Posts by graphic4444

1350 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

thx Doru …

Envato staff: I’d like to know specifically what envato means on that blog post re:

“We’ll be introducing limited buyer information against each sale.”

the privacy policy in place now, and historically, is I do NOT want any personal information (identity, email address etc) shared with anyone, including authors. My privacy and personal information being protected is important. What specifically is going to be shared with authors in the future?

1350 posts
graphic4444 says
1350 posts
graphic4444 says

For UK users, read the last paragraph here. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vat-supplying-digital-services-to-private-consumers/vat-businesses-supplying-digital-services-to-private-consumers
Digital portals, platforms, gateways and marketplaces If you supply e-services to consumers through an internet portal, gateway or marketplace, you need to determine whether you are making the supply to the consumer or to the platform operator. If the platform operator identifies you as the seller but sets the general terms and conditions, or authorises payment, or handles delivery/download of the digital service, the platform is considered to be supplying the consumer. They are therefore responsible for accounting for the VAT payment that is charged to the consumer.

Thanks! Now that’s an official ruling from the UK. Glad you found that, it’s official. Would be useful in determining prior VAT liability as well. Nice to finally see a specific well explained ruling from the UK on official VAT “who’s the seller” liability. Very likely the ACCC would concur, worth looking into.

1350 posts
graphic4444 says

I would also be scared if i got 10 emails in a short time span :D
Not sure why more customers don’t know to do this. Personally I never answer before the 10th email.

+1 lol :)

1350 posts
graphic4444 says

The folks at https://www.accc.gov.au/ may be able to help clarify things; if you (both envato and authors) explain the situation to them; they’re the FTC-equivalent for Australia, and may be able to make a ruling/provide official insight into who’s categorized as true end point seller, based on how things work. It’s probably good to get clarification from official tax/regulatory agencies, to help figure things out correctly.

1350 posts
graphic4444 says

I’m a top buyer, and buy exceptionally “the best” here, gfx, video, flash, AEPs, templates. If it doesn’t stand out and make me think “WOW”, then i skip it. Fortunately there’s a lot of ‘wow’-quality content here, so i buy a lot.

1350 posts
graphic4444 says

I’d check with both euro VAT tax authorities, ACCC and personal tax CPA/accountant to check. Best wishes for getting it all straight; sounds confusing.

1350 posts
graphic4444 says

relevant Star Wars quotes:

“I’ve got a very bad feeling about this…”

“I feel a disturbance in the force, something I’ve not felt since….”

lol

“in deep kimchee this situation seems”

1350 posts
graphic4444 says

Agencies like the ACCC and FTC are set up specifically to provide consumer protection; which is why I encourage contacting them if needed. Businesses have a legal responsibility and obligation to honor standards and practices in place as “general practice in place at time of sale”, which supersedes subsequent tos or other changes. Otherwise they get fined.

1350 posts
graphic4444 says

what counts is what was seen/observed to help make buyers make purchase decisions at time of purchase. there was no additional charge for updates nor support when I bought things, which is a big reason Why I bought. like the theme companies that went from lifetime to annual, they still grandfathered in original buyers as lifetime, since that’s what FTC/trade law requires. you can’t sell under one set of rules, then start charging customers for what had originally been provided / included as part of purchase, subsequent to purchase. Ask any trade-law attorney who’s familiar w/FTC/ACCC/other applicable legal statutes.

by
by
by
by
by
by