You may find this article helpful – http://www.apple.com/support/switch101/
I made the switch from PC to mac a while ago and I wouldn’t go back to PC unless I had to.
Depending on your role in the agency ( designer, coder, both ) I would recommend using photoshop ( obviously ), Espresso ( for coding. I think general preference varies 50/50 between Espresso and Coda ), Transmit ( FTP ) and Mozilla with Firebug.
There are also handy little apps that make life easier : LittleIpsum and Text Expander I love.
As you are working for an agency, it may be you do not have a choice of software you would like to use, in which case all of what I have just said is useless
Anyway I hope this helped you a little.
Personally I don’t like people claiming that their item is “the best of its kind” or “the best item on Envato” as that is down to personal judgment and taste. I do however think that this may be a little more acceptable if the item has been featured/had a lot of sales compared to the other similar items in its category … but I still don’t like it.
As for it being allowed or not, I assume it is as items with this on it are being accepted. It may however reflect badly on the author if their item only gets a few sales whilst claiming to be “the best on the marketplace”.
Just my thoughts
i saw some authors have put images of movies and some cartoon. so if i use the same kinda of movie images, from whom do i need to take permiission ?? as i think movie images should be license free ?
As far as I know, you may use images from movies when presenting your template in the item preview as long as they are not included in the main download file, i.e sold.
I hope this helped you,
Hi , lutfia1313
Keynote is a Presentation tool developed by Apple and included in the iWork suite.
I haven’t done any marketing by my feature on Envato Notes increased my clickthroughs.
P.S. Congratulations on your 1111th post
I was a fan of Grace Smith’s Show Me Your Dock series so I thought we could have a little fun during the holiday season
Personally I enjoy seeing what other designers and coders use in their dock / menu bar. Here goes :
- Twitter App : My preferred twitter app for mac.
- Droplr and Cloud : Fast file/link sharing (use these a lot!)
- Dropbox : Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily.
- Text Expander : TextExpander is the typing utility that saves time and keystrokes.
- Fantastical : I mainly use this for seeing the date but is great to use as a calendar as well.
- Finder : Goes without saying.
- Firefox : My preferred browser + what would I do without Firebug.
- iTunes : Got to have music whilst designing
- Photoshop CS5 (I didn’t like the CS5 icon) : I use this for all my designing.
- Espresso : All my coding is done in Espresso.
- OmniFocus : Where I store ideas before they leave my head.
I look forward to seeing yours
P.S. Windows users, please don’t hate me
First of all, welcome to the Envato marketplace.
Unfortunately, I think that links to specific items would be removed because promotion is not permitted on the forums.
To get a good idea of a nice preview image, try looking at the top selling items in the category you are going to upload to, they are top sellers for a reason, although remember to look at the date the item was uploaded.
To get a general idea, you could look at the preview images of the top selling items on the marketplace ( http://graphicriver.net/category/all?sort_by=sales_count&categories=all&page=1 ).
I hope this helped you out a bit,