it mean the total value is exactly $1000 or +/- around $1,000?
Does anyone know from past bundle experience?
Anyway, my mind is blown by the amount of sales of this bundle, and i am sooooooo happy one of my items is part of it