Posts by Raincutter

3085 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
Raincutter says
I hate to be naggy or anything, but since this is my first try at envato…

I know, I’ve read the wiki and everything about ques and whatnot, I felt bad while counting 3 positions down per day… but now I feel even worse. It’s not even mentioning the order anymore, just that the item has been held for review. It’s 3 days +... I just hope it gets accepted, just so I start off on the right foot. Would be pretty depressing to wait for it this long and see it go BOOM . :D

Anyhow, the forums do provide a good lecture while you’re waiting! Best regards, CB

the business card I was talking about (the one held for review) took 7 days to be accepted. Don’t know what took so long but I’m happy atlast that it has been accepted.

BTW goodluck with your submission. I really hope that it gets selected. I perfectly know how much it frustrates waiting in que and then being rejected.

3085 posts
+6 more
Raincutter says

I thought u could’ve copy pasted the link in your browser’s address bar and it would work.

I’ve given the reason as stated by reviewer after the word ‘Edit’. I think you missed that. There’s no other reason stated by him.

3085 posts
+6 more
Raincutter says

no suggestions?

3085 posts
+6 more
Raincutter says

atleast you must keep up with the latest version of your flash player everytime it upgrades.

3085 posts
+6 more
Raincutter says

ok, this is the second time my layer styles have got rejected. I know maybe the last time i submitted was not beautiful enough to be submitted but what’s with this one? I think t requires some technical stuff to be repaired. What do you guys think? I’m also planning to ask the reviwer about why it got rejected so that I can improve in what I submit next time.

http://i50.tinypic.com/zl44jp.jpg

Edit: this was the reason given by reviewer:

Unfortunately this file does not meet GraphicRiver’s strict aesthetic guidelines and cannot be approved.

3085 posts
+6 more
Raincutter says
Whatever the case may be, the problem with items flying off the front page at a staggering rate in contrast with those being reviewed at a mind-boggling pace (mind you the duality of meanings of this wonderful term) is still something of real importance. Think about it from the users point of view: You, as patient as you may be, wait +-3 days for something to be accepted, IF it gets accepted, just so you see it jump right off the frontpage, down to page 2 in a matter of… minutes. It might sound exaggerated, but it’s actually pretty darn close to what’s happening right now. Just explain to me, please, I really mean no offence with this post, I might be missing something, but HOW is a NEW user supposed to be encouraged to use Envato, if his first few submissions end up being ignored from day 1 (if his 15 minutes of fame are at 7AM) up to the first few weeks-months until someone actually finds them using the search function… Thank you for reading, and I repeat : I mean no disrespect, and if it sounds like it, it’s just my bad english, and it’s not aimed at any of the reviewers or Envato staff.

That’s the problem. But there’s no particular solution to the term you’re exaplaining me. Whatever we may do, items at frontpage are going to get off as soon as newer items are accepted. Here situations clash with each other. If you want your items to stay longer onto the frontpage, the reviewers have to pause the reviewing process for more time which means much longer delay for acceptance of newer items. Here the solution may be creating a single page just for recent items but I’m sure that won’t work. That would be like creating a massive page for 100’s of entries. And at the very least we cannot do anything. It’s upto envato about what they really want to do. What we can do is just put the best of our effort in our files. I’m a new user myself and there’s nothing like if you get to the frontpage you’re gonna get more sales. Yeah that maybe a little more beneficial but to sell our files on a massive scale all we need is that high and unique quality in our files. (no offense. it’s just my belief and I’m not trying to disrespect anyone)

3085 posts
+6 more
Raincutter says
yeah….I’ve had 2 items sitting in the queue about to go on 6 days. Do items in the Design Template queue get approved much slower or something?

Well I had a business card stuck for 5 days (when resubmitted with major changes as suggested by arik) and after that it has been held temporarily by reviewer team. I guess we all should be atleast a little more patient cuz it takes time to review and choose quality items.

3085 posts
+6 more
Raincutter says

I can design a PSD especially if we’re talking about web 2.0 feel but I’m afraid that I won’t be able to convert it into wordpress or joomla or html as currently my studies are going on. Please let me know what you think by contacting mel @ achlvt@gmail.com.

3085 posts
+6 more
Raincutter says

I can as well help you in designing your logo. I have a good experience in logo designing as well. I’m willing to send you a pofile of my work. Please let me know. You can mail me at achlvt@gmail.com for further discussion.

3085 posts
+6 more
Raincutter says

I’ve designed a card in past in PS in rgb and then it needed to be converted into CMYK . The colors were not very bright in the rgb and so an adjustment layer of brightness and contrast did the work after converting it into CMYK .

Hope that would help. Though as I said my design was dull already.

by
by
by
by
by
by