Posts by doru

7650 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Is this one cab be used? http://www.flickr.com/photos/mistybushell/2228156682/ Thanks!
Hey GoodLayers, it looks like the image is licensed under the Creative Commons commercial attribution license, so it should be usable in a preview provided you attribute and linkback appropriately in your item description.

I think that CAN ’T be used :)

yes, the author put the photo made by him under that commercial creative license and it would had been ok if the subject would had been a flower or some bear or a mountain.

but the main subject is a person (it may be considered as famous http://www.anaivanovic.com/ ) who did not give permission for the use of her image. Also the photo was made inside a (probably) private area and there are big chances you need permission to use photos depicting that environment. Also the photos depicts logos of corporations/firms.

7650 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

For a television production you need the extended license. The extended license, like the standard one, is valid for a single project only.

If you bought the standard license and used for your tv project then is not ok :) you need the extended license for a television production.

If is the same show, but with different episodes I think it can be treated as a single project. So you should be fine with one purchase of the extended license. But I’m not an expert, for the experts :) you need to contact the marketplace support http://videohive.net/support and provide them with details about your project, and they will tell if you need one or more extended licenses.

7650 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Just imagine what would happen if most authors here spent 10 mins/day searching in twitter “codecanyon rip” or “themeforest rip” and reporting those links.

nothing really, last time I check,

better contact the author of the item instead support

7650 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

when they reject or approve items I think they have some automatic system that sends those messages. They don’t write every time “Your file is ugly” :) , probably they just click a button or some checkbox and the system automatically sends the message. So maybe this is the reason why the message is not so precise and vaguely related with your item.

7650 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Quite exclusive and only available for people helping out Beta testing new marketplaces

Like me :smitten:

I’m in the beta program: “exclusive unicorn hunting program for authors – free polar bear mount included”. while I’m at this: Can I have another polar bear? This one that I have drinks too much, is always a pain to get him out of the bar so I can go hunting unicorns.

7650 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

If they start giving tips about how you may improve the item then the review system will start looking like: “Hy reviewer! I upload my item again (this is the 27th time I believe). I changed the font color from white to blue as you said last time. Now what should I do? Should I stick with Comic Sans or should I try another font? Thank You, you are a great reviewer!”

You get the idea I hope. :)

On the technical part, you should be careful when you upload the items, triple verify all the steps you do in the upload process.

For help and suggestions you just need to ask on the forum. You can create a thread in the Item discussions section (is the point of that section actually) and we can hopefully bring some ideas to make your item better.

7650 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

There is a “Meet the team” section: http://notes.envato.com/the-team/videohive-meet-the-team/ but it’s really outdated and Nick is missing there. It’s said that Brian has reviewed 4000 submissions so far. well that’s dated really far. Even I have reviewed over 6000 submission now. Also it says I’m working to finish our house, but we already live there for more than a year now.

thank you, is what I was looking for, now I know who to blame when my items are getting rejected. I will never blame me, off course. :)

@DoubleX thank you for the tip, didn’t find the page on envato notes, while I was searching for that page I found some great article there and forgot what I was searching in first place. :)

7650 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

From the sounds of it, you not only cannot help but you’re not interested in helping with the other fine folks that have posted, so should I even bother chiming in with my complaint on the matter?

before start complaining about bad service you should first make a purchase. :| Just saying.

It just makes me reluctant to purchase another theme on this site. I know this is a rare problem, but it feels unprofessional.

Is not a problem, is how the marketplace work.

Authors are allowed to remove the items from the marketplace, but if the item is available and you want to purchase it, you just need to download it and make a backup somewhere. Envato is not a backup service. Yes, we have the download area where I can find the items I purchased years ago, but that is not a backup area.

You can’t blame the marketplace or authors because you did not made a backup.

The “clients are always right” philosophy is nice and great but truth is better. For lack of time we don’t usually read all the information that bombards us every day on internet, but at least when one pay money he should take five minutes to understand how the website he gives money to works.

7650 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

just to get back to the subject here, it is against marketplace rules to show the preview for an item and then sell a completely different one.

Mistakes and errors may happen but is not something that represents this marketplace. The envato staff will take all the steps necessary to correct the problem if this exist.

But before starting expressing judgment about the authors and the marketplace wait for support to sort the problem first. It absolutely pointless to start a thread about some problem that we can’t verify anyway.

I don’t know what theme you bought and how many sales it has, but I don’t think an author can get very far with this different preview tactic before envato support center get flooded by angry customers. So if that theme has many buyers and no one complained, probably there are some problems on your part also.

7650 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

the thumbnails for photodune are not working, for example in the “new items from people I follow” area (or what the name of that section is)

by
by
by
by
by
by