Posts by graphic4444

1285 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

Very nice job on that trailer! Especially good starting :35 or so w/sparkles and video overlay w/fire, it’s subtle and well done… good impact. Possibly re interview questions depending on what they are, and as long as I maintain anonymity of name/process/usage etc. Glad to be of help.

-k

1285 posts
graphic4444 says

just post whatever you want feedback on here is fine… right re pls don’t share/disclose my email or other personal info… i like being anonymous…

anyways good idea re time limited bundles and sales are always a proven way to increase response…

1285 posts
graphic4444 says
Sometimes the buyer thinks 1 star is the best rating… :)

I think that’s correct – envato, you might want to do something like a) make it clearer with larger text etc or alternate for non english speakers what a 1 vs 5 rating means… and b) follow up manually with 1-star raters and ask “did you really mean to give this file the Lowest rating possible?”.

I’m sure that would fix 80%+ of these. And agree only a real a-hole would rate something 1-star after buying it… you can hear the whole thing to begin with, so you’d only buy if you really liked it, right? It’s likely just a misunderstanding re 1 vs 5 star what it means, from folks for whom english is 2nd language buyers and didn’t understand rating stars.

sellers, I’d contact envato to ask for help w/1-star ratings resolve them/remove/fix.

1285 posts
graphic4444 says

good points, agree re price/quality and first time buyer’s experience and positioning.

I find it surprising that sales overall haven’t been higher here, as there’s a lot of great projects and many/most projects, even very good ones, do under 10-20 sales total. maybe it’s the economy…. with this recession/depression, it’s very hard to sell, and for us buyers to buy (my customers are buying less from me, so I have less to spend here). There’s thousands of motion gfx designers, and website owners, and revo does a good job of traffic-generation with google adwords and other means, so it’s a bit surprising sales stay so low.

so having unique, very high quality projects seems to be the best approach, as there’s limited demand for Anything in this economy… so only the best quality will sell. hitting the rare homerun is a bonanza for high quality projects here, you can make thousands if you’ve got a hit… but most only sell a handful right now at least.

idea: have time-limited bundle offers and discounts/promos to spur sales.

-k

1285 posts
graphic4444 says

no, just as a /the top buyer, would like to encourage everyone (newbies included) to focus and spend more time creating truly great projects, vs cranking out derivative/copycat/low quality stuff which has been a lot lately, imho….

-k

1285 posts
graphic4444 says

now you guys have me wanting to watch my star wars movies again, Empire Strikes Back was the best… “fight the dark side, or consume you it will” (re crappy ae projects, gotta stop here lol – only let in higher quality projects)....

-k

1285 posts
graphic4444 says

you can definitely keep the “quantity” of mediocre projects by newbies OUT of this marketplace… what we as buyers want are High Quality innovative projects… not the crap that’s been cluttering this place lately… and has no sales… the marketplace speaks, right?

low price junky ripoff imitator files or poorly designed “by newbie” ones only detract from sales and attention for the high quality folks, and the brand here, and ultimately the site’s success. keep it focused on high quality, vs “mass quantities of crappy newbie-generated ae files”. Remember what happened to that other ae project site that “merged” with envato awhile back that had low quality files that had to go out of business and sell out here, and of course those newbie-generated bad project files didn’t sell at all?

Lesson learned. Keep the crap out. Please. High quality counts. Buyers don’t want to have to sort through a bunch of bad/low quality projects to find the gems. Our time is limited. Don’t waste buyers, and new authors’ time by allowing them to create and post junk here that has ZERO sales anyways, instead make them focus on creating high quality, or going elsewhere. The marketplace rewards excellence and strategic Focus… I’d like to see fewer, but higher quality files from seasoned authors here, not make it a free for all with low quality files from newbies that can’t produce professional grade projects… they don’t sell anyways, so let’s not waste everyone’s time.

That’s my blunt .02… have a great weekend :)

-k

1285 posts
graphic4444 says
Always keep your customer in mind. This is not about what you CAN create, but what buyer NEEDS .

Well said – those are words to live by, to run your business by.

1285 posts
graphic4444 says

quality sells… (remember back when you guys bought out/whatever the low-quality ae files from another site along time ago? did Any of those sell? not much, if at all…)...important to keep the quality bar raised very high, is important, so skilled authors and great projects get the attention/sales they deserve… you might want to have on the project files page, some way to do a 2-way display, so top of the page shows 15 most recent over-$20 files, and bottom of the page shows most-recent 15 under-$20 files; that way the better quality files would get more exposure time at the top, eg on this page at:

http://videohive.net/category/project-files

current layout: “everything in here, 30 projects, sorted by most recent”

proposed layout to test:

“most-recent over-$20 project files” at top of page

“most-recent under-$20 project files” at bottom of page

the net effect is that the higher quality over-$20 project files will stick around at the top of the page a bit longer, while still giving time-based exposure to everyone, at bottom of page

and again, personally I don’t even look at the homepage here, just that page above, other buyers may be the same

1285 posts
graphic4444 says

hi – though I’m not willing to pay for a custom-designed project, an idea is that someone might want to make a flash menu that mimics the envato marketplace switcher, it may sell well… I’ve got a lot of sites and don’t want to dhtml-code the same thing, but a flash menu that works and acts just like the envato switcher may do well if anyone wants to give it a shot… just a minor mod of a vertical drop down menu type project

by
by
by
by
by
by