• Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Won a competition
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+20 more
dtbaker
says

Hi proventacl,

They do not offer a “recently updated” area just yet. The biggest reason is almost every author would submit a small update to their item so they would appear on this list.

This would create a huge amount of work for the already overworked reviewers.

I believe a “recently updated” area is on their todo list, but probably at the very end of the todo list. It would certainly make authors more active in providing updates if they could appear in a recently updated area. But the technicalities have to be sorted out first (ie: how much of an update will be required – a text change – a colour change – a new feature – etc…).

I highly recommend adding an “Updated” flag across your item thumbnail and inline image preview (you will see this on some other items). This may bring some attention to your item from users who are just browsing the marketplace.

If buyers see you update your item they will feel more comfortable buying it :)

Best of luck,
dtbaker

5412 posts
  • Won a competition
+20 more
dtbaker
says

I noticed in the item FAQ page that code and pre tags are no longer getting the formatting that they useto have.

eg: Example code formatting inline

eg:
example pre formatting
   foo bar
      moo cow
5412 posts
  • Won a competition
+20 more
dtbaker
says

I don’t see the point of prohibiting this.

It’s been discussed a number of times in the past. If allowed, most authors would remove their old item to upload the new-and-improved item so it appears on the home page. This would result in a home page full of “old” items, and a whole bunch of unhappy customers who would never receive an update to their item. (imagine if every author on the marketplace did this!)

Plus items with lots of sales, good comments and ratings get more sales. So the longer your item is on the marketplace, the more sales it makes and the more up-to-date it is snowballs into bigger exposure & ongoing sales.

I don’t think many buyers would purchase if they knew the item could go away next week and they would have to buy the updated item again just to get a small new feature.

People have thrown about ideas on how to control it, such as limiting the number of times you can do this etc.. etc.. but really none of them will work.

If your update is a large improvement on the old item (eg: a “Basic” and a “Pro” version) then it could be approved. But the feature set would have to be considerably different – and the reviewer would have the end say in if it was allowed.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,
dtbaker

5412 posts
  • Won a competition
+20 more
dtbaker
says

Cool! That’s better. Might be unrelated to the form rollout, but codecanyon Community > Badges menu link no longer works for me.

5412 posts
  • Won a competition
+20 more
dtbaker
says

Looks good!

Just when updating an existing codecanyon item I’m asked for a required video preview resolution size (even though there is no video preview). I just enter 100×100 to keep it happy and the submission goes through.

5412 posts
  • Won a competition
+20 more
dtbaker
says

I feared that would be a reponse…

Once your new item is ready you can ask support to see if they will allow it as a new item. If it has enough new features you could release it as a “Pro” version of your original “Basic” version. But that is up to the reviewers to decide.

Google and the search box bring 99% of my sales. Don’t rely too much on the home page :) People will find your plugin other ways.

5412 posts
  • Won a competition
+20 more
dtbaker
says

Wouldn’t links to showcase sites for items fall into the same category as live demos?

same as before. only if you have permission to showcase any copyrighted material in a commercial nature. if someone uses your item and has the authority over the copyright in that item (eg: stock photos, videos, logos) and then gives you permission to showcase the item – then in my opinion that is fine to showcase.

(fair use is only for non-commercial – so you can wipe that out)

Check your asset library for stock you can use in the previews, or feel free to contact authors on other marketplaces (eg: videohive) to ask if you can use their items in your preview.

5412 posts
  • Won a competition
+20 more
dtbaker
says

i had this bug with any flash uploader but only in linux. worked fine in windows with latest version of chrome.

5412 posts
  • Won a competition
+20 more
dtbaker
says

not allowed sorry.

I completely re-wrote one of my popular items one month ago. Since it did a very similar thing to the old one I could not upload it as a new item (even though I reallllllly wanted to). You’ll have to come up with some other ideas to get home page exposure (eg: create plugins)

Best of luck!

5412 posts
  • Won a competition
+20 more
dtbaker
says

I’m not 100% sure, but I think they generally pick popular good items and ask the authors if they are interested.

by
by
by
by
by
by