5137 posts Interactive Design
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Achieved the monthly Community Superstar Award
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+8 more
digitalscience
says
doze is xdozex? I didn’t know he’s a she :D. And there are some authors that look like gangsters on FD :))))). Wich are girls and wich are guys in here btw? :P

doze is a guy, he just likes to dress like a girl :P

+8 more
digitalscience
says
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! change that picture please!!!! :| thats my biatch of an ex lmao Jay

wahahahahhaaaaaa :D

+8 more
digitalscience
says

yup sometimes other buyers help each other out in the comments which is great, but sometimes they give the wrong solution which doesn’t work and people get frustrated, then you get the back and forth of trial and error comments, code is posted and then your file page looks like a disaster… author comes on later and just says, oh you must just publish for Flash 8 and then problem is solved :)

Only the author should be answering the support questions, after all we did make the file ;)

right now we have 2 separate channels for support, through comments and via email, let’s just simplify it and channel all support via email and author can post the relevant answers on the FAQ .

+8 more
digitalscience
says

bobo, it might sound like a step backwards because we are removing a feauture but we’re actually taking a step forward because we would be simplifying the support process. Authors can filter the comments via email, take out the good ones and bad ones, and just use the genuine support related questions which go up on the file FAQ so that other buyers can benefit from the answers. Buyers are not missing out here, they get to speak to the author directly via email, just like they do now on the comments, and previously answered comments are now on a FAQ so buyers can find them quicker without having to look through pages of comments…

+8 more
digitalscience
says

Use the pastie option rather to display code : http://pastie.caboo.se/

+8 more
digitalscience
says

no buyer badge, no support “a friend sent me the file” is not good reason to be asking help here, why do you think he’s not get answers from Triworks?

+8 more
digitalscience
says
if you had 500+ files, maybe you could hire someone to do the support for you… a few forum favourites spring to mind ;-)

I was thinking of that….sanju1979 where are you? :)

+8 more
digitalscience
says
Btw. Not seriously planning on putting up 500 files I hope?

Why not? I do this full time so it would make sense to keep working on new files right? If you stop uploading your sales will decrease gradually, that’s inevitable. But my point is, the more you upload, the more comments/emails you have to manage and unanswered comments/emails can turn negative and effect sales. So if the support side could be steamlined a bit more it would be possible to have 500 files in your portfolio. Afterall, you can buy a full website template for $40 of which the author gets a percentage of that, so that’s next to nothing for the amount of work involved. Why does the author have to spend so much time with every single customer request. I have a 8 page manual with instructions and comments on the code, you get what you get for $40. If they were paying $1000 for the template then that’s a different story and the buyer should have every right to have as much support from the author that they need.

+8 more
digitalscience
says

the thing that is probably missing, is in the FLA the path to the load the XML does not have the path to the folder linkedImagesEasyViewer.

Because you moved the main swf and all the content to a folder and have the index page on the outside of this folder you now have to change all your paths, in the XML and in the FLA ’s.. so anything that is loading an external file will need to have the path to linkedImagesEasyViewer folder. It would save you alot of trouble if you just kept the index page and the swf with the content in the same location.

+8 more
digitalscience
says

tip: press TAB to show you where all the clickable areas are ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by