Payments will be process in the next 1-2 days so sit tight , sorry for the delay but it was a long weekend in Melbourne and we only ended the bundle on Saturday.
Ticket is in for the devs, should be sorted in the next week or so
Sorry it’s a little late and I’m too lazy to go back and quote everyone questions but this should address most of the concerns out there
- Will the “Weekly Top Sellers” be returning to the New Item homepage feature? The short answer is yes, when 14 days max or earlier if we gather enough baseline data over the next 7 days.
- Will we add subcategories i.e. ActiveDen – Site templates, Galleries, utilities etc? more than likely yes but we have other dependencies to resolve before this will be actioned. So it’s out of scope in the short term.
- What are we hoping to find in the stats? Currently a disproportionate amount of sales via the Weekly Top Seller page are from authors (like you said you like hanging out on this page ) while other sections of the site like browse by category & search are following more typical patterns. So while the Weekly Top Sellers page is a hit with authors we want to make it more useful for buyers as well and as we make these incremental changes we need a way of measuring them effectively.
- Will we be updating the Weekly Top Sellers page functionality? Yes – I don’t think anyone ask about that so just a FYI
The popular files link is now in the bottom right-hand corner.
It’s a great idea, but needs a bit of improvement imo. First off, the text is barely visible, buttons would be much more cooler, because people could see them better. The old buttons were awesome and very visible. Second, the popular files button isn’t visible at all . I was looking for it as well, and until I read this thread I couldn’t find it anywhere except the main FILES menu . And popular files is a really important section I think. Just my 2 cents- Fifty
Yes the text links are a little subtle (for now) but for this first round we want to see if users use the filters first and foremost before we reintroduce buttons like top sellers etc due to the visual weight of the buttons.
There’s a little method to the madness with changing the links on New Items, at present if you look at ThemeForest’s top sellers http://themeforest.net/page/top_sellers you’ll see that 17 of the top 20 are WordPress (really? who would have thought ) but as you know we sell lots of other templates that don’t get as much exposure.
So the current change is the first step to help buyers filter information that’s most relevant to them, it also allows us to get a fresh set of analytics data to understand users browsing habits and set a baseline moving forwards.
Next steps will be
- Review the data after 14 days setting a new baseline
- Tweak the links based our finding via analytics
- Re-review the data after 14 days
- Make final revisions
- Move on to redesign the top sellers page!
Here’s a low-fi solution for now, top search terms for the past 90 days!Ordered by popularity
oh and am I missing the “this item belongs to collections” button?
Yes that was removed as usages(click throughs) were super low < 0.5% , we’ll be looking at resurrecting a feature similar to this down the track.