better to build your own IMO
nice a clean, diggin’ it
its amazing how fast the marketplaces are growing! here’s to another 150,000, cheers!
Ok, I’ve made just about all the requested changes
- Lightened up the body background color to improve contrast
- Darkened date and category info for improved contrast
- Fixed IE6 png transparency issue
- Added a horizontal break in between posts on the archive page
- Reworked some spacing in between elements
Take a look:
make sure you shift refresh, as you might see old cached images, etc…)
I’ve resubmitted it for review, hopefully it gets accepted this time…
@Jonathan – Thanks for the feedback, you’ve definitely encouraged me to re-upload it, I’ve got another few minor tweaks to make and I’ll give it another go. If it doesn’t work out, I like your idea of packaging it with one of my existing themes as a bonus.
@g_gilmore – Thanks, I agree and I thought of putting the search in the nav bar but the only thing that poses a problem is it limits the amount of nav links you can have, so I ended up putting it up top to balance out the logo. I’ll also see how it looks with the nav moved up a bit. Thanks again
I think this is one of your best designs to date
Any other authors or buyers, please feel free to post. I’d really like to get some more outside feedback on this
Trust me I have a A.A.S. in graphic design and a B.A.S. in multimedia design and multiple certifications, and years knowledge under my belt…I know all about theory and best practices.
I’m sorry but I completely disagree with you on 1-3
The Heading color is the same link color used throughout the site, in this instance and many others you want contrasting colors in your header compared to your body copy, and again with the date being a lighter color as to not draw attention away from the more important elements in this case the Header “what the post is about”. We can go back and forth on this all day.
4) This is a simple fix and can see you’re point, I can add a horizontal separator between each post block.
5) This is insanely picky its maybe off by one pixel, I know you guys don’t go that far into detail on your approvals give me a break.
Jarel, I’m sorry but you need to practice what you preach.
I’m just gonna call this template a loss and move on…
1. I took a quick peek in IE6 and the red x shows up on top of the logo. It just means the IE6 transparency fix you used can’t find the transparent graphic.
2. The grunge doesn’t work well with this theme. I don’t think the color of the rest of the whole page works well.
3. No offense here but yes, this could be viewed as the equivalent of free themes available around the web. Look at smashing magazine for instance, there are tons of free themes that meet higher design criteria than this theme. We aren’t trying to be rude, just giving an honest evaluation.I think this template needs several improvements before it would meet our criteria for approval. The typography, colors, element separation, etc. It’s definitely a great start though so I hope this doesn’t discourage you. I hope this helps.
1. Gotcha, I’ll take a look
I think we need some more variety of themes on this site, rather than just portfolio and community themes.
I guess if more people agree with you guys then I’ll have to make some changes or just call this one a loss. But from everyone else that I’ve shown this to Web Professionals and Regular People they’ve all liked it and had nothing but positive remarks.
Ok, my new Wordpress theme got rejected and I think most of the statements made here are a matter of personal opinion
Thank you for taking the time to submit your work. Unfortunately this item doesn’t meet the high approval standards we have for the ThemeForest.
1. There is an “X” on every images in IE6 .
2. Seriously, the grunge effect doesn’t look good here. It was like the whole page has been cover by something. maybe you need to consider using white color? Or other colors.
3. This type of theme remind my those free journal free themes out there. No offend here, I just try to say that maybe user will think like this too.4. The comment box need a minimum height, else, short comment will have some problem.
- I’ve tested and this isn’t happening
- Matter of personal opinion, its not even grunge its watercolor brushes besides this is a nature/natural inspired theme for travel
- Slightly offended by this comment, do you guys think it looks like a free theme?
I would like to know what you guys think, the idea of the theme is to be used as a custom travel blog. Before submitting I ran the design by 5+ people and they all loved it, so I thought I was on the right track but maybe not.
My Questions to you guys:
- Does it need more features? I’ve included 3 custom widgets (flickr, about & current location), Custom Write Post Panel, Auto Image resizing, etc…
- Do you agree with the reviewer on the “Grunge”?
Any comments or help is appreciated.
Use web safe fonts for all text except logo title, slogans and etc… And template will be OK!
@toopie – as everyone else stated, I would work on your typography, and also your grid and hierarchy of elements.
Here’s a nice roundup post on grid based design – http://www.fuelyourcreativity.com/grid-based-design-toolbox/