5357 posts
  • Achieved the monthly Community Superstar Award
  • Created a helpful tool/app using the Envato API
  • Became a Top 20 Author of the Month
  • Had an item that was trending
+19 more
dtbaker
says

Plugin complete! Fixing a bug in jigoshop then it’ll be right to launch. Porting to woocommerce now.

5357 posts
+19 more
dtbaker
says

working here. possibly fixed.

are you able to right click and “view image” to see where it takes you? maybe it gives a particular error message?

5357 posts
+19 more
dtbaker
says

oo! a new badge! yes please!

* gets coding *

5357 posts
+19 more
dtbaker
says

Yep I have this working for WP themes and plugins, and have successfully implemented it on 2 of my envato items (with the envato api as well! so automatic updates are only offered if they enter their licence code). It has pushed updates out for 82 different installs for my wp plugin :) it’s exciting seeing that number increase.

I’m very strapped for time, but releasing this to other authors is still high on my list :)

5357 posts
+19 more
dtbaker
says

Flood the usual sites with an old version of your script that has a few obfuscated javascript time delay functions (ie: hidden in the middle of a jquery source file) so a few weeks down the track anyone who uses it will be redirected back to your item to purchase it.

</evil grin>

Authors have had a lot of success providing “extra features” for those who enter their licence purchase codes. eg: automatic updates on wordpress themes/plugins, or the ability to easily unlock extra features, or download additional plugins from your own site. There is no public code available to do this at the moment, everyone does it differently. Might change in the future though.

Also heavily advertising the current version number in all graphics / item descriptions / the item itself will discourage people using older versions in favour of the newer updated version they can purchase.

But yes, impossible to do complete protection. I hardly bother any more. Protection is good fun to implement though :) lots of challenges to overcome.

5357 posts
+19 more
dtbaker
says
5357 posts
+19 more
dtbaker
says

Hi! This is a general ThemeForest forum. For product-specific support, please contact the author of that theme through their profile page. You can find the profile page by clicking the author avatar on the product page.

5357 posts
+19 more
dtbaker
says

When it’s Christmas day and you check item and forum comments before going out to family lunch.

5357 posts
+19 more
dtbaker
says

I think this was discussed quite a bit when the Elite price adjustment tool was released.

There were no plans to allow authors to have control on reducing their own prices. Only increasing.

From memory the main argument was that top authors with lots of files could lower all their prices and easily undercut new authors. Wouldn’t be fare on new authors.

But these discussions are always good so keep throwing your ideas around.

5357 posts
+19 more
dtbaker
says

I’m not a designer – it fits more on the screen so I like it :) there’s greasemonkey if you wish to design your own css to share with the community to make it look better.

-dave

by
by
by
by
by
by