Hei, yep you really need to work out before you get dribble invite, i will suggest to search on google, time to time some people really give away dribble invites. Here you’re one of real giveaway of 2 invites, try it:
Here is another giveaway until April 30th: http://www.kc-webdesign.co.uk/web_design/dribbble-invite-giveaway-web-design-kent
Here is few more: http://digitaljoni.com/blog/dribbble-invite-giveaway/
Most of them will end on last day of March, so be hurry!
Tip – how to find my invite:
1. Search on google with this query (without quotes):
“2012 dribbble invite”
2. Choose “More search tools” under Google search left menu.
3. Choose “Past week”
This will give you latest dribbble giveaway results that still works and not ended!
Also you may try “2012 mar dribbble invite” search query, add short word of the month you’re searching, for example March – mar, April – apr, by doing this you will get latest blogposts that were posted some giveaways of invites.
1. Type in Google “dribbble invite 2012” (without quotes)
2. Choose “More” in Google left menu and “Blogs” or “Discussions”
3. Choose “Past 24 hours” if no results – “Past week” or “Past month”
Most of dribbble giveaways lasts from week to 1 month. Many dribbble users tend to write about their giveaway in their blogs or forums, so by filtering your search results you will be able to find hundreds of giveaways with ease! Good luck!
Ok guys, some of my referrals and people in real life ask me about how to start selling in Envato marketplaces with zero costs? This post i think should be really useful for Envato starters or people who still experimenting on their workflow around Envato markets and have great skills and empty pockets! One of the problem for new people is hard to find places where to put their preview files, image and marketing files for Envato profile pages or item pages. So let’s start from images:
1. Where do i store may images for FREE ? I really recommend to beautify your portfolios with extra images that will be like “call of action” gadgets, we can see really beautiful profile pages around here, some users use their own paid hosting servers, some not. I really recommend start using free image hosting services like:
http://imageshack.us/ – very reliable image storage for life, just upload files and they stay there forever!
http://imgur.com/ – very easy and fast image storage, just drag and drop.
Just upload your images to these free image storage services and get direct links to your images, put image links in your profiles or items and force your buyer to know you and your items more!
2. Where do i host my template live demo, script preview, flash preview file, own website, portfolio, other images or item updates absolutely for FREE ? Another huge problem is preview file hosting, where to host all preview files for template just for free free? How can i host demo of my script or flash? Those questions are really common. I personally suggest for those who are absolutely under zero budget and do not want or do not have yet what to invest into web hosting, start using free hosting services! You can find lot’s of free hosting with awful services, with forced ads or huge limitations. Here you are starters – exactly what you need:
At ServersFree.com you may upload via FTP whole websites, demos, preview files or set whole portfolio page with cPanel, PHP , 10Gb of disk space, 100Gb of monthly bandwidth and almost no restrictions and no stupid ads absolutely for FREE ! Just see their features, it’s almost like paid hosting that cost you nothing. Very recommended for those who want to spare extra dollars or starting from new!
3. Where to host my videos, tutorials, presentations or watermarked Videohive demos for FREE ? No talks – Youtube.com is greatest place to start with! Also it’s really helpful for attracting new customers because it’s largest video search engine! Also for those who wants to upload large duration videos, you should look inside Vimeo.com.
4. Where i can host my watermarked audio for attracting customers into Audiojungle market for FREE ? I suggest you start using Soundcloud.com services! It’s free and easy, you may upload all your watermarked music and link back to original tracks inside audiojungle. Also nice trick is to promote your audio via Envato embeddable audio player, you may put Soundcloud or Envato music players in your website of portfolio. This will cost nothing to you! Youtube or Vimeo also works well!
5. How i can showcase my Graphicriver illustrations, posters or design works for FREE ? Start with Dribbble.com – great place to showcase your works and get reviews from others, even if your work is just started or in progress and you’re still thinking about some few pixels to move in or out. Also i really recommend to start with Pinterest.com. This is real bomb for those who make really beautiful images and want to get explode in sales! Just create whole albums of you best works and share with others, if your images ware really great – success in sale is on your side!
Some of services are really well known, some not, but all them are really kickstarts your first steps in Envato world. Hope you have found something new for your starting success Envato sales!
Good luck! SP
P.S. Do you have something to add? Do you know extra “must have” tools, share it!
ADG3studios, thanks for reply.
Thanks miksmusic for suggestion, looks like i will be writing them back next time if it happens again.
RME fireface – the must!
Urbazon, thank for reply. Those examples were just random, so it maybe various titles, like: xxxxx – Emotional, xxxxxx – Sport show, xxxxx – Very Lonely Trailer, xxxxx – Any Other Related Text and so on… Not exactly as category is. Also talking here only about really descriptive items, not spammy and not unrelated titles, that should be removed for sure.
Nice to hear you everyone here. This place is just amazing. I have one big question that wanted to ask for years, no any personal accusation and no disrespect to any of our nice AJ reviewers. Question is really generic!
It’s not a first time while reviewers cut out/crop item Titles! Let’s see example, you have uploaded file that is accepted but in your surprise reviewer just cut out very descriptive title of the item for example, just random:
The Troy – Epic Cinematic Track -> published as “The Troy”
Weekends – Happy tune -> published by reviewer as “Weekends”
Get Up – Corporate Track -> “Get Up”
Reviewer removes “Cinematic track”/”Happy Tune” and leaves “The Troy” or “Weekends”! What we get in result -> buyer who is looking for a nice track for his cinematic trailer or emotional good track would never click, find or listen this tracks in because they became undescriptive – “The Troy” or “Weekends” says nothing!
Final results: buyer did not find track that he really need, publisher stuck in nowhere, with “Weekend” title almost impossible to sale even one of few times by search!
Lets make analysis on other Envato markets, going into ThemeForest, GraphicRiver… Just do any random search and we see lot’s of good and descriptive items:
Karma – Clean and Modern Wordpress Theme
Flashlight – fullscreen background portfolio theme
Accent Template for Business Corporate Portfolio
Gaia Clean Business, Corporate and Portfolio
Avisio – Business and Portfolio
Duotive Fortune – Wordpress Theme
Polyon – Futuristic WordPress Theme
3D Map Generator – Action
2012 New Year – Party Poster
Sexy Christmas Flyer | 2 Dimensions | 5 Colors
And so on…
I just read those titles and exactly know what i will be getting inside of full item description and what i’m gonna to buy.
Also there are no way of changing title of items later. You can’t change item title if you think that you titled it wrong, oreviewer cropped it… Any ideas how to do that?
So final question is – this is matter of reviewer only in AJ market? This is made by intention to push down your item or this is just normal practice?
What do you think guys?
Superb! Congrats, you’ve got nice portfolio!
Want it for real!