Posts by dtbaker

3014 posts
    Helps us moderate the forums Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations Won a competition
+16 more
dtbaker Envato team says

Thanks everyone for your feedback, I’ve made some changes & built the design into 4 colour options, it’s currently in the review queue so with some luck I might have it approved today :)

3014 posts
    Helps us moderate the forums Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations Won a competition
+16 more
dtbaker Envato team says

looks similar to shell code.

i wouldn’t worry, there’s probably some new exploit out for a web server or software so automated bots are going around testing everyones website to see if they can break it.

3014 posts
+16 more
dtbaker Envato team says

What’s that graph from?

my little envato stats dashboard (check my profile).

I should probably upload the latest version, I don’t think the current one available on here works any more.

3014 posts
+16 more
dtbaker Envato team says

13th 22 Sales $ our highest earning day ever :)

17th 20 Sales $ our 3rd highest day ever

20th (today) 20 Sales $ on track to be our 2nd highest earning day ever

i’d say they’re going up up up:

3014 posts
+16 more
dtbaker Envato team says

FYI here’s an example reply from the API :

{"verify-purchase":{"buyer":"buyer_id_here","created_at":"Wed Dec 01 05:00:47 +1100 2010","licence":"Regular Licence","item_name":"Your Item Name Here","item_id":"116430"}}
3014 posts
+16 more
dtbaker Envato team says

This code may fail if they have purchased more than 1 license of the item.

It may also fail because it doesn’t check exactly which item the user has purchased from you. Only that the user has made a purchase from you.

Also file_get_contents on a url may not work on a lot of hosting accounts. Suggest using curl. Possibly try something like this:

$result = false; // have we got a valid purchase code?
$our_item_id = 149180; // check if they've bought this item id.
$username = 'dtbaker'; // authors username
$api_key = 'gphyrdsomething'; // api key from my account area
$url = "http://marketplace.envato.com/api/edge/$username/$api_key/verify-purchase:$code.json";
$ch = curl_init($url);
curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER,true);
$json_res = curl_exec($ch);
$data = json_decode($json_res,true);
$purchases = $data['verify-purchase'];
if(isset($purchases['buyer'])){
   // format single purchases same as multi purchases
   $purchases=array($purchases); 
}
$purchase_details = array();
foreach($purchases as $purchase){
    $purchase=(array)$purchase; // json issues
    if((int)$purchase['item_id']==(int)$our_item_id){
        // we have a winner!
        $result = true;
        $purchase_details = $purchase;
    }
}
// do something with the users purchase details, 
// eg: check which license they've bought, save their username something
if($result){
echo 'user has bought our item';
print_r($purchase_details);
}else{
echo 'invalid purchase code';
}
3014 posts
+16 more
dtbaker Envato team says
3014 posts
+16 more
dtbaker Envato team says

Hey guys,

What do you think of our latest wordpress kids shop theme? I think it’s almost ready for launch, but if anybody can find something we missed please let us know (I’ve been staring at it for weeks).

Check out the basic wordpress shop, with product categories, lightbox, product reviews (comments) and a product email form. All with recaptcha. Add a product to your cart and let me know what you think!

I’m even throwing in a wordpress bulk email plugin with a custom theme (preview work in progress). The newsletter plugin will allow shop owners to email their customers with recent products etc…

WordPress Shop Settings:

Adding a product to wordpress shop:

Sending an email newsletter from wordpress:

Admins can select which products to include in their newsletter, and they will be emailed out nicely.

Cheers,
Dave

3014 posts
+16 more
dtbaker Envato team says

using css, set all boxes to display:none; and then show them using javascript based on any cookie preferences, would that work?

3014 posts
+16 more
dtbaker Envato team says

If you press the right key combination, some hidden JS will make the box magically appear right there. ;-)

Konami Code!

by
by
by
by
by
by