Posts by graphic4444

1238 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Forum Superstar
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

there should be some way to audit/check that envato templates are in fact being bought Every time a new client video is created; I’d be suspicious that they likely just buy it once and keep reusing it, like the five dollar place does

1238 posts
  • Forum Superstar
graphic4444 says

i’ve been buying significantly less here this past six months since the price increases; much more selective. in fact all my buying has dropped 30%+ across envato marketplaces due to price increases… chase away buyers and we stop buying (economics 101). i wish people would understand that when you raise taxes or prices, the result isn’t more money and sales, it often backfires and leads to lower sales, due to less buying activity overall.

1238 posts
  • Forum Superstar
graphic4444 says

lol vf thx +1

key to success in biz is FOCUS. too many internal ads and you get frustrated customers, lost/cannabalized sales and splintered efforts

1238 posts
  • Forum Superstar
graphic4444 says

I agree completely. Why on earth does page navigation suffer for an ad box? :confused: Makes even less sense on VideoHive as there are currently no video editing services on Microlancer. Buyers scrolling to bottom of a video/template page are presented with print and web customization services – the very definition of ‘spam’.

+1

and thx doru, hadn’t seen that thread or I’d just have added to that, agree w/you :)

1238 posts
  • Forum Superstar
graphic4444 says

and here i thought i was the only one who noticed… pointed it out to my wife months ago and she shrugged.

we’ve all got too much time on our hands, lol. the curse of us graphically gifted i guess :)

1238 posts
  • Forum Superstar
graphic4444 says

I’d recommend envato remove that big honking “microlancer” box ad at the bottom of the page.. because it makes it very much harder to find the “next page” button to click on to look at more projects. it clutters the site, like that top bar with all the other sites on it.

clean is in, cluttered is out… just my .02

when as a buyer i look at:

http://videohive.net/category/after-effects-project-files

and then want to click on page 2 link, I’ve gotta navigate around, scroll lower to find it.. that’s a saleskiller from site usability standpoint

1238 posts
  • Forum Superstar
graphic4444 says

for years I’ve recommended that, as any business should, envato should do quick online CUSTOMER SURVEYS once a year or so… you’d get so much more information than simply relying on us vocal few forum posters… try using surveygizmo or surveymonkey—or just a simple set of forms on the site

1238 posts
  • Forum Superstar
graphic4444 says

i always go to vegas, great idea. for meeting space use the MGM Grand (inexpensive and great facility)

1238 posts
  • Forum Superstar
graphic4444 says

agree good list :)

1238 posts
  • Forum Superstar
graphic4444 says

good to know it; thanks – I should get into an apple store someday and give the new ones a chance, to check them out… I used one of the original macs back in 1991 was the last time, in college, lol, so they’ve probably come a long way since then :p

by
by
by
by
by
by