Posts by graphic4444

1358 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444
says

why would any legitimate buyer need more than 50 downloads? I’d limit it to 5 myself; and auto-reset with updates, for those assets (like TF themes, or codecanyon updates, or wp plugins).

you buy it, you download it to your hard drive, you’re done. only pirates would want unlimited/ridiculous access levels. personally i’ve never downloaded anything of 1000+ purchases, more than a few times (and that’s just for updates).

agree that should be in the tos/contract if it’s not, makes sense

1358 posts
graphic4444
says

it’s smart to have download limits; legitimate buyers at most would need 20 downloads in 2-3 years. i’ve bought over 1,000+ things here and never had any issues

1358 posts
graphic4444
says

Talking as a buyer here, I don’t think i bought as much the last 6 months as I used to do…

What I am seeing is that the variety in the last 6 months ( in general, there are some exceptions ) is not realy there. All designs are flat have a parallax background , animations and come in different colors. Looks like all the reviewers like is those mass appeal cookie cutter themes and more unique ones get rejected.

Themeforest used to be a site where i got a lot of new ideas and either bought the template to use or bought the template to show my support for the author but lately its all the same

+1 this; also it seems a lot more mediocre/so-so stuff across marketplaces is being approved than was the case 2 years ago; I’d recommend dramatically increasing quality standards to get Quality vs quantity… “more so-so stuff from newbie authors” does not a compelling marketplace make. I’m busy and don’t want to search through hundreds of items to find 1-2 gems.

The challenge for established authors too (esp. VH) is with so many new people submitting content, exposure is lower for top-quality content since it’s lost in a sea of daily new submissions. I used to buy a ton of top-quality AE templates on VH, but not much recently since top authors understandably not as motivated to put dozens of hours of work into a masterpiece that drops off page-1 listing the next day.

In earlier years, they’d get 3-4 days of first-page exposure. As submissions increase, their exposure/sales decline since their top quality projects quickly get lost in a flood of new daily submissions by so-so authors. I’d vote ‘increase quality standards a lot’ to attract back top buyers like myself (and motivate top authors to return). hope that helps…

1358 posts
graphic4444
says

that’ll be a real issue for people who only have V2 installed yet buy a V1-only compatible template… I bought original V1, and I think I upgraded to V2, how to ‘roll back’ reinstall V1 for use where needed for V1-only compatible aeps here? thx..

1358 posts
graphic4444
says

thx to felt_tips years ago for tip re SSD, I bought one for main o/s (samsung) and it’s a huge productivity booster; faster w7 boot, program launches and more. likely good idea re more ssds for cache/project files, smart idea.

i did read somewhere that multiple reads/writes to SSDs shorten their lifespan, so my main o/s, on SSD, I seldom write to, using usb external drive for project assets and internal ide for cache

1358 posts
graphic4444
says

Just like you can report comments there should be a “report rating” button that dumps the rating into a queue and an envato staff member looks them over and decides if the rating is legit or not.
+1

+1

1358 posts
graphic4444
says

if i were an author I’d be very concerned that the new Jan 1st VAT laws are NOW in effect, and i don’t see specific answers here; it would be helpful if envato would immediately publish legally binding, correct, compliant TOS VAT updated new explanations for the authors, I’d recommend at least if it was my business.

Or is it already published somewhere now that the new January 1 regulations are in effect? Just curious.

Authors, any summary of exactly what info you’d like answers about? a bullet-item brief list?

1358 posts
graphic4444
says

the silence is deafening. hope to see some answers asap. thx again doru for that UK link, so far that’s the only official ‘who’s Really the seller” voice I’ve seen from official authority. I would also like to know re privacy policy as it impacts us buyers; I expect my confidential info to remain confidential; I’m sure ACCC would agree/enforce as necessary.

1358 posts
graphic4444
says

thx Doru …

Envato staff: I’d like to know specifically what envato means on that blog post re:

“We’ll be introducing limited buyer information against each sale.”

the privacy policy in place now, and historically, is I do NOT want any personal information (identity, email address etc) shared with anyone, including authors. My privacy and personal information being protected is important. What specifically is going to be shared with authors in the future?

1358 posts
graphic4444
says
by
by
by
by
by
by