Replied, did you get it or you just didn’t have the time to read it yet?
hi mate – yes got it thank you- won’t have time to have a proper look until later – will email you
Re. the dual sidebars, they are becoming a must for us recently as we are doing several school websites – the amount of info and related info to display on any given page can be overwhelming, often far too much for a single sidebar.
The page builder function is helpful primarily for front pages and the odd internal page where they want an internal layout.
Several of our clients can’t wait to get stuck in with putting pages together and their enthusiasm often isn’t matched by their knowledge of HTML . Hence things such as column shortcode can look a little forboding to them.
For someone who knocks sites together, I can take or leave the page builders but for clients, they love it.
I’ve purchased and used probably around 60 different WP themes from the marketplace and am still looking for one that combines the best of my 3 or 4 favorites. I’m looking for theme suggestions based on the following criteria, which is going to be a little tricky since I cannot name individual themes! I’m hoping I can name authors – please edit out if not.
1/ SIDEBARS : Custom sidebar creation with the ability to select NAMED sidebars (not ‘sidebar 1, sidebar 2 etc.) from the page edit window. Example: I select the option for dual sidebars and select ‘Faculties’ sidebar on the left and the ‘Art Faculty’ sidebar on the right. Left / Right / Dual sidebar templates are a must. The best example I’ve found of this so far is in the Goodlayers themes.
2/ SIMPLE GALLERY CREATION : Too many themes ask me to create a gallery then set up individual gallery items, each with a featured image, meaning I have to set up 30 or 409 new ‘pages’, each with a features image just to create a single gallery. Others ask me to set up a custom gallery and select the images for that gallery from a thumbnail scroller showing items in the media library. The easiest way, especially when you have some galleries with large numbers of images, is to use images attached to the page so that is a must. Also, the ability to create a central gallery overview page using the featured image from each of the separate gallery pages would be ideal.
3/ PAGE TEMPLATE BUILDER . I’ve only used Kriesi’s and Goodlayer’s and both are great. Shortcode for column and layout generation is fine for the developers but for clients is a headache.
4/ 2 slider options – simple fade/swipe and accordion.
That’s about it! I hope there’s one out there somewhere – any suggestions much appreciated
Just received this from a new client:
Hi guys, please see the email from an old friend. How does Google work?!!!!!
I don’t mind doing that for you – it’s a 30 second job. PM me your ftp details.
They all look a bit like they’ve been done at 99designs.com.
1: no. just no.
2. The font for WDA is awful – too little difference between the ‘d’ and the ‘a’
3. Another awful font. it looks like ‘ERV’, not ‘ART’. Look at the kerning between the ‘W’ and the ‘e’. Shoddy work.
4. Getting there but very generic
5. No – another terrible choice of font. Kill it with fire.
6. quite funky. the words ‘webdesignerart’ are al ittle lost underneath, though and the whole logo is a little faded.
7. finally – one of the designers put some thought into the logo rather than just putting the letters WDA above the words ‘webdesignerart’. It’s getting there but not right yet. Why are all 3 letters merged but a space remains in the wording below? The words are a little lost under the letters as well. Why not increase the size until you hit the left and right margins of the letters above? This is the best of an average bunch,
Although the author isn’t obliged to provide support, it’s a pain in the arse when they don’t!
Whenever I buy an item at envato, I check the author’s history of good support on their other items before purchasing.