Posts by graphic4444

1349 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

good advice from everyone here, that’s why the programmer bid boards have an escrow service, where coders bid on a project and the client has to put the (entire) amount in escrow account so that they have to pay.

I’d a) require a contract b) require at least 20-30% upfront deposit and c) make sure they can see a portfolio of your work first, so they know what kind of quality you produce.

there’s BOTH bad clients (deadbeats, freebie-moochers), and bad producers (don’t deliver on time, flake out, or don’t produce good quality). protect yourself.

1349 posts
graphic4444 says

thanks all – and good point re as quality gets better; it’s really evolved a lot, the whole envato marketplaces the last couple of years, from primarily FD/flash to all the video, audio and other markets envato has set up. I’m here daily all the time, my favorite place online to check out all the time, the marketplaces here, as you authors are very talented, it’s great to see such inspiration and quality (and it keeps getting better and better).

I try to always leave feedback too, to help give specific ideas re what looked best, what motivated me to buy a specific asset here, in the hopes that it’ll help guide artiists in deciding what to make, from buyer’s standpoint. Getting useful customer feedback is hard (in all industries, I use to be a consultant w/140+ corporate clients years ago), so I want to do what I can to help share candid/constructive comments.

Keep up the great work, everyone – it’s a super team effort from everyone, world-class example of “how to do it right”.

heck I haven’t even visited another flash marketplace in years, though I used to buy from most of them; FD/AD is now the only place I look for flash, for example. keep it up! world domination is just a step away lol. You guys (and gals) rock.

-k

1349 posts
graphic4444 says

hey thanks – that makes my day. eventually I’ll put together a graphics/video production biz and hopefully outsource a bunch of work to everyone here too… lots of upside/opportunities out there for everyone.

-k

1349 posts
graphic4444 says

definitely would be nice to see more games, I’ve bought a lot here, they’re great… looking for a tetris clone at the moment myself

1349 posts
graphic4444 says

thanks all, good points… I’m at 815 objects bought so far… I’ve just used a fraction of those in production, but at least I’ve got a great library of assets to use; it’s a matter of finding projects/sites I run to use them in… so far it’s been great, makes a big difference.

-k

1349 posts
graphic4444 says

Hi -

I just imported my “account history” into an excel spreadsheet, all my purchases here and I’ve spent a total of $7,370 on envato purchases in the last 2 years alone… (sheesh!)... but it’s been well worth it; mostly buying flash files here initially, then during the last year or so, mostly at videohive and GR. Everything I’ve bought here has really helped my businesses (confidential), in this economy… so thanks to all for your support and ongoing creative energy… it’s much appreciated – keep up the great work, and I’ll keep on spending.

to profits,

k

1349 posts
graphic4444 says

i don’t like price increases… still good values though…will just buy less to compensate I suppose :o

1349 posts
graphic4444 says

hi – quick suggestion here, one thing I and other buyers may be interested in, is a category of C4D templates that are motion-graphics (not models) for design logo animations/bumper intros… any plans to start a category like that?

I’d buy a lot if so… things like sports-channel animation logo intros etc style and others.

-k

1349 posts
graphic4444 says

hi – quick question for the top rated guys here, about how much would you want to add a ‘shake’ type effect to a logo animation? it might be something like an impact, eg looks like it’s slamming into a texture b/g, or just a good analog shake type effect at the end of the logo resolve… any ideas?

thx…

k

1349 posts
graphic4444 says

that’s a really good business idea in general, probably a lot of folks don’t have ae or aren’t familiar with text/video mods, you could make that a service category here envato… eg “minor text only logo changes + render” costs (x), while more complex stuff costs more, and give the original author of whatever project the client wants modded first chance to do it, then open it up to all, or whatever, to bid or used fixed prices for specific services (btw you’ll get a Lot more business if you have a fixed-price structure so people know what exactly it costs w/o having to negotiate much)

by
by
by
by
by
by