Cool, let me know what you think about it if you try it
Fellow theme authors,
I wrote a new theme framework called WP-Inferno with an admin panel, metabox and shortcode generator (all three with the same convenient config syntax). I want to invite you to try it and maybe even use in your future themes. It’s completely free and I would be glad to answer your questions here and assist you with the first steps.
On Github: https://github.com/maximski/Inferno
Short feature overview: http://www.themedale.net/script/wp-inferno/1
There are some minor things I still need to do with WP-Inferno (like to extend the manual, fix some little bugs, etc.) like any software product basically isn’t 100% complete and without bugs at any time but I feel like it is finally ready to be thrown out in the real world. I wish you may find some use for this awesome framework.
I am currently in the process of rethinking my theme framework. And I am pretty interested where You (purchasers are adressed, too) would like to fetch image sliders to fetch their images from.
I don’t mean shortcodes where You may specify the image url in the shortcode itself. I mean the homepage, the common frontpage slider. Where should it get it’s images from? Some of my approaches are:
- Create a custom post type (just like posts and pages) for the images (would be still the post thumbnail image).
- Pro: Ultimate control about images, their link destination and description with WordPress onboard technology
- Contra: Cannot be published synchronous with post publishs. For example, if you want to link to a post and publish it, the image slide will only appear after you published the slide itself, too.
- A slide management system from the theme panel.
- Pro & contra: Pretty much the same like the above approach. Still more work to maintenance the code and not that much using onboard technique.
- From post thumbnails.
- Pro: Synchronous publish of slides and posts.
- Contra: Slides are only published when posts are published. Problems with linking slides to custom urls. Also, slide and post thumbnail (which may be used outside the slider, too) are the same or at least generated from the same image.
There sure are more and better approaches and I would love to hear about your ideas Of course, there still should be an option in the theme panel how many images to fetch and so on. Maybe even define the source? But I think that would be too complicated. I want to make it as simple and intuitive as possible.
Curious for your opinions. Best regards, indiapart.
Do you really need hip-hop?
Well I looked trough the first three pages of most sold items but I didn’t find something with a catchy but subtly background which was cool I just like this sort of audio. Would it hear my self or some time use it in a YouTube video myself
Best regards, indiapart.
Maybe authors go simply crazy about the stupid questions? I mean, before buying something You should at leat know WHAT you’re buying, shouldn’t you? For example, people buy a WordPress theme and complain about not working on WordPress.com. WTF ? I ignore such requests completely. Or, people ask why WordPress says it misses the stylesheet (too lazy to unzip once more, guys?). This is bullshit. Don’t buy something if You don’t know what You’re buying, that easy. As long as support requests make sense, they’re not a problem, but buyers should think and do some researches before bothering authors with annoying support requests after having purchased a theme for 30-35$, which is somewhat too cheap. Just my 2cents about the support thing.
And back to topic: Is it just me having the impression or has been the amount of approved items reduced dramatically the last two days, maybe as a reaction for this thread?