Posts by graphic4444

1290 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

I’m one of Envato’s top buyers, I’ve spent thousands here over the last 7 years. Thanks for your customer appreciation; I’ve bought more than most anyone else has in the world. I appreciate the kind words and gratitude for all the money I’ve spent here.

Hint: insulting your #1 top customer is probably not a good idea…what do all the other buyers think? Buyers speak up!

Sellers: “greed is good, jack up prices, wee!”

Buyers: You gotta be kidding. In this economy? Really?

1290 posts
graphic4444 says

From a buyers’ perspective, I’ll just buy less items at higher prices. I spend the same amount, roughly, each month.

Raising prices does not mean buyers spend more Overall; we just become more selective (as I did after the last price increase), and spend the same amount/budget per month.

So if pre-price increase I bought 5 items per month at $20 each = $100, at new pricing I’ll just buy 4 items per month at $25 each = $100, just one less author gets paid.

I’m a top buyer here, I won’t spend more overall just because of arbitrary price hikes, I’ll just buy FEWER Items, to stay within fixed monthly budget.

It’s the same issue if people want higher salaries at a company, instead of 25 employees at old lower salary now they just hire 20 at higher salary (and fire the other 5), so the money is the same…just fewer people benefit.

Raising prices in the world’s worst economy is a mistake. I stopped buying at certain photo micro-stock sites altogether when they raised prices, though I’d spent thousands a year pre-price hike. Their price-hike greed pissed me off and now I seldom buy there, dropping my spends almost completely.

Old Envato: Low prices + top quality + high quantity of sales = win-win

New prices: Higher prices + top quality + lower quantity of sales = lose-lose

I’ve slashed my Envato spending by over 30% since the last round of price hikes, and will continue to buy LESS if you arbitrarily keep raising prices; it doesn’t make sense. I used to buy a lot here, much less recently in 2014… don’t kill the golden goose. You encourage a lot of buying when pricing is low, when you jack up prices we run away. That’s the truth, as you’ve seen similar posts by other buyers here in the thread. Think big picture… just sayin’

...having said that I’m still your biggest fan, I love the authors and your stuff here, guys, I’ve spent a fortune here, happily, since the early flashden days—envato authors rock. :)

1290 posts
graphic4444 says

sax, guitar, keyboards… lots of fun

1290 posts
graphic4444 says

I’ve spent the last 15+ years working from home, making a bundle, works great. Main thing is private room for office, and have 2-3 monitors. And LOTS of COFFEE. :)

1290 posts
graphic4444 says

good job, l like the masking, thx for sharing it

1290 posts
graphic4444 says

great to finally see this, I’ve been here daily for years, it makes for a much much better browsing experience… thanks again!

1290 posts
graphic4444 says

Its summer time so people don’t give a sh*t.

+1

1290 posts
graphic4444 says

Money and happy customers makes me happy. So to fight depression, I create new products and offer them for sale. mostly ‘getting things done’ and having meaningful projects and clear goals, something to work towards, are often good spirit/cheer-boosters.

1290 posts
graphic4444 says

my kid’s in school all day, so that’s a big help.. and i live in a huge 4,000 sft mcmansion, so that helps… great photos in the thread

although I work 12-14 hour days, i always make time to spend with family; work will always be there, i’m a self-made entrepreneur but Family comes first :)

whenever i think about buying a new VH ae template for example I ask my kid to let me know if it’s cool or not, if it passes the ‘teenage kid thinks it’s cool test’ then I buy

1290 posts
graphic4444 says

thanks for finally implementing it four years after I, and others, requested it… should speed up browsing a lot and will probably increase your sales 8-12% minimum this year… nice job, works great – thanks! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by