Posts by doru

7606 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

I was just looking at those nice sticked discussions on top of all forums about new preview policy.

I have nothing against the new policy, I may say I support it, is a good move.

My question is.

Why the review team still accepts items with previews that obviously breaks this rule that we all know about?

7606 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

“optical flares” have that “Render mode: on transparent” option but with normal flares you can try render with black background (no alpha channel) and then use the resulting movie with “add” blend in other software.

or generate an alpha channel from that “black background” movie in some way (that I don’t know how to do it) but should be possible :)

what I mean is to get a normal video first and then use that video to get one with alpha channel

7606 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Just like I went from windows XP to Win7 and skipped vista, no loss here.

And that was a wise choice. Man, how I hate Vista.

7606 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

if 50 to 70% is not ok, how much should the cut be?

7606 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

when did I said is right? :)

7606 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

firefox 10.0.2

looks fine in opera, the bird stay on the left

probably it happens because of the “vertical align” on img.

7606 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

@doru .. would you be okay with being thrown out of the marketplace one day without knowing why?

no I will not like that, but what you ask have nothing to do with one likes or not.

Your relation with envato, is a pure business one, and is based on a contract with very clear terms on who do what and why.

When you create an user account, you should had read all the terms and if you did not like one of them you should just walk away. No one put a gun to your head and forced you to create an author account on this marketplace. Is harsh but is the reality, you can’t come now and start complaining about some clause in a contract that you did not like.

First, no one deleted your account without reason, so I don’t understand why you think this is some evil plan from envato, second that clause is on every website I have an account on. Really, just check the terms on whatever forum you have a membership. Is not something that only envato have, is everywhere.

check google terms of service:

http://www.google.com/accounts/TOS

at “13. Ending your relationship with Google”

they say:

“13.3 Google may at any time, terminate its legal agreement with you if: ...

the provision of the Services to you by Google is, in Google’s opinion, no longer commercially viable.”

they can shut down your email address (for example) if they think they can’t get enough money from you/using you. what abut this? nice, no?

7606 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Thanks doru.Btw..which twitter icon do you refer?the one ine the ” find us on” slide or the “our latest tweets” slide?

this one here

7606 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

i opened up my ie 7 and …

that’s the problem.

right there. :|

7606 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Should we not always be informed of the reasons why our account was terminated/suspended or restricted? I mean, we’re working hard here and to have our accounts terminated just like that sounds very unreasonable. I think the above mentioned clauses need a little rethinking perhaps?

I think you take for granted that one day envato will throw you out of the window without explanation. Although this may be possible and permitted by the contract you signed with them and you should had read before clicking the accept button or check-box

If you are an honest author who respect the marketplace rules I don’t see why they should terminate your account. They can do it? Yes, but those clauses there are found on every website, forum, whatever account I may had created in the past on the internet. Every one of them can terminate my account because is their business and they can do whatever they want with it.

Tomorrow if they want, the team at envato could close all marketplaces, and retire to a tropical island. And why should they give you an explanation?

This works both ways.

If you decide to create your own personal marketplace and you need all the items from here to be available exclusively at your place, do you need to give a reason to envato on why did you delete all your files?

by
by
by
by
by
by