Can you upload the unmastered version as well? It is hard to comment without hearing the before and after.
I wanted to take a minute to voice my concern over the fact that the Trax files show up in the AJ Top Sellers Listings: This is a concern for several reasons:
1. Trax and AJ items do not have the same license – if a user purchases a Trax item they play from the Top Sellers List they may assume that the $2 gives them the same license because they are listed on the same page as the royalty free tracks.
2. The audience for Trax and AJ is totally different – Trax is a personal download service ala itunes and AJ is a professional marketplace consumers license audio for use in their projects and productions. I am afraid having Trax files mixed with AJ files will cause consumers (especially new buyers) confusion.
3. It really isn’t fair to AJ authors to compare sales to Trax authors – it is like comparing apples and oranges – the pricing is different, the licenses are different, the intended audience is different.
4. The other marketplaces do not operate this way, all of the top lists are for each individual marketplace, photodune and themeforest don’t share a top list etc…
5. It is not fair to the AJ authors – Having the trax files in the top list likely doesn’t help their sales much as buyers are looking for production music not personal music but it does hurt AJ authors as it bumps AJ authors out of the list.
These are my concerns and would like to hear other thoughts on the issue:
That is a really bad move mixing the top files like that, they are intended for two dramatically different audiences and don’t even carry the same licenses. Having the trax listings on the AJ site does nothing to help the trax users and only hurts the AJ users and clients.
I think they should be separated, anyone else want to give their opinion?
I was just curios as to why Trax files were showing up on the AJ weekly top sellers list – anyone know what that is?
I think you are totally missing the intent of this marketplace. This is a MARKETPLACE , a place where people do commerce and try to make money – Envato is in the business of making money, all businesses are. They are totally within their rights to screen out content they don’t think they can make money with – honestly I wish they were harder in their reviewing process.
If you don’t like the rejection open a support ticket, be a pro. Take your file to another market or sell it yourself if you believe in it, open your own website…. take the time you spend venting getting better at your craft…
Unfortunately that’s just a personal opinion.. what is “better” and what isn’t …
There are a lot of threads about music being subjective and not being able to define “better”. I think that is bogus. I live in Nashville which has a very high concentration of musicians, writers and engineers. Everyone knows who the great players are, who the great engineers are and who the great writers are – they are “better” than everyone else. I can have a track mixed by an a list engineer and it will sound “better” than my mix, I can have a guitar track cut by one of the a list session players and it will sound better than my guitar track. Yes, music is subjective but I bet I can pick two tracks (similar in style) and post them in a thread and have 90%+ of the people pick one as being better than the other.
Just my two cents.
I’m not being nasty or anything just truthful… The “top” authors are going to say it takes time and thats all well and good if one of your tracks is selling 15/20+ in a week, i would probably say the same thing… but its taken well over a year for me to sell 43 tracks never mind 3,576 .. and thats the truth
All writers need to be honest – especially with themselves. Unless your tracks are better than Soundrolls or Tim McMorris it is un-likely that you will have similar sales volume or break into the top authors spot. Soundroll, McMorris etc all create amazing tracks – I listen and learn from them everyday.
I have to agree with Soundroll. We were all new authors at one time. Also, I rarely have a file in the “Top Files” list but have a pretty large library and consistent monthly sales.
I like Logic Pro but would wait to see which direction the wind blows with Apple. It appears that they are leaving the pro market space. They have dumbed down and ruined their flagship editing software Final Cut Pro and they discontinued Shake (which was the software used for many of the effects in Lord Of The Rings). I would be afraid of them deciding Logic was to “difficult” for the average user and rewrite it as garage band pro – they have a history of doing this with pro apps.