4966 posts Interactive Design
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Achieved the monthly Community Superstar Award
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+8 more
digitalscience
says

TanerYILDIRIM, why don’t you purchase a flash guestbook on FlashDen, then ask that author to integrate it into the template and build in those other features. You’ll need to work with someone who has ability to make a guestbook in flash and has ASP / PHP background.

+8 more
digitalscience
says
Here is what I thought: 1. If the buyers are able to send message from the item page, FD can easily add a lable to the email as just “Purchased – XML Template” or “Not Purchased – XML Template”. So nothing is complex.

Ah I see, that’s clever, I like that idea. I get emails sometimes saying “how do I add video to your gallery?” but then I have to email back “sorry but which gallery are referring to??” so the label in the subject line with the title of the file they purchased is a very good idea ;)

+8 more
digitalscience
says

I think if this site wants to keep growing at this rate, the way the file comments work needs to be changed. These changes need to be implemented:

1) Only buyers of the file can leave a comment. So no more comments from authors good or bad – these are unnecessary, if authors have an objection to the file they need to contact support with their issue. If buyers have a question about a file before deciding to purchase, then they can contact the author via email – most questions usually don’t apply to the file because it would require a major modification to the file which would need to be an additional charge anyway and only if the author is interested in doing that modification.

2) Authors can edit their own comments (not buyers comments, the authors comment) – just enable the 10 min edit feature like on the forums in case we make a typing error.

3) Disable smiley’s in the pre tags (smiles sometimes show up in ActionScript code)

4) There’s an option in our profile page saying “Are you available for freelance’ if you opt in, it will say you’re available for freelance on your profile page. But if you’re not available for freelance it doesn’t say you’re not available so buyers still email you for freelance work :P There needs to be a message saying ” This author is not available for freelance work, requests for freelance work might not been answered by the author – or something like that.

+8 more
digitalscience
says
I think atleast FD can just add the list items that contacted person bought from the auther. To avoid a long list, I suggested to add the message box in the item page itself.

So trying to picture this, every time someone buys something they appear on a list and then what? When you get an email from them you check on the list to see if they’re email is there? I don’t understand how it would work, please explain ;)

+8 more
digitalscience
says
What I like to point is there should be someway to understand if a contacted person bought that file or not. I got an urgent request to send a slightly changed version. I sent the file, but still I don’t know if that member actually bought the file or not. The worst thing is if the queries are from non-buyers who has 3-4 paragraph of questions/suggestions.

If they contact you via mail, always ask them to send you the FLA as confirmation of purchase before sending them a modified FLA . That way you can be sure they purchased the file.

+8 more
digitalscience
says

You can’t run .exe or .bat files directly from flash – you have to use a third party program like screenweaver or Zinc . These programs have their own commands which you put in your Flash Actions.

+8 more
digitalscience
says
I’ve seen the bug on the following browsers:

Firefox 3 (Windows Vista)
Internet Explorer 7 (Windows Vista)
Opera (Windows Vista)
Safari (Windows Vista)
Firefox 2 (Windows XP)

So in other words… Vista sucks :)

+8 more
digitalscience
says

The only game I’m waiting for is guitar hero world tour… are you ready to ROCK ??? :P

+8 more
digitalscience
says

Ok just checked a newly approved file – seems like it’s been changed to “Awaiting 3 votes” now :)

+8 more
digitalscience
says

Not all buyers rate our files. Let’s take the highest selling file as the bench mark.

Total sales: 1672 Total ratings: 582

That means only 34% of the buyers rated the file. So with a minimum of 5 votes you’ll need roughly 15 sales until you see a star rating. And that’s only if your file is a top seller. Most files are going to take a week or more until they see their first rating. So now most files will seem to have an equal rating of nothing for about a week. I think a minimum of 3 votes would be better than 5.

by
by
by
by
by
by