Posts by graphic4444

1355 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

Hi -

Any suggestions on a fast, quick loading, fast playing .mov thumbnail player software?

Seems like clicking on individual movs in windows explorer and waiting for QT to load each time takes forever. And I never got comfortable with the adobe media manager or whatever it’s called, seems slow to load and browse media.

I’d like something that for example lets me see hundreds of thumbnails of movs that are in a subdirectory and click on them to play them back quickly.

It would be helpful to have some kind of software that plays back mov files from a thumbnail view quickly (kind of like digital juice’s juicer does, but for all movs).

Anyone have a favorite mov viewer that shows contact pages of thumbnails to scan through, for rapidly being able to scan through mov screecaps and when clicked on, quickly plays the mov in a movie player?

thx,

k

1355 posts
graphic4444 says

I’d like to show people in poverty things like “how to get a job” information versus handouts since that keeps them dependent, poor and/or lazy. right re charity fraud (google “charity fraud”) ...

One Exception: for things like natural disaster relief, that would be better, and/or for kids’s support, if there was some way to ensure money gets to the victims of floods/fires/famines instead of warlords or conmen or multigenerational welfare recipients like it often does…

the solution for “anti-poverty” is Get a Freaking Job… and Work, like the rest of us…at least big picture I think… :o

In the charitable giving I do, it’s for things like kids’ libraries to help them buy books, and be productive, vs handouts… I believe in charitable donations, but done right vs just giving away money to poor people since they’ll stay poor anyways… at least it’s good to give $ to things like libraries, children’s hospitals, and natural disaster relief (which they have no control over), vs welfare type charity handouts…

1355 posts
graphic4444 says

quick idea here, it may be worth creating things like “Sparks Pack 1” or “OF Wipes v1” type packs of 3 to 5 effects with alpha for sale, for you producers… I’m always looking for those type of elements, I have many from various sources, am always looking for more, like compositor elements for AE… or would be fine just as alpha-channel .movs, don’t even need to be aeps… ideas?

1355 posts
graphic4444 says

http://www.cafepress.com/ is great for this kind of thing, all envato needs to do is basically upload their logo/slogan graphic and set it up, they would get a percentage of sales, it’s on demand so no inventory, basically upload a png, write a description, post the link to the sites here, for mugs/tshirts… cafepress fulfills and ships.

you might also want to hire models to show off the tshirts, like bob parsons (godaddy.com) does in his neat video blog: http://www.bobparsons.me/index.php?ci=13338&id=-1

1355 posts
graphic4444 says

thanks guys – great ideas brock re camera swings and m-blur, thanks… always good to get feedback re how to improve stuff… it’s fun to make these project compositions

1355 posts
graphic4444 says

hi -

here’s an example of a quick little video outro I did today from 2 files I’d bought here:

you can download it here at my new site: http://www.stunfx.com/StunFXOutro.wmv (9 megs, 13 seconds)

(it’ll be at vimeo soon at: http://www.vimeo.com/14653653 )

thanks to Motionworks and blend4design from whom I bought the files here:

http://videohive.net/item/sepia-golden-ocean-storm-sunrise/121631 http://videohive.net/item/damage-project-hd/97417

I chose these because the colors were complementary, and I thought using the ocean footage with a push-in, techno sound track would be cool… I’ll likely use this as an outro/demo reel example…

what do you think? it’s ‘just ok’, needs a bit of work (spark doesn’t make sense where it’s at, need to delete a bit of the start and update the font, plus add a damaged/film noir overlay to give it more analog feel, plus a bit o smoke ambience, plus a rack focus pull on the background and hey maybe an of/lf too for the heck of it lol)..

I just wanted to show you guys how I combine project elements to make final video spots, this is a quickie ‘banged it out’ type one. my talent is taking bits and pieces and making magic… :)

thx,

k

1355 posts
graphic4444 says

good advice from everyone here, that’s why the programmer bid boards have an escrow service, where coders bid on a project and the client has to put the (entire) amount in escrow account so that they have to pay.

I’d a) require a contract b) require at least 20-30% upfront deposit and c) make sure they can see a portfolio of your work first, so they know what kind of quality you produce.

there’s BOTH bad clients (deadbeats, freebie-moochers), and bad producers (don’t deliver on time, flake out, or don’t produce good quality). protect yourself.

1355 posts
graphic4444 says

thanks all – and good point re as quality gets better; it’s really evolved a lot, the whole envato marketplaces the last couple of years, from primarily FD/flash to all the video, audio and other markets envato has set up. I’m here daily all the time, my favorite place online to check out all the time, the marketplaces here, as you authors are very talented, it’s great to see such inspiration and quality (and it keeps getting better and better).

I try to always leave feedback too, to help give specific ideas re what looked best, what motivated me to buy a specific asset here, in the hopes that it’ll help guide artiists in deciding what to make, from buyer’s standpoint. Getting useful customer feedback is hard (in all industries, I use to be a consultant w/140+ corporate clients years ago), so I want to do what I can to help share candid/constructive comments.

Keep up the great work, everyone – it’s a super team effort from everyone, world-class example of “how to do it right”.

heck I haven’t even visited another flash marketplace in years, though I used to buy from most of them; FD/AD is now the only place I look for flash, for example. keep it up! world domination is just a step away lol. You guys (and gals) rock.

-k

1355 posts
graphic4444 says

hey thanks – that makes my day. eventually I’ll put together a graphics/video production biz and hopefully outsource a bunch of work to everyone here too… lots of upside/opportunities out there for everyone.

-k

1355 posts
graphic4444 says

definitely would be nice to see more games, I’ve bought a lot here, they’re great… looking for a tetris clone at the moment myself

by
by
by
by
by
by