Happy birthday, Envato!
I see 3 major issues with the design, in order of importance:
- Uniqueness – There are 100+ themes like this already on TF, I have fallen into this trap as well; make your designs unique.
- Spacing is both not enough and inconsistent throughout the design.
- Typography needs improvement; especially sizes.
Best of luck, Nikos Roussounelos
I make small pups go round the world non-stop. And get paid for it
You’re not exactly right. Yes, I also love Envato (I have a Envato wallpaper ;-)) and I’m happy to have finally joined the family, but it is a two-way street. We’re not merely passengers here, we’re partners. We give and take back in return.
That being said, both the authors and the staff are amazing so far, thus the marketplace striving and growing by the day.
Cool! 70% here I come XD
I think it’s lovely, there are some elements that really bring it down though:
- Remove the text-shadow from everything; it’s not subtle, and makes everything look blurry and not premium
- The “our website is coming soon” and the logo need to stand out; make them bigger bolder, and use visual hierarchy (italics, bold, different color, etc)
- The #outer div blends too much. Increase the opacity or the border
Best of luck, Nikos
Thanks for all the comments, people. I honestly didn’t expect this warm reception, and great so far sales!
Now working on the first minor patch, fixing some alignment issues on mobile devices, and adding full IE7 & IE8 compatibility.
I ? this community