Posts by Art101

300 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
Art101 says

It’s confusing and I don’t get the new fee structure at all. The item price remains the same. I still get the same %. The buyer still gets the item with an unchanged price. Who cares how is Envato’s % is split up and how it’s named? :) They do whatever they want with it. The fraction % numbers are also very confusing. Why does the example say ‘a $100’ item and then it says ‘item price $80’. An $100 item is a $100 item and costs $100, the $80 is never there. I don’t understand it but whatever :) Looking forward to the shopping cart feature! Affiliates still get envato’s cut (30%) right?

I have a bad feeling about that 80-20 percent. We sell OUR items for a price and give Envato 30% for their service. it’s not a share. we don’t share the revenue with Envato, we pay for a service. aren’t we?

300 posts
+6 more
Art101 says

The core idea of this marketplace is to sell high quality items for very low price with no support required. So, Authors can focus on creating more quality files and buyers can get quality files for low price.

By time authors was forced to provide support afraid from bad rating and losing new buyers. So, many authors stop creating new files and some authors already left the marketplace.

Solution:
1. Keep the low price of the items but no free support.
2. Envato create a “request an author support” system where buyers can send the author a support request for some basic fees such as $5 then the author can reply to the buyer’s questions or give him a higher quote to make the required support. btw authors can answer simple question for free and cancel the request fees (I think most author will do so).
3. Envato can take a 30% for creating, maintaining, solving author/buyer problems.
4. Authors have to reply within 72hr to the questions or the request get cancelled and the buyer gets his request fees back.

That way buyers get a low priced items and IF they need support they can get it from the author (how knows his work) for some fees. And authors can focus on creating more quality items or get a reasonable return from support. And Envato helps buyer and author and make more money.

300 posts
+6 more
Art101 says

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for your interest in our work, I got your email about the Interactive World Map and replied. For further clarification, feel free to email us back.

Kind regards
Art101

300 posts
+6 more
Art101 says

I got the payment but I didn’t get the usual envato confirmation email!!

Just received the confirmation email, and the processing withdrawal issue on the withdraw page is fixed. Thanks

300 posts
+6 more
Art101 says

I got the payment but I didn’t get the usual envato confirmation email!!

300 posts
+6 more
Art101 says

This thread is now in › Item Discussion

Thanks for moving it to the correct category.

300 posts
+6 more
Art101 says

Hi Art101,

I’m not an author yet either, but I think I will be soon (I’ve submitted once and been rejected, but looking back, the theme I submitted was terrible, and I’m glad I was rejected because it made me try harder, and at the very least, my skills and knowledge have improved greatly since then).

The main thing is to stay positive. You’ve invested a good amount of time in the theme, and you learned a lot whilst you were making it, so the time you spent was not wasted.

You are now closer to having your theme accepted.

Take a step back, compare your theme with other themes on Themeforest – does yours look like a Themeforest theme? The answer is … no, but with the right changes, it could easily be.

Notice how the other authors have been meticulous in their attention to detail and how the themes have an overall concept that ties them together.

Focus on these two aspects – detail – and concept (or, more aptly “theme”).

Here’s some more specific advice too, because I know what its like to ask the forum for help and just get replies like “its not good”, or “it looks terrible” with no positive feedback;

Look at other sources for inspiration – e.g. Dribble To try to match your theme with the ones on Themeforest you will undershoot the mark, but if you try to match your work to the very best designers out there, you will hopefully overshoot and be not only accepted, but get some good sales too.

Here is some more specific things I noticed (note, I’m not a great designer, but I’m talking from a potential buyer’s point of view here).

Overall theme; 1) The overall layout is fine, but concept isn’t that original or eye-catching. Try to be as creative as possible here , especially with the small details – typography, spacing, JQuery effects, better/more original form layout.

The top menu; 1) Try a new logo, or don’t have the logo at all – try text in its place maybe. 2) Not enough space between logo and links. 3) Link text size, font and/or font weight is wrong.

The footer; 1) Combination of logo on bottom right and copyright text on left upper looks wrong (this could also be due to the logo not being great).

The alerts; 1) The font size and spacing looks wrong and the colour isn’t great either.

So maybe start there, and hopefully it will become better – but don’t be afraid to start over too if you see a great design out there or have a great concept idea that inspires you, because ultimately the new theme you create will be better, and you can still bring over the knowledge you learned from making this one.

Hope that helps, Stay positive!

Hi Aidan,

Thanks for your detailed comment, I appreciate your specific feedback about the site and your general advise about handling a rejection. I will give myself a break, work on another project then get back with a fresh eye and the willing to enhance it.

Thanks again and good luck for you as an author :)

300 posts
+6 more
Art101 says

I don’t see the minigo resemblance

Thanks ThemeToast :)

300 posts
+6 more
Art101 says

Aside form the spacing and visual weighting issues, it’s probably got a lot to do with the fact that this is very heavily based on the visuals of the superb MiniGO coming soon plugin. At least change the font from Lato to something original.

Thanks kops for your feedback, I’ll take your point in consideration. but I think you may have that feeling because it is a small category and almost all its items have the same content; logo, countdown timer, subscription, contact us forms but I believe it’s completely different in design.

300 posts
+6 more
Art101 says

Thanks very much Andrei for taking the time to check it and for your useful feedback :)

by
by
by
by
by
by