my christmas flyer was rejected:
“You need to work on making the file here more unique. There are many files on the site that make similar use of the same fonts and styles, so try to work something new and original up.”
What do you think? Could you give me some tipps?
If you need help, then feel free to contact the reviewer via support.
I was about to open a thread like this a week ago but decided not to.
I think those of us that are getting rejected files (even the good ones) need to change our thinking. The rejected files just force me to stay on top of my game and push the creative envelope even further. Truthfully, some of us limit ourselves to what we see others are selling well on Graphic River, or what we are used to designing. That’s why I create items for other categories that are not as popular. My thinking is; “If i can generate enough premium items in those categories then maybe one day I’ll be the elite in that niche”.
I felt the same as some of you stated in earlier post, about favoritism, seeing files approved with not so good quality etc. The bottom line is, those files (not all of them), have some great new concepts that none of us have tried.
My other suggestions are:
1. Look around the net for some influences that are outside the norm, something abstract that will push your creativity.
2. Try some plug-ins that have some unique outcomes. (I only use one, but might decide to try others)
3. Experiment, experiment, experiment.
4: Remix the rejected files, I’ve done that 3 time and got accepted.
5. Don’t rush to put an item out. We look at the design for hours and get a little tunnel vision. Take a break and come back to the design and see if it is actually unique and also one of the best works that you have ever created.
6. Try cross platforms. Within your Photoshop file, try adding elements from Illustrator, Cinema 4D, or another program of your choosing.
7. Update your education about features within your program that you might be neglecting. (Brushes, actions, masking, 3D, multiple smart objects etc.)
8. Experiment, experiment, experiment.
All the best to all of us with rejected files in the future. I hope what I said helps
Some great suggestions there
I think in the last weeks there become more and more people a marketplace-member. This increases the number of uploaded items, of course.
In my two-years-membership here I´ve never seen over 420 items in the queue.
How many reviewers are working on this queue? What do you think?I guess: We need more…
I think the number is down to new categories as Constantin has said