Yes and people who have a lot of badges can be called badgers, wait what?
ha ha. good one
I really don’t like when these new themes use fixed for thieir sidebar and I cannot see the full content of the sidebar. not good as far as I am concerned and I would not send out a resume with a layout like this. this would need to be changed before I would even consider using any of the current themes on sale.
You must consider that the viewer of your submitted resume may not appreciate the fancy layout as much as you do and certainly will miss some of your vital information if it is not displayed for them on your sidebar. Also to be considered is the potential screen resolution the employer may be using and that your resume better show up at its best on the worst screen resolution you can imagine.
I am sure most resumes would be printed but perhaps not depending on reaction to the HTML page they are able to view. If sending in a resume, you want to present yourself in the best light you can and a poorly functioning HTML resume won’t help the situation.Al
al_m473 it is like you are talking about a Cv I just submitted for review Less than 800 px wide and with a more classical approach to the cv – more professional color scheme, a 1 column layout with clearly divided sections and subsections and a a nice matching print style sheet. Works in IE6 flawlessly too.
I like what the other authors have submitted but feel that some of the more traditional recruiters are expecting something else (format wise) when looking at a CV. I built my item with this thing in mind.
I really hope it gets accepted. Take a look at it when it does and let me know what you think
Yes if you submit new files through the Edit page it will go on a review queue.
From what I can tell it is a different one from the submission queue so it will be processed much faster.
You could send him an email directly with the new files while reviewers get to your update.
Congrats on your first sale! Keep it up
The things I would consider revising:
1. The Cu3er slider. Switch it with basically anything else. By now I think the reviewers are sick and tired of it as well.
2. The sub menu would probably look better if you didn’t make the font style italic
3. The line just below the cu3er and the line that starts the footer stand out too much. maybe a softer color is better along with a bigger width
4. The arrow used for each item in the sidebar could be better
5. nicer social icons could be used – here is a nice free set http://jwloh.deviantart.com/art/Aquaticus-Social-91014249
6. the footer is too simple. You could consider expanding it into a 3 column footer followed by the copyright message. Some of the content from the sidebar could be moved in the footer like the About me, Social Media and the Stay up to date
7. get rid of the line separating the sidebar from the main content and find a way to delimit each sidebar widget
8. the Read More links could be styled to look like buttons
9. add some color to the template to lighten it up. For example the read more buttons mentioned above could change on hover to a nice color
10. use better pictures for the preview. since you design hasn’t got much color some colorful pics would lighten it up and make it look more attractive. a good place to find nice pics is http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons/by-2.0/
11. improve overall typography – here is a list of minimalistic tempaltes with excelent typography for inspiration – http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/wordpress/minimalistic-clean-free-wordpress-themes/ A minimalistic theme I really like – http://midmodesign.com/work/
I’m interested . But first I need to see a preview of the file as well.
A starting price for a page would be 30$ for the more basic ones and increases with the completxity.
Send me a PM with a link to the preview through my profile page if interested.
Just adding my 2Cents in..
#1. When you click on the Discussion link I noticed the 590×300 px preview image and Screenshots and Live Preview buttons disappear.
I really think they should be there as some people could find things confusing – meaning not knowing if it is still the same item or not.
Plus leaving it there also has the benefit of:
- making going to the Discussion page feels like just going to another Tab
- if the comments make you interested and want to see the preview / re see it you don’t have to go to another page to see it
#2. I love danielku’s second idea for the position of the author thumb and badges. Seeing the thumb of one of the more successful authors / a author you bought from before can tell you much about the file / be a guarantee for it;s quality.
#3. I’d love to see more items in the ” More Items by author_name ” section. 7 I think is to few … What could be done is move that section directly below “Collections that include this item”. and make a 5 row x 3 columns section. And you have 15 items.
And if you have to leave it at 7:
- maybe show the authors more successful files
- if the author has files on more markets and someone is checking out themeforest.net then in the “more items by author” section only show files regarding that market
JeffreyWay I am not interested in the reviewer job ( as i don’t meet the criteria) but I am curios what kind of files / applications will be suitable for the marketplace.
What I’m asking is some examples of what would be accepted and you think would sell?
Although it is intended for photography mainly I think this theme will suite you well if you want a minimalist design where the portfolio items are the focus:
Hi I need the above for a client. Does anyone have a template that will serve this purpose? Any recommendations? I need a template with sharp design and one that will stand out, and with good seo programming in mind. Thanks.
Hi gr8. As a matter of fact I have a personal trainer site available.
It is basically a 2 column template and the first page has a special design, different than that of the rest, and really stands out.
The template is: - valid xhtml 1.0 Transitional and css 2.0. - built on the Blueprint Css Framework - cross browser compatible - source code is nicely formatted and commented making modifying it easy - enhancements like IE6 png fix, lightbox, paypal buttons, contact form, flash gallery etc
- front page - about page - personal training/ meal planning services page – has integration with paypal - gallery – a nice flash gallery - contact page – working contact form
If you are interested contact my through my profile page: http://themeforest.net/user/bitpub