Posts by doru

7650 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

@doru .. would you be okay with being thrown out of the marketplace one day without knowing why?

no I will not like that, but what you ask have nothing to do with one likes or not.

Your relation with envato, is a pure business one, and is based on a contract with very clear terms on who do what and why.

When you create an user account, you should had read all the terms and if you did not like one of them you should just walk away. No one put a gun to your head and forced you to create an author account on this marketplace. Is harsh but is the reality, you can’t come now and start complaining about some clause in a contract that you did not like.

First, no one deleted your account without reason, so I don’t understand why you think this is some evil plan from envato, second that clause is on every website I have an account on. Really, just check the terms on whatever forum you have a membership. Is not something that only envato have, is everywhere.

check google terms of service:

http://www.google.com/accounts/TOS

at “13. Ending your relationship with Google”

they say:

“13.3 Google may at any time, terminate its legal agreement with you if: ...

the provision of the Services to you by Google is, in Google’s opinion, no longer commercially viable.”

they can shut down your email address (for example) if they think they can’t get enough money from you/using you. what abut this? nice, no?

7650 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Thanks doru.Btw..which twitter icon do you refer?the one ine the ” find us on” slide or the “our latest tweets” slide?

this one here

7650 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

i opened up my ie 7 and …

that’s the problem.

right there. :|

7650 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Should we not always be informed of the reasons why our account was terminated/suspended or restricted? I mean, we’re working hard here and to have our accounts terminated just like that sounds very unreasonable. I think the above mentioned clauses need a little rethinking perhaps?

I think you take for granted that one day envato will throw you out of the window without explanation. Although this may be possible and permitted by the contract you signed with them and you should had read before clicking the accept button or check-box

If you are an honest author who respect the marketplace rules I don’t see why they should terminate your account. They can do it? Yes, but those clauses there are found on every website, forum, whatever account I may had created in the past on the internet. Every one of them can terminate my account because is their business and they can do whatever they want with it.

Tomorrow if they want, the team at envato could close all marketplaces, and retire to a tropical island. And why should they give you an explanation?

This works both ways.

If you decide to create your own personal marketplace and you need all the items from here to be available exclusively at your place, do you need to give a reason to envato on why did you delete all your files?

7650 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

well, I like it. but probably is too simple. Also, the coding part is a mess or is well organized? Did the reviewers said something about why the file got rejected?

what about adding more value to the item? Like different skins colors, a white version like you have now, a black version with black wood, a corporate blue version perhaps?

That twitter icon is overlapping the text in a unprofessional manner, probably you need to work on the code a little bit more.

7650 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Images like this. http://videohive.net/item/business-venture/1564900

Now that’s it!

WTF ?

Like really? Are we kidding? Why the reviewer allowed that preview on the marketplace?

Or is just me that see Angelina Jolie in that photo?

7650 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

CPU stay on normal levels 5% to 7% here, no increase in memory also.

On Firefox.

7650 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Hi guys, I’m sorry, but I still don’t really understand, how can i proof that it’s my artwork? For example if I made an icons and use them in my theme preview. Thanks in advance.

in a copyright fight the winner is who have more money and better lawyers. Happens all the time. Big corporation stealing each other ideas (see Samsung vs Apple as a recent example)

I don’t think you will have problems with the icons but you never know. :) Someone could buy them, then send a DMCA against you. Then, envato will disable your item, because they received this DMCA notice. I don’t think envato will check who’s right and who’s wrong, in the end they are not the judge.

Then you need to fill up a counter notice and wait to see if who send the dmca will sue you in court. If they do nothing, then you win and envato brings your icons back for selling.

You can then sue them because they said the icons are not yours. Good luck with that! :)

As I said lawyers and money win everything.

But you don’t need to prove you are the author, who send the DMCA notice needs to prove you stole the icons. But in front of whom? Who is the judge?

7650 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

every second page I visit i get a blank page, If I reload then the page appears. Is what happened with that page 5 of this thread, but now I’m getting it on the marketplace items, well on everything actually :) even the main page.

also I had to click twice on the reply button to make the post reply box appear.

7650 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

page five of this thread not working

?

by
by
by