- Drawing, typing and taking notes on these things: very enjoyable!
- I never rely on my tablet pc as my main workstation. I use it more to develop ideas, take notes, sketch up drafts, start a project from the living room, watching movies and browsing the internet.
- It’s great for starting projects, but the more advanced the project gets the more tedious it becomes.
- Anything I start on the tablet gets finished on my 27inch OSX workstation. But I also use the tablet to test my files when they are finished to make sure they also work in Windows.
- Template customizations are very doable on the tablet since it’s mostly just data input
- I use the wacom tablet to do simple frame by frame animations in Flash and TV Paint: enjoyable!
- Windows tablet+Xbox = media centre for TV
If you end up getting it, I’d recommend you get at least a 128GB SSD and 8GB ram… Windows 8 takes around 13GB of space and the Adobe Master Collection is around 25GB. What’s left gets used up very fast!
Take a look around the TabletPC Review forum before you buy, it has helped me many times. Good luck!
I have no idea how difficult it is to plan, but I like it when AJ items include multiple versions of a track in different lengths… 30s, 1m, 2m etc.. This makes it very convenient for making templates.
Did I miss the announcement? I see this feature in my author dashboard… SWEET!!!! Does it work beyond 7 days after purchase?
Hey guys, I’m looking for someone to make me a one-page site that displays small video thumbnails on a 3 or 4 column grid. I’ll be looking to have these features if possible:
- videos should play on a constant loop
- text title under each video that can be selected by viewer for copy/paste
- would be nice if the videos only load if they are seen on screen
- would be nice if the grid layout was responsive
- place for a banner at the top
Anyone interested? Contact me via my profile page. Thanks! Andre
Thanks for all the inquiries guys! You can lock this thread as the job has already been taken
Hey guys, anyone interested in doing the sound design for my new logo stinger? Please send me a message through my profile if interested and I’ll send you a preview.
Thanks! - Andre
It could be interesting to have an “item request” area for customers to vote on ideas… But I think you are well positioned Seb. I have the opposite problem: many ideas but not enough time and skill to make it happen Anyways, you can always share your concepts in the fr fb group and get some feedback there.
EDIT: just saw there is an item request tab in the forum haha oops!
I’ve had this problem before with some customers in the past… if the assets were extracted from the zip, then have them re-link the files in AE. Sometimes some assets don’t extract though, ask if they can find the MOV in the download folder. If it’s not there, have them try to re-extract the download with 7zip. I’ve had some good luck with that program. I think those issues were coming from using special characters in the asset’s file names.
Here’s an interesting experiment… trying to find the source of the “Locking Existing Frames” ram preview problem without effects or expressions. I just made a solid in a blank project, then keyframed rotation and position values, duplicated the layer 20 times and then pre-comped it. Then I duplicated that pre-comp 20 times and them pre-comped it again. Then I duplicated that pre-comp 430 times then made a new composition out of all those pre-comps. Added an audio file, ram preview and… spinning wheel at the locking frames stage re-created! When I remove the audio, the problem disappears and it renders instantly. With the audio in, I started removing comps until the spinning wheel lasted a reasonable amount of time, about 10 second wait at 150 comps, then 3-5 seconds at 120 comps. It just seems like AE can’t handle both audio and a high volume of comps. It definately matters what you put in the comps, but this was done with just a few solids. Now, with this in mind, and if we take audio out of the picture, AE is doing a pretty damn good job running my project with so many expressions
Ok after spending 2 full days relinking all expressions (thanks to Paul Tuersley’s pt_expressedit), it appears that I have excessively over 15 000 expressions …. As you guys suggested, I’m ready to bake some of them. A big majority of them are linking the Stroke effect properties to a central controller. Any idea how to bake expressions or effects en masse?