Posts by graphic4444

1360 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Achieved the monthly Community Superstar Award
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444
says

I agree I don’t believe anyone should ever share in any way, a source file they bought here… if I create an advertisement for a client, and use a modified logo introduction aep from a source aep I bought here to produce that logo introduction, like any graphics designer would, I certainly wouldn’t share the source aep files or other footage (or audio files, or royalty free video I’d gotten elsewhere etc, or flash .fla source for flash projects, etc etc)... the Deliverable to a client who hires a motion graphics designer to create a video spot, is the final .mov video file only, not the video plus all the sources…. it would be helpful to get envato’s take on this. In checking with other places I buy from that sell aeps, that’s the process they use/approve for their buyers.

A working motion graphics design company’s process is:

a) Get the client’s requirements for the video commercial advertisement they want produced (for example a product promo spot, or a local tv station video for a car commercial etc)

b) Design company (that would be me), creates a couple of storyboard sample layouts for the customer to review, and finalize the design specs on. Would use say elements from 3 different project aeps here, rf audio/video from other places, and customize everything for client, for a final 30-second video commercial spot, that the client could use a) on the internet or b) for broadcast, depending on project.

c) Design company produces watermarked near-final production video for client (this would have for example a couple of modified vh aeps in it, a royalty free audio track from a different place, a couple of royalty free videos, like you guys use from dj in promo spots)

d) Client approves final video commercial; pays design company balance of fee

e) Design company delivers 1280×1024 (or whatever) resolution final .mov/.avi video to client via download area on their server.

Design company never gives source aeps, source rf audio/video files to client of course; the deliverable for a commercial video project that design companies produce is the final compiled video, not video + all the sources. And of course a commercial production company would not want to reveal where they got their sources, eg “hey Mr. Fortune 500 client, I bought a couple of aeps from videohive, got my royalty free audio from (another site), and this stock video footage from (another site)”... instead those sources are always kept confidential (or else the client would just take the project in-house and not hire external motion graphics designers).

Ask any motion graphics design company that produces commercials, that’s the process, right buyers? Anyways it would be good to hear licensing guidelines from envato regarding this.

The reason for this marketplace, to sell source aeps, is mainly for motion video production companies who modify the project files for clients, I’d think… exactly like flash site designers who buy .flas on AD, the end products they create for clients would be .swfs, they wouldn’t/shouldn’t share the source flas.

Can we/I get some licensing guideline clarifiication regarding how a company who buys these aep projects here to modify for use in client projects, as part of complete commercials, would work?

-k

1360 posts
graphic4444
says

Hi Mark,

Thanks for some initial guidelines. Any thoughts on how all this would work in context of, if I set up a motion graphics design services company for clients? I’d have some commercials I’d have demo reels for on my site.

The service would include creating a 2-10 minute video commercial for clients, and would incorporate:

a) components from 5-6 different projects from here plus b) royalty free video clips from other sites plus c) client-supplied logo psds and their footage plus d) voiceover work I’d contract out elsewhere and e) rf audio from other places I’ve bought

So this is for example for a client project that would be paying me $2-$10K to create an internet commercial, which would include elements from templates I’d get here. The DELIVERABLE to the CLIENT is ONLY a movie file, the .mov, never all the sources of course—that’s not how advertising/commercial production companies work. The deliverable is the final video file for the client, never the sources. Just like here, you producers can’t include the audio file used in the demo, if it’s something you bought/licensed elsewhere.

Obviously I don’t want to tell clients where I got source files from (same as if I were buying flash buttons on activeden.net for client’s flash project work), or say “hey mister corporate client by the way I’m just modifying templates I got over at vh for ya” with other work… so how would you suggest I proceed, for example creating an advertising agency/creative commercial site service, and maintain the right licensing boundaries from here, without revealing where I got source materials from?

For now I just use the projects I buy here in my own company’s video commercials, just wondering how it would work if I created a motion graphics design company, that would use various elements from vh projects in them? Talking to other rf aep sites there’s no boundaries, so just wanted to see what the situation is here. I’d sent in a support ticket but didn’t get a detailed answer.

I posted a similar query here but didn’t get a response from vh, please advise,thanks: http://videohive.net/forums/thread/if-i-were-to-create-a-motion-gfx-design-companyservices-what-are-the-licensing-considerations-wprojects-from-here/30769

Likely many of the buyers, the market here, as is the case at other sites that sell royalty-free AEPs, is for motion graphics designers who buy them in order to include them in customized videos they make for clients (eg wedding video intros, or commercial ad spots); and of course nobody wants to reveal where they get their source aeps from to clients; the Deliverable to the client is simply the final .mov/video file, not all the components (rf audio clips, video clips, aep/motion graphics sources etc). That’s how motion graphics design services companies work. Please advise, thanks.

thx,

-k

1360 posts
graphic4444
says

yes, doing long term things like jobs and training them, vs responding to the millions of people who say “I’m poor give me a handout”, is the only way to make them independent… of course if there’s a flood or something, or old people or kids that’s something different… it’s important to help people, it just has to be done in a way that’s not maintaining welfare/dependency vs systemic changes.. of course that’s just my opinion, there’s many people who want to give to homeless and others like that, and that’s certainly their right… its not my place to tell people how to spend their money… just personally I like to give to folks who will use it for something good, and become hard working and self-sufficient if helped, vs always in need with no work ethic, type of distinction.

1360 posts
graphic4444
says

yes of course designers buy aeps here specifically to use in creating client commercials; the only thing they can’t do, is also give them the source aep … and limit one client project per purchase w/o extended, is my understanding.

1360 posts
graphic4444
says

hi guys, will do – thanks… it would be great to be able to quickly play mov files, without the cumbersome load times, for scanning.

also found this thread: http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/288808-mov-thumbnail-preview

googling” windows explorer .mov quicktime thumbnails”

thx re QuickThumb.dll – works good for mov thumbnails in win explorer – great free file, thx.

checking out http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ VLC player too for multiformat playback

1360 posts
graphic4444
says

Hi -

Any suggestions on a fast, quick loading, fast playing .mov thumbnail player software?

Seems like clicking on individual movs in windows explorer and waiting for QT to load each time takes forever. And I never got comfortable with the adobe media manager or whatever it’s called, seems slow to load and browse media.

I’d like something that for example lets me see hundreds of thumbnails of movs that are in a subdirectory and click on them to play them back quickly.

It would be helpful to have some kind of software that plays back mov files from a thumbnail view quickly (kind of like digital juice’s juicer does, but for all movs).

Anyone have a favorite mov viewer that shows contact pages of thumbnails to scan through, for rapidly being able to scan through mov screecaps and when clicked on, quickly plays the mov in a movie player?

thx,

k

1360 posts
graphic4444
says

I’d like to show people in poverty things like “how to get a job” information versus handouts since that keeps them dependent, poor and/or lazy. right re charity fraud (google “charity fraud”) ...

One Exception: for things like natural disaster relief, that would be better, and/or for kids’s support, if there was some way to ensure money gets to the victims of floods/fires/famines instead of warlords or conmen or multigenerational welfare recipients like it often does…

the solution for “anti-poverty” is Get a Freaking Job… and Work, like the rest of us…at least big picture I think… :o

In the charitable giving I do, it’s for things like kids’ libraries to help them buy books, and be productive, vs handouts… I believe in charitable donations, but done right vs just giving away money to poor people since they’ll stay poor anyways… at least it’s good to give $ to things like libraries, children’s hospitals, and natural disaster relief (which they have no control over), vs welfare type charity handouts…

1360 posts
graphic4444
says

quick idea here, it may be worth creating things like “Sparks Pack 1” or “OF Wipes v1” type packs of 3 to 5 effects with alpha for sale, for you producers… I’m always looking for those type of elements, I have many from various sources, am always looking for more, like compositor elements for AE… or would be fine just as alpha-channel .movs, don’t even need to be aeps… ideas?

1360 posts
graphic4444
says

http://www.cafepress.com/ is great for this kind of thing, all envato needs to do is basically upload their logo/slogan graphic and set it up, they would get a percentage of sales, it’s on demand so no inventory, basically upload a png, write a description, post the link to the sites here, for mugs/tshirts… cafepress fulfills and ships.

you might also want to hire models to show off the tshirts, like bob parsons (godaddy.com) does in his neat video blog: http://www.bobparsons.me/index.php?ci=13338&id=-1

1360 posts
graphic4444
says

thanks guys – great ideas brock re camera swings and m-blur, thanks… always good to get feedback re how to improve stuff… it’s fun to make these project compositions

by
by
by
by
by
by