Posts by graphic4444

1395 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 6
  • Community Superstar
  • Super Copyright Ninja
graphic4444
says

as a buyer it’s great to have all you authors from around the world here; keep up the good work :)

it’s a small world: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6Y7RX8rVzQ
1395 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 6
  • Community Superstar
  • Super Copyright Ninja
graphic4444
says

if prices go up, buyers buy less

1395 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 6
  • Community Superstar
  • Super Copyright Ninja
graphic4444
says

There should be some inbuilt review process where customers can rate authors’ product and support positively with, say, 10 points which they can allocate to 5 different aspects.

Lately, I have found I buy less and less from Envato because I have started buying the “pro” versions of software from Authors who provide a ‘freemium’ versions on the WordPress Repository, which then allows me the opportunity to check out their product and their support claims before committing a project to their software.

I think Envato should not overlook this very important aspect of the buying process.

+1… on the wordpress free plugin site we can download/test free version of plugins, before deciding to upgrade to paid versions (all of which Include support at no extra cost).

1395 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 6
  • Community Superstar
  • Super Copyright Ninja
graphic4444
says

I’d recommend super-basic support continue to be included free w/purchase, via comments. Stuff like minor css mods, bugfixes, simple quick answers.

I’m also totally for charging for paid support for moron/stupid/new customers who ask for in-depth customization or things outside basic support, which they shouldn’t do (or, make separate “in-depth/customization” support.

Authors, is it true, 10% customers take up 90%+ of your support time?

I found that’s true in my business, so I say simply “sorry in-depth support/custom answers not included” and my trouble went away.

What do you think? Simple/basic support continue free in comments, paid plans for those that want detailed help (like logging into their sites to check stuff for them, That you should get paid for).

Me, and other veteran good customers, may ask 3-4 simple questions a year at most, in comments area, I’d like to keep that as it is… I’d rather see authors work on new features + products not support of dumb customers who don’t RTFM/read docs, :)

1395 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 6
  • Community Superstar
  • Super Copyright Ninja
graphic4444
says

under this, I buy a theme and just 28 weeks (7 months) later I get no support? really? that’s bad.

my prior post was deleted (why)?

1395 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 6
  • Community Superstar
  • Super Copyright Ninja
graphic4444
says

as a top buyer i will say honestly, my VH spending down, its because low quality of new submissions (mostly flood of so-so stuff from newbie authors)...2-3 years ago there was higher quality… i understand from author standpoint too why bother w/so many new daily submission, to make top-quality that gets lost in flood of other projects, so low incentive.

1395 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 6
  • Community Superstar
  • Super Copyright Ninja
graphic4444
says

yes, money-grubbing, not good for anyone…

1395 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 6
  • Community Superstar
  • Super Copyright Ninja
graphic4444
says

I’m a top buyer, for 7+ years (since early flashden days) and guarantee I’ll spend a lot less here if some money-grubbing paid support plan is implemented. Period.

I haven’t seen a Single buyer say they want this. It’s going to kill your sales. I’m one of the ‘net’s topselling people in my niche, I would never do this to my customers. In fact I do the opposite, with a customer rewards/loyalty program w/bonuses to give my top buyers.

Trying to now start charging for what has always been included will piss off us buyers, and we go elsewhere. In this economy, adding costs…really? Epic fail, just say no. Let’s focus on things that get buyers to Like you and buy more. Not alienate us and try to nickel-and-dime rip us off. You have competitors.

Also if you do this, buyers have less budget for buying from more authors, so everyone’s sales go Down. And the ‘problem buyers’ will become more demanding with unreasonable new support requests since they paid for it…it’ll magnify the problem of those who demand customization etc included…and a lot of confusion.

This is an epic nightmare in the making for authors, and unwanted cost for buyers.

A better SOLUTION is to simply Communicate specific limits of what support is included vs not, to the buyers. Do a better job of helping authors Optionally sell customization services, for the small percentage of newbie buyers…but don’t FORCE everyone into a one-size-(Doesn’t)-fit-all mandatory support scheme…nobody likes it.

1395 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 6
  • Community Superstar
  • Super Copyright Ninja
graphic4444
says

In my hope, Envato will say “After hearing the OVERWHELMING NEGATIVE response from 90%+ of Everyone on our forum, we’ve decided to Postpone this ill-conceived “paid support” moneygrab until we’ve worked out all the MAJOR HEADACHES it’s going to cause for authors, and LOST SALES from unhappy buyers”.

+1 upvote if everyone agrees. what say you, authors & buyers? Speak Up. ;)

Envato, “Just Say No” to bad awful paid support plan. let it die. drive a stake into it’s evil heart, lol. otherwise I foresee logistical/sales nightmare of epic proportion . bad doggie, bad dog, no, no, nononono… :p

http://photodune.net/item/bad-dog/10027066

this paid support plan is stinky poop on our new rug… let’s drop it, ok?

1395 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 6
  • Community Superstar
  • Super Copyright Ninja
graphic4444
says

this is an EPIC FAIL in the making. virtually nobody wants it.

Famous quote “If it’s not broken, don’t fix it”

by
by
by
by
by
by