Posts by sevenspark

3445 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

Does this help? http://stackoverflow.com/questions/652763/jquery-object-to-string

$('<div>').append($('#item-of-interest').clone()).remove().html();</div>
3445 posts
+10 more

I use this dropdown menu code on the site I maintain, one thing I would like to do with it that I have not figured out how to do is to highlight the menu item for the page you are on. I have tried this but it also highlights the dropdown list items as well. other than tha, it works well in all browsers (including IE6 ).the code has been out there for a couple of years.

the thing I do notice about dropdown menus is that they can be set up to work on IE7 + but often don’t work wit iE6 (Twentyten, for example) and lots of the users accesssing the web site I look after use IE6 so it does not become an option to drop it.

most tutorials on dropdown menus do not show you how to highlight the menu item on the page you are on, perhaps because of the problems in doing it as I have run into.

OrganicBeeMedia, thanks for the link, will check it out.

Al

I haven’t looked at the tutorial in detail, but WP offers the classes .current_page_item or .current-menu-item (for WP3 Menus) that is applied to the current menu item. You can target just the current level, then, like this:

#mymenu ul li.current_page_item > a{
    color: #000; /* Current Item Highlight Color */
}

Note if you don’t include the > in the CSS selector, it will apply to all items hierarchically beneath it.

Hope that helps :)

3445 posts
+10 more

Looks like it’s most likely either widgets that can be removed (via Appearance > Widgets) or hard-coded into sidebar.php (or the template for the home page perhaps). If that doesn’t fix it for you it’s best to contact the author of the theme for theme-specific advice :)

3445 posts
+10 more

Perhaps you should talk to Tyler, looks like he just finished implementing one: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/dmcasendercom-need-beta-testers/41276

:)

3445 posts
+10 more

Hi Mustaq,

This is a general Forum for all of ThemeForest, so if you have a theme-specific question it is best to contact the author directly through their profile page :)

Chris

3445 posts
+10 more

Classica is a plain one with no bells and whistles, but it doesn’t mean it was a 20 minute job to design it, it takes more skills and time to design a minimal website then it does a graphic packed one :) Not everyone can do that.

Exactly. This is a premium theme marketplace. Users that don’t care about design have a large amount of free themes to choose from in the WordPress theme database. If Themeforest didn’t keep a high standard, there would be no differentiation, at which point we wouldn’t have any more customers.

Not to mention, as a practicality, the standard needs to be kept high. If the marketplace was flooded with hundreds of designs every day it’d be chaos (and no one would make any money). As the popularity of the marketplace and therefore the rate of submissions grows, the percentage of accepted themes has to decline somewhat. Naturally, it make sense only to accept the themes with the best designs.

3445 posts
+10 more

Awesome, that’s great to know, thanks very much for the responses guys :)

About the eligibility criteria, I read that as well, but I couldn’t find anyplace on the site that actually allowed you to apply. Perhaps it’s just a matter of waiting till next month to see if the option appears (I guess I expected an option to be there, even if I couldn’t apply yet, with an explanation as to why it was not yet available rather than nothing at all). I’ll contact PayPal about this and see if they can give me an official response, too.

Still curious though if anyone has successfully applied for and received those reduced rates (I know it wouldn’t affect Envato withdrawals, just payments in general).

Cheers!

3445 posts
+10 more

Greetings prestonkanak and welcome to the forums. This is actually a general forum for all of Themeforest, not a theme-specific forum. If you want theme-specific support you should contact the author of that theme directly through their profile page. :)

3445 posts
+10 more

I think you make an interesting point. Clearly, not all buyers are design connoisseurs. I think that purchases reflect this to a certain extent. Whenever we are designing a product for sale, it pays to know our audience – it’s pointless to create something perfect if no one wants it (or recognizes its perfection).

On the other hand, high quality design isn’t just about selling products. It’s about communicating a site’s message clearly as well as beautifully. And to that extent, aiming for perfection will help create a better product, not only one that sells better. (Hopefully that will be recognized and translated into sales, too!)

In the end, I think many buyers (especially the more experienced ones) can sense perfect design even if they have zero design knowledge. Some designs just work, they pop, they grab your attention with that indefinable quality, and those designs tend to sell like hot cakes (look at Classica, for example). So I think buyers can spot awesome designs, even if they can’t always explain why they’re so great.

Do all buyers hold design to the same standard we do? Certainly not. But I think many are able to recognize good design when they see it, and if you can achieve it you’ll be rewarded :)

3445 posts
+10 more

Keep in mind you can use the Envato API , as many authors do, to authenticate users in your forums to make sure you give support only to those who have legally purchased the files.

by
by
by
by
by
by