Posts by graphic4444

1395 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 6
  • Community Superstar
  • Super Copyright Ninja
graphic4444
says

thanks – I didn’t know of that style, ‘pinterest’....i’ve heard of masonry/grid layouts

1395 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 6
  • Community Superstar
  • Super Copyright Ninja
graphic4444
says

hi -

this is a neat-looking movie/celebrity site:

http://www.zergnet.com

is there a WP plugin or theme (prefer plugin) that could create this look? w/recent posts

1395 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 6
  • Community Superstar
  • Super Copyright Ninja
graphic4444
says

the authors here for the most part are also raising serious concerns about this.

it feels/looks like just a way for envato to try and get more money, without considering fully the compliance issues re: grandfathered earlier purchases, and author support-impact concerns (most of which are very valid).

i agree it would be a VERY good idea to Survey both authors + buyers and get opinions from more (not just us forum-posters), and hold off on implementing until you get a better picture of all concerns.

for now it just looks like a 30% money-grab that fails to address everyone’s honest concerns. The predominant feedback so far is NO we don’t like your idea, envato. Back to the drawing board (or you’ll likely see a lot of buyers/authors leaving).

Corporate greed = evil. Why on earth would you pocket a huge 30% fee anyways for doing nearly nothing? Or start charging us longtime loyal buyers for support that was free for years in the first place? Epic Fail. :(

As one of your top longtime buyers for 7+ years, I guarantee I’ll spend a Lot less here if you tack on moneygrabbing support charges. Likely you’ll scare away other buyers, too. That’s the honest truth of the matter.

1395 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 6
  • Community Superstar
  • Super Copyright Ninja
graphic4444
says

don’t forget: LEGENDARY :)

or awesome, amazing, ‘mega’...

1395 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 6
  • Community Superstar
  • Super Copyright Ninja
graphic4444
says

Many of us top buyers purchased BECAUSE in large part of the included ongoing help in comments area and included ongoing updates (compared to competitor’s sites).

On behalf of all buyers, I can tell you that was a key part of our purchasing decision, and was what existed when we purchased hundreds of items.

By trade law, You can’t all of a sudden just arbitrarily put a time-limited 6 month cap on what had been free, for earlier/grandfathered purchases. You can do that for new purchases, but not for pre-existing purchases; that’s a trade law violation and customers will likely complain to FTC/ACCC (leading to fines/sanctions against envato/authors).

[Links removed. Please stay on topic. Thanks!]

If I bought with “x” included, you can’t now start arbitrarily post-purchase take that away or tack on extra charges that weren’t there when I bought: that’s an ‘implied Breach of Contract” under US/AU consumer trade law. When I bought, there was no added charge or time limits (support via comments + updates were included). Check with legal counsel. What counts is ‘what was typical at point-of-sale/time-of-purchase’. You need to honor commitments both express AND implied to buyers at time of purchase. You cannot add new charges or otherwise limit what was offered/provided as an included part of purchase at time of sale for prior purchases. It would be like buying Windows 10 software one-time, then a year later Microsoft decides to start charging monthly fees to continue using it; that would likely be a trade-law violation.

Envato, I request that you honor what was in place, typical comments-thread support +updates, when I bought, because that’s a large reason Why I bought so much.

1395 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 6
  • Community Superstar
  • Super Copyright Ninja
graphic4444
says

good idea, though many top authors may not speak English well, or at all, not sure how it would work for them?

1395 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 6
  • Community Superstar
  • Super Copyright Ninja
graphic4444
says

as the top (?) ae-buyer, I agree prices are getting lower, but so also is recent quality, with many files that aren’t nearly as good quality, from new authors, compared to 3-4 years ago…that’s probably part of it.

problem is, it discourages top talented guys from producing, so now it’s a lot of soso quality files, which is why i hardly buy anymore

what happened to great projects like these?

http://videohive.net/item/my-new-york/242422 http://videohive.net/item/my-las-vegas/1837343

probably, top-quality authors are no longer motivated since it disappears from page 1 in a day, unlike good old times

1395 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 6
  • Community Superstar
  • Super Copyright Ninja
graphic4444
says

it’s usually a function of design quality; a killer top-quality scene, even if repeated, is worth more than a so-so animation sequence

1395 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 6
  • Community Superstar
  • Super Copyright Ninja
graphic4444
says
1395 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 6
  • Community Superstar
  • Super Copyright Ninja
graphic4444
says

one thing I do in my business is Block IP addresses (at a server level, plus via security scripts) of bad people

by
by
by
by
by
by