Posts by graphic4444

1238 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Forum Superstar
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

this site looks neat, anyone recognize if it’s a theme, or have similar?

http://www.100daychallenge.com/
1238 posts
  • Forum Superstar
graphic4444 says

i just build my own pcs using components from newegg, works great (asus mobos, fast dualcore cpu). macs never appealed to me, seemed more for people who don’t know how to use computers

1238 posts
  • Forum Superstar
graphic4444 says

it might someday be helpful to have video previews that show both the way they do now, but also a “plain” version video that shows with black background only, what the buyer is getting. that way buyers would see both the potential with well chosen images w/aep, and also what they’re actually getting, eg without any embedded images/videos

1238 posts
  • Forum Superstar
graphic4444 says

thanks; I did. I’ve bought hundreds of files here, only made one similar complaint, years ago (for the same issue; author showed preview image that wasn’t what was delivered in download)... it’s really disappointing to buy something that’s clearly not as advertised. Like buying a television, that once you open it at home, doesn’t work since the parts are missing.

update: the author just replied to my pm comment I sent him via email and gave me the link to where I could buy the flare file that he used (I’ve already bought it anyways); however as in videohive for ae projects, there’s clear disclaimers about “photo/sound not included” (here’s the link to buy the sound file on audiojungle etc)... a similar approach should be required here for any files that don’t include everything needed to produce what’s advertised in the preview.

1238 posts
  • Forum Superstar
graphic4444 says

not how I wanted to start my New Year’s off:

I just bought a text style effect, and the preview image shows lots of fancy added flares and other effects used to sell the effect .psd that are Not included – I feel ripped off. AUTHORS: Make sure your preview image shows exactly what’s provided to the buyer, since that’s what we expect to get.

I sent this to the help/support ticket system today:

................ hi – I bought this; it shows lens effects and flares in the preview; however when you buy the file those are all missing from the psd, that’s misleading. please require the author to provide the image psd as advertised/shown (which has lens flare and other effect graphics used to sell this), or refund – thanks.

please double check that authors don’t show misleading previews with lots of fancy added graphics like this, if that’s not what’s included, in the future. or at least they need to have a disclaimer saying “file sold does Not include all the enhanced graphics shown in the preview” or similar, since otherwise that’s obviously false advertising. What I see is what I should get, not a mockup that’s minus all the effects that made me want to buy it.

Look at the attached screencaps of the false-advertising preview, compared with what the actual psd source shows. Please refund immediately or require author to provide what’s shown, and remove from marketplace since false advertising, and/or fix. ........

Thoughts?

thanks – and otherwise, happy new years’ everyone. If your text styles graphic file shows lots of lens flares and other effects, that’s part of the graphic I’m expecting to get, since that’s what’s shown in the legally-compliant/binding preview image. If you fail to include this, you’d at least need to have a clear disclaimer saying “file sold is not as shown”, and also have a thumbnail/preview of exactly what we Are paying for. I’m sure http://www.accc.gov.au/ would agree (Australia’s consumer protection agency).

1238 posts
  • Forum Superstar
graphic4444 says

Happy new years’ everyone – here’s to shared success ahead in 2014 :)

1238 posts
  • Forum Superstar
graphic4444 says

Hi everyone, I just wanted to wish you all the best for a merry Christmas, Happy holidays coming up next week. It’s great being part of the world’s top creative community, as a buyer here, you all inspire me and so many others, to produce great content.

Have an outstanding holiday season ahead!

WHAT ARE YOU DOING for the holidays? (besides drinking, lol). Post in the thread here, let’s hear it…I’m curious. Got fun plans? Tell us!

Me I’m gonna play guitar a lot, and videogames.

to a happy season—stay safe out there on the roads…

-ken

1238 posts
  • Forum Superstar
graphic4444 says

Star Wars Empire Strikes Back, MIB, Matrix, Pacific Rim, Barbarella, Flash Gordon, new Star Trek one… for tv, Cleopatra 2525, ST: Voyager, Battlestar, ST:TOS, Lexx…there’s so many

1238 posts
  • Forum Superstar
graphic4444 says

good idea, anything to help streamline/organize nav/favorites/search is a plus, well done

1238 posts
  • Forum Superstar
graphic4444 says

use a programmers’ site that has built-in escrow, and don’t do lots of work for unknown people; always get half upfront

by
by
by
by
by
by