• Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

good points felt, well written

1265 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
graphic4444 says

specifically, to reward and encourage great authors who have created masterpieces that have proven themselves with high sales, I’d recommend putting a “Platinum Showcase” feature area with 4 top-sellers at bottom of page:

http://videohive.net/category/after-effects-project-files

and rotate those, weekly, to highlight and sell more of top quality projects (like balistiques, dani’s, other rockstar devs)

1265 posts
graphic4444 says

great points, makes perfect sense… get well soon butlerm. from a risk:reward seems themeforest devs get highest volume/$... well it’s good there’s such a huge library/store here of great older projects to choose from, thx

i still recommend envato somehow separate out/highlight in a “VIP/Platinum Projects” area, the top-done projects, rotate a dozen a week or so, from previous top projects, to reward all of you who’ve put so much work into the truly epic/detailed projects

1265 posts
graphic4444 says

hey plac, thanks.. makes sense, re work/return ratio… others? that’s a challenge, is to reward top-quality files w/enough exposure & sales, amidst all the new authors’ projects..ideas?

1265 posts
graphic4444 says

hi – the last 6-8 months or so it seems the former top-authors here are not producing as many templates as they used to, especially the high-quality ones we used to see.

i’ve been here daily for years, it seems this last year there’s a lot of new mediocre basic/low-selling templates compared to a couple years ago … any insights? It seems competition from so-so newbie authors took over from the high quality templates we used to get.

on the other hand, good examples, which seem to be getting rarer, are ones like these, which would be nice to see more of:

http://videohive.net/item/night-silver/8275055

http://videohive.net/item/broadcast-design-complete-news-package-3/2952872

http://videohive.net/item/electro-night-party/7836794

http://videohive.net/item/epic-logos-pack-/6860521

http://videohive.net/item/my-new-york/242422

maybe it’s just the marketplace now is flooded with new templates from a lot of new authors; i miss the broadcast quality ones like those above, and others from earlier.

Old/high-quality authors, is it because all the newbie stuff flooding the marketplace, that’s caused you to produce less? or, other reasons? or maybe I’m off base, just seems like every week we’d see at least 2-3 really high quality ‘must-buy’ broadcast quality templates a couple years ago, which are rarer nowadays

1265 posts
graphic4444 says

I’m one of Envato’s top buyers, I’ve spent thousands here over the last 7 years. Thanks for your customer appreciation; I’ve bought more than most anyone else has in the world. I appreciate the kind words and gratitude for all the money I’ve spent here.

Hint: insulting your #1 top customer is probably not a good idea…what do all the other buyers think? Buyers speak up!

Sellers: “greed is good, jack up prices, wee!”

Buyers: You gotta be kidding. In this economy? Really?

1265 posts
graphic4444 says

From a buyers’ perspective, I’ll just buy less items at higher prices. I spend the same amount, roughly, each month.

Raising prices does not mean buyers spend more Overall; we just become more selective (as I did after the last price increase), and spend the same amount/budget per month.

So if pre-price increase I bought 5 items per month at $20 each = $100, at new pricing I’ll just buy 4 items per month at $25 each = $100, just one less author gets paid.

I’m a top buyer here, I won’t spend more overall just because of arbitrary price hikes, I’ll just buy FEWER Items, to stay within fixed monthly budget.

It’s the same issue if people want higher salaries at a company, instead of 25 employees at old lower salary now they just hire 20 at higher salary (and fire the other 5), so the money is the same…just fewer people benefit.

Raising prices in the world’s worst economy is a mistake. I stopped buying at certain photo micro-stock sites altogether when they raised prices, though I’d spent thousands a year pre-price hike. Their price-hike greed pissed me off and now I seldom buy there, dropping my spends almost completely.

Old Envato: Low prices + top quality + high quantity of sales = win-win

New prices: Higher prices + top quality + lower quantity of sales = lose-lose

I’ve slashed my Envato spending by over 30% since the last round of price hikes, and will continue to buy LESS if you arbitrarily keep raising prices; it doesn’t make sense. I used to buy a lot here, much less recently in 2014… don’t kill the golden goose. You encourage a lot of buying when pricing is low, when you jack up prices we run away. That’s the truth, as you’ve seen similar posts by other buyers here in the thread. Think big picture… just sayin’

...having said that I’m still your biggest fan, I love the authors and your stuff here, guys, I’ve spent a fortune here, happily, since the early flashden days—envato authors rock. :)

1265 posts
graphic4444 says

sax, guitar, keyboards… lots of fun

1265 posts
graphic4444 says

I’ve spent the last 15+ years working from home, making a bundle, works great. Main thing is private room for office, and have 2-3 monitors. And LOTS of COFFEE. :)

1265 posts
graphic4444 says

good job, l like the masking, thx for sharing it

by
by
by
by
by
by