When i get the Level 9 Badge (250K $), Envato promoted one of my item (1000$ google promote). It was now – in January.
1. I was waiting 3 months until it started. 2. It was working one week or 10 days.. not remember exactly. 3. It gives me 580 new visitors 4. It sells only 3 times 5. And i earn $121 form 1000$ promote.
So, i was waiting 3 months for 3 sales) I’m not so happy)
It’s not about profits from ads. It’s about delivering on promises.
IngeniousArtist saidBut you can’t redistribute other authors work on a personal site regardless if you purchased a licence, and the licence itself is non-transferable.
So, for example i am from a blog, and i want to give away 3 license i bought from for example- your items. So, i bought 3 license, and now i did the giveaway and will give 3 license to 3 people.
I saw themes bundled with plugins from CodeCanyon on competing theme marketplace, though..
More than 3 month past. Still nothing from Envato.
Guys, maybe it’s time to remove the “rewards” from Envato Elite site?
1. It’s incorrect to compare multipurpose theme vs “twenty fifteen”. Or “twenty fifteen” can do everything that that multipurpose theme can?
2. If page speed “was not in initial brief” then neither client nor Envato cannot demand it. I’m shocked by the fact that “the envato studio support replies back saying that “this issue needs to be fixed [...] before the job can be closed or they will be refunding back to the buyer””. I think you should contact Envato support regarding these incorrect actions of Envato studio staff.
Hey Oliver!WS-Theme said
Is it allowed to submit this Template as a new one (it has a new Name and also the design is changing). Can anybode answer this Question?
That’s a great question! If both the design and features are significantly different between the two versions, you should be safe to submit this as a new item.
Of course, it’ll still need to go through the review process and there’s no guarantee it will be approvedChristian
This way Envato just pushes authors to create more themes.
Guys, grow up already! This strategy was good for a small marketplace. You are big enough, and it’s time to start growing in terms of product quality, not quantity.
At this moment buyers are getting horrid experience with items that are not on Top Sellers list simply because you refuse to charge for updates: authors have zero interest in updating items the moments they stop selling. In todays world, this business model is not sustainable both for authors and buyers.
Please let me remind you: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/preparing-for-upcoming-vat-changes/151408?message_id=1189597&page=60#1189597 . Though this thread was silently locked without a proper reply, it is not forgotten.
Your original post flagged due to language.Please respect your fellow users, staff, and moderators. We are all part of a community and you are expected to treat all users in a professional and respectful manner.
Please remember when posting:
- Does this improve the conversation?
- Does this treat my fellow community members and Staff with respect?
- Is my criticism constructive and am I criticizing ideas and not people?
Then please remove the offensive words and bring the post back.
And remarks from Envato staff about “respect”, “civilized” and “constructive criticism” sounds as well hypocritical after this thread: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/preparing-for-upcoming-vat-changes/151408?page=60 and locking it silently
Edit: Thank you for bringing the post back.
Since obviously nobody is going to restore the original post, I will re-post it:
I’m reading and thinking about this: http://www.envato.com/2014
No one will deny that 2014 was a great year both for Envato and us, authors. Though there were some controversial changes, you rolled out lots of long awaited features, improvements and other stuff. Kudos for it!
However. Don’t you find those triumphant reports about THE COMMUNITY (which you [find_your_own_word] by miscommunicating on VAT and “authors are selling directly to buyers” and other smelly things) being a bit hypocritical?
Personally I – do.
Miroslav (from Dream-Theme)