Posts by graphic4444

1265 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

all of us here in the USA use/prefer 29.97/30fps 23/25 looks too choppy in comparison on our monitors

1265 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

thanks very much – will try! :)

1265 posts
graphic4444 says

hi – thanks… and actually good timing on your answer, thanks, since it’s The7 I’ll be using for my new main business site :) just bought a 2nd license yesterday, best theme in the world imho. if i could ask, what exactly would I put in the .htaccess to specify index.html as main page that loads, vs wordpress index.php, while in development?

thx… k

1265 posts
graphic4444 says

hi Chris, thanks very much – yes that’s a big help…it’s a major project, so I wanted to get some tips on how to do it right… great points; thank you for the insights, it helps.

1265 posts
graphic4444 says

i know this has been asked before, hoping there’s some new tips:

a) my current main business site is html.

b) I want to create an all-new WP theme based site at root for the company, at mydomain.com (for example)

c) it’s going to take a long time to adapt the theme from here to final public-ready version

d) I can’t install in root while I develop it, and I’d rather not run it from localserver on my pc w/local server…

e) what’s the best way to do this? install in root/temp (like at www.mydomain.com/temp/ while i work on it, then somehow migrate/move it to root once it’s ready to go live, after testing/coding/dev work?)

any good ideas for how to run my main company html site over next couple months and also behind the scenes work on new WP version?

thanks,

ken

1265 posts
graphic4444 says

hi, do any of the current top sliders or themes (revolution/layer) or others do this effect, like at amazon prime? it’s neat to have multiple rows of thumbnais like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Prime-Instant-Video/b/ref=sv_atv_0?_encoding=UTF8&node=2676882011
1265 posts
graphic4444 says

i would never want to pay a subscription fee, never would I pay for CC. I use CS6 and that’s fine, with look! no monthly @#$ fees. i hate people having a hand in my wallet every month, no CC for me, ever

1265 posts
graphic4444 says

that’s a good question, especially if it’s something like an infringing video clip or other media that some dishonest person uploaded to sell here, claiming as their own… then gets taken down when true copyright owner sends DMCA to envato… what happens to buyers? We don’t want to use infringing content on our sites, I’d suggest that if that occurs, at least envato notifies buyers and issues store credit for any content that was posted for sale here, that should’nt be. any word, envato staff? tia

1265 posts
graphic4444 says

the world has millions of idiots, sadly, lol. thousands rip content and think they’re getting away with it. for those that do, be warned that when police/law enforcement do what’s called an “ISP discovery”/technical audit, they also locate IP addresses of those who illegally download, for prosecution (as well as the uploaders). remember the situations of the illegal downloaders of mp3s that the MPAA continuously goes after.

just buy what you need, be honest and not a thief, and everyone’s happy. Everyone should look at themselves in the mirror, honestly, and be sure the person looking back is honest, decent and doesn’t steal from others. Piracy is stealing; some of us go after the thieves and make them pay, w/law enforcement actions (which stays on your record for life, impacting employment/credit/etc).

1265 posts
graphic4444 says

On the contrary, I’ve been successfully sending hundreds of DMCAs for years, and it’s significantly helped my sales (in my business). I also report pirate sites to police in country of origin and vigorously takedown pirates and prosecute them. It’s my livelihood to protect, so I’m damn good at it.

Pirates are scum. Piracy is leeching from cheap freeloaders who should be jailed. I do my part to report blackhat forums, pirate sites and more to law enforcement agencies as well as send DMCAs. I’m quite good at it. Pirates who get jail time (or more often, probation plus monitoring of their internet activity) are taken out of the equation.

Time to take out the trash. Piracy is scum and I vigorously take them down, hard. Have for many years. Being online fulltime for over a decade, I’ve seen it all. If we don’t collectively fight piracy as hard as I do, your content ends up doing what happened to the adult/xxx industry, it’s been decimated because people didn’t fight piracy and now there’s so much on ‘tube sites there’s been a huge drop in subscription sales. We don’t want that to happen here.

Envato’s authors work hard—I’m a top buyer and support authors’ rights to a piracy-free ‘net, because it’s their livelihood. Be honest, be fair, fight pirates and take the scumbags down. I do. They’re shocked, I’m told, when they get a local police officer showing up to their flat/apartment with an ISP warrant and hauled off for illegal content distribution/piracy. I laugh at pirate’s downfall.

Step 1: See a pirate site? Look up their domain info via ping/tracing (whois data is often phony), or other sites like ip2location.com after pinging to find location.

Step 2: Send DMCA both to their site location listed but also check who.godaddy.com or similar to find official email, and .cc your DMCA there.

Step 3: If they fail to take it down, google “police office” “cybercrime division” in the city in which they are reported to be location via ping/whois.

Step 4: screencap/pdf save evidence of piracy on their site

Step 5: Phone the police in their city, ask for ‘cybercrime division’ and offer to email the investigating officer copies of the DMCA/illegal pirate information.

Step 6: Ask for a case number, to ensure they follow up, and record the info for investigation.

Step 7: Be patient, it’s not their top priority so may take several months before police contact you again, for any other info.

Step 8: Let the police do their job, when taking down pirates and forwarding info to their PA/prosecuting atty’s office for criminal prosecution.

Voila! Pirates get busted, often it’s stupid poor young people who think they’re being cool or can get away with it. PIrates who go after my stuff get busted and taken down. Fight piracy hard, folks. It matters. Otherwise look at the adult industry, it’s been decimated. Take regular action to kill pirate sites and take legal/criminal prosecution action to ‘take out the trash’. It counts.

-k

by
by
by
by
by
by